• [CENTER]image

OK, if you don't find the movie poster alone to be hilarious, then you have no sense of humor. I really hope there is a scene like that in the movie. Big people riding "Big Wheels" is always funny. Now, let me advise you to please click on the movie poster to view the official trailer. My favorite part is at the end there.

I have a soft-spot for Christmas movies, as my favorite time of the year is when it snows (Granted, it doesn't happen that often where I live :(). My favorite Christmas movies are Home Alone's 1, 2 and 3 (Not the 4th, it's atrocious, stay away). I also really liked Jingle All The Way. You can't tell me Sinbad wasn't funny in that. So forgive me if I am lax on these types of films. They may not end up being "Oscar" quality, but how often do you buy "Oscar" quality movies on DVD anyway? Yeah, not often right?

If this movie turns out like I think it will, I'll add another movie to my list of Christmas favs. Ones I've gotta catch ever December. The trailer looks promising :).

[/CENTER]
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...They may not end up being "Oscar" quality, but how often do you buy "Oscar" quality movies on DVD anyway? Yeah, not often right?...
    Sorry, what was that Matt? I remember some recent movies called The Santa Claus movies starring: Tim Allen as Santa.

I believe they were Oscar quality movies. Maybe didn't win an Oscar, but they all did extremely well at the box office, especially the last one.

And I would definitely own them on DVD, or probably even Blu-Ray if, and when, they come out on that and I have a HD-TV to watch them on.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Sorry, what was that Matt? I remember some recent movies called The Santa Claus movies starring: Tim Allen as Santa.

I believe they were Oscar quality movies. Maybe didn't win an Oscar, but they all did extremely well at the box office, especially the last one.

And I would definitely own them on DVD, or probably even Blu-Ray if, and when, they come out on that and I have a HD-TV to watch them on.

I should have said: "How often do you buy Oscar-winning movies on DVD anyway?"

I just don't think Christmas movies (Other than "It's A Wonderful Life" and other very old ones) get as much respect as other movies. The same can be said about Horror/Halloween movies. See, I wasn't saying that they aren't good, I just meant that a lot of movies are overlooked by the big awards shows.

So, you going to see Fred Claus, Jason? I think I will.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...So, you going to see Fred Claus, Jason? I think I will.

I probably will Matt, I personally like the Christmas movies.
    Did you ever see Mircale on 34th Street? (I think that's the name, it's something like that anyway). I really liked that film. And what you said about Jingle All The Way, it's er different, which in this case is good. I think Arnie is funny in that, but it's let down by the fact that it's Arnie trying to be funny, which is a pity. Stil a good film though.

I also liked the first two Home Alone movies. The rest are just not really that good. Macauley WAS Home Alone...Full Stop! No other person deserved to, or could, fill the role after he'd done such a great job as "KEVIN!" :)

Not exactly christmas films, but some of the Harry Potter films have christmas time within them so they can kind of count, right? Whether they do or don't, they're still good movies though :) Can't wait for number 6 :D
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Did you ever see Mircale on 34th Street? (I think that's the name, it's something like that anyway). I really liked that film. And what you said about Jingle All The Way, it's er different, which in this case is good. I think Arnie is funny in that, but it's let down by the fact that it's Arnie trying to be funny, which is a pity. Stil a good film though.

I also liked the first two Home Alone movies. The rest are just not really that good. Macauley WAS Home Alone...Full Stop! No other person deserved to, or could, fill the role after he'd done such a great job as "KEVIN!" :)

Not exactly christmas films, but some of the Harry Potter films have christmas time within them so they can kind of count, right? Whether they do or don't, they're still good movies though :) Can't wait for number 6 :D

Its been a while, but I've seen "Miracle on 34th". It comes on TV every year, so I'm sure I'll see it again.

I never said Arnold was a great actor, but I just loved when he was trying to get that one toy for his kid for Christmas. That's how people really do act about Elmo dolls these days.

I have to watch the Home Alone movies every year, without fail. Daniel Stern getting injured in so many different ways is enjoyable to watch. Especially when he gets electrocuted and you can see his skeleton :D. I love it. Wish he was in more movies like Home Alone.

Yeah, I agree, the HP movies always seem to have Christmas scenes in them (Despite everyone thinking J.K. is against Christianity altogether). I'm looking forward to see the latest one that is coming out on Blu-ray soon. I didn't get to see it at the theater.

Well, I believe Fred Claus comes out this next week in the U.S., so I'll try to get to the theater and watch it. Vince Vaughn was great in Dodgeball, despite the rest of the movie.
  • Here's a cool (winter)Christmas type film that I have in my collection and seem to watch it every year.... " Jack Frost" from WarnerBros. starring Micheal Keaton
  • Drumstix said:
    Here's a cool (winter)Christmas type film that I have in my collection and seem to watch it every year.... " Jack Frost" from WarnerBros. starring Micheal Keaton

Cool, I don't own it, but I did see it a couple of years ago. I am a big Michael Keaton fan (Just avoid "White Noise"), as Batman and in Multiplicity, and Jack Frost was pretty cool.

Hopefully it makes the rounds on TV this year. If not, I'll give it another rent. I remember the basic premise, but not much else about it.
  • [CENTER]image
    [/CENTER]

Recently, I rented this movie. It originally was in theaters last Christmas, but just came to DVD. I thought it was pretty darn funny. It had an original story (With some strong similarities to the greatest Christmas movie ever, "National Lampoons: Christmas Vacation"), with an excellent cast featuring Matthew Broderick, Danny Devito, Kristin Davis, as well as some surprise faces from a lot of TV shows you probably watch.

I'd recommend you check it out if you want a new Christmas movie to watch this year. It isn't perfect, but it was a fun ride for sure. Watch the special features on it, for once they were actually pretty awesome.

As for Fred Claus, I am trying to get someone to go with me, but they seem to think the movie is too childish for their tastes. I tried to give them the "But, Vince Vaughn is in it!" argument, but it did not work. We'll see...
  • The lampoon movies are good, for that sake of history of film im still gonna say the best christmas movie ever is the one tittled A Chirstmass Story, that stars a young boy named Ralphy on his quest to impress the teacher, aviod bullies, and get a pellet gun for chirstmas

• crimbo movies are s*it, especially the one displayed above no offence im sure your really sound people and obviously have a good taste in consoles but get a grip there cheesy and pointless.
    They might of been good when you where 6 or seven but christ almighty surley you tatse of film have got to of matured.
  • lol blah first of all i said it was a historic perspective, its not like i go out and rent Christmas movies for sat night.
    And secondly you realize that playing a game is just as pointless as watching a movie dont you?
  • Ok ok, everybody is entitled to their opinions.
    Let's keep it friendly though, ok people? :)
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    ...im still gonna say the best christmas movie ever is the one tittled A Chirstmass Story...get a pellet gun for chirstmas...

You'll put your eye out! ;)
  • sorry lads i wright this stuff while at work sometimes not good combination.
  • NOTHING can top "A Christmas Story"!! Speaking of which, I know every year they run a marathon of that movie for 24 hours here in Jersey anyways.

I will see Fred Claus due to being a Vince fan. He's a great all-around actor.
  • NecroshineX said:
    NOTHING can top "A Christmas Story"!! Speaking of which, I know every year they run a marathon of that movie for 24 hours here in Jersey anyways.

I will see Fred Claus due to being a Vince fan. He's a great all-around actor.

Same here, when it comes to "A Christmas Story".

Make sure you drop back in with a review of "Fred Claus" if you plan on seeing it in the theater. I was going to, but it seems I'll be viewing "The Mist" instead. I'll see Fred eventually, but it probably won't happen this year :mellow:
  • Die hard 2 would have to be my favourite christmas film it s got everything you need humour,guns the full package.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    Die hard 2 would have to be my favourite christmas film it s got everything you need humour,guns the full package.

Interesting choice for an Xmas film :huh:

A good family film is Narnia which is kind of christmassy in a way because of Narnia being always Winter until it all changes and Spring finally happens of course :confused: So er for half to two thirds of the film it's a christmas film, just don't watch the last bit as it's not christmas :eek:
  • i know its abit mad but was a crimbo film or home alone thats a classic the one where its crimbo pure genius its a shame that actor turned in to a smack rat .
  • AVP2 for christmas yay (sorry big fan of game avp2)