New Update scuppered me...
  • Last night I switched on my PS3 and it said I had to do an update, which when completed had added a info bar in the top right hand corner of the screen, and to be prefectly honest, it's annoying, am I stuck with this info bar, or can I suppress it somehow..... also since having this updae I'm having connectivity problems... my wi fi connection is 98%, which pretty good considering my PC was downloading Heroes Season 2.... but I never had connectivity issues before the upgrade, has anyone else reported issues?
  • I'm constantly surprised by people saying they have connection problems after doing a system update- never seems to happen to me. Might be due to me using a wired connection.

The information bar is easy to remove- you'll find the icon for it in the network section of the XMB. Highlight it and hit triangle, then select "do not display" to remove it.
  • Cheers buddy, I'll give that a go when I get home... which just isn't soon enough.... it's a sad thing but I love my PS3... can't get enough of it.... along with the PS3 and Heroes Season 2 my life is complete....
    Connectivity probs could be the wi-fi thing, thing is my router is upstairs... I'll have to try and acquire a long enough lead and get it wired....