60gb PS3's BEING BRICKED BY A GAME??
  • Ok, upon my research on the server issues for COD4, I came across several forums stating that games (COD4 in particular) are causing the 60gb PS3's to brick....(become useless) Now, I can see if you were trying to load some sort of software that wasnt PS3 onto it could cause this but.....an actual PS3 game? I wont link any of these articles or posts but do a simple google search and you will find what I am talking about. My opinion is that since its only on the 60gb versions, that there was/is somthing wrong with that batch of systems......chipsets, motherboard, power supply and such.

Thoughts?? Comments??
  • I think it is all a bunch of BS being spread by some fanboys. Still, i would like to check these "articles" for myself- mind PMing me the links?
  • Sure thing... Let me gather them up.

Like I stated. I can see this happening if you did the "homebrew" thing. Then it would be easy to to. I'm also coming up with articles or posts about people having the same "freezing" issues ever since they upgraded to the 2.0 firmware. I sent a link to one of those to you as well. Coincidence?
  • NecroshineX said:
    I'm also coming up with articles or posts about people having the same "freezing" issues ever since they upgraded to the 2.0 firmware. I sent a link to one of those to you as well. Coincidence?

Probably coincidental. After every firmware update, some claim that problems began after the firmware update was downloaded. So, surely all of those people can't be lying. I can see updating my system, and having some oddball internet setting be changed that I had previously set, causing me to not be able to connect online.

But - this one game, "Pro Evolution Soccer 2008", was recently released everywhere but U.S.A., and there are major issues with it. Stuttering gameplay, systems having to be rebooted, it's just a poorly tested game. Apparently, the issues are for people using standard, non-HDMI TV's though.

So as you can see, it can very easily happen when people try and rush games out. Sad part is, COD4 had a long-running beta test with zero problems. It figures that they start having problems when the actual game comes out. Tsk Tsk.

I highly doubt your system will be bricked by the game, and am sure they are working on patches and fixes for the internet problems in the game. It's easy for people to blame a broken PS3 on whatever game was in the system the last time they played it.
  • Hey MCWHAMMER, I got your invite this morning.

I have pretty much been playing COD4 almost non stop on the hardest setting since I got it last week and I havnt seen any type of lagging, freeze ups or shut downs ((knocks on wood)). So what you are saying is that its a possibility that it is perhaps a bad batch of COD4 copies? It would be nice to know if it happens at a certain part of the game but none of the postings that I saw mentioned the spots that these things are happening in.
  • I've only experienced server issues with COD4, Lag etc.........But the idea of all this scares me !!!!!!!!!!!! :(