connection problems
  • Please help this problem is drivig me crazy.
    i have had my ps3 a week and been trying the online Call of duty 4.
    i have my ps3 wired through a router to a wired virgin media broadband connection.
    i can get online no problems, get on the ps network however when i hve been in a online game for bout 5 minutes i get a notcie flashing on the sreen saying connection interuption and then i get logged out of the ps network.
    the the error code 8002A548 comes up

if i leave the game as the sign flashes i go back into the lobby and can then find another game to join. but the same thing happens.
    i spoke on the phone to playstation and they werent much help.
    i have checked the router port connections they all seem ok, even tried the ps3 on DMZ but the same thing happened.

connection test is fine NAT2 connection ip everything. am i missing something or does anyone know what ths code means
  • Make sure you have ports 3074 and 3075 opened. The PS3 uses both ports apparently but one of those ports is closed by default on most routers. Thats what my problem was. Try this and see if it helps.

Here is a link that explains why both of those ports need to be open.

PS3 Update / Patch

Also, here is a link to some good info here in the forums by one of our STAFF members. Take a look...

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/free-playstation-3-guides-ps3-problems-faq/6994-playstation-3-wireless-connection-setup.html
  • i hve checked the ports and both are open UDP.
    the information is for wireless conection which mine is not.
    been trying adain this afternoon and the same thing keeps happening.
    i have tried the connections through DMZ but the problem is still there.
    i thought throuh DMZ it should basically open up everything.
  • Oh, sorry. Missed that. I assumed that it was a router issue since thats what fixed mine with the same symptoms. Still might be a router issue. Have you tried conecting "directly" to the modem yet? Any of the same problems with any of your other PS3 games online?
  • That particular error usually means something is off in the router set up for that connection. Most times putting the PS3 into the DMZ would fix it- not sure why it didn't here.

How do you have your settings on the PS3- are your numbers in going easy or did you put some in manually?
  • Hi everyone

I just bought a PS3 3 days ago, and i can get online with the PS network, Store, etc.

My problem comes when i am playing online, after a few minutes of starting an online game, i get this message "You have lost connection to the server game" or something like that and i got log out of the game, but when that happens i notice that my network signal is strong on both, Wired and Wireless (because i,ve already tried both) and when i join another game, the same thing happens again on both connections.

Does anyone know what is the problem?
  • In all likelihood you may have to open certain ports on your router for the data traffic to get through. Go into your router's settings and look for Port Forwarding. In there make sure the following ports are entered to be open:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Enable these in both directions.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    In all likelihood you may have to open certain ports on your router for the data traffic to get through. Go into your router's settings and look for Port Forwarding. In there make sure the following ports are entered to be open:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Enable these in both directions.

I found the option of the type of port on my Router Access Restrictions/IP filters. it has an option to put "All", "UDP", "TCP"; but before of making the change, i realize that on other option, one of them says disabled, if i enable this option it will work with the "All" option on the port?.

If the question above isn
  • Make sure you have port forwarding enabled. Now in each blank choose either TCP or UDP- don't go with All.In each space that comes piut the starting port number and the ending port number. For the single ports put the same number in both blanks. Once everything is in place just save the settings.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Make sure you have port forwarding enabled. Now in each blank choose either TCP or UDP- don't go with All.In each space that comes piut the starting port number and the ending port number. For the single ports put the same number in both blanks. Once everything is in place just save the settings.

With the starting port number and ending port number your referring to TCP/UDP numbers or the IP address because i got two blank spaces on both of them.

It wants me to put 2 IP Addresses and 2 Port numbers when i put enabled on status on either cases TCP/UDP
  • I am talking about the port numbers (the TDP/ UDP).

This is the first time I've heard of a router needing IP addresses for this, most times they ask for an application. Make the IP addresses run the full range your router can go for handing out IPs to other devices- the blanks would work similar to the ports, with low end and high end.