• Does any one have the theme creator? If you do... upload the p3t theme file here. I know a PS3 THEMES website..... www.allps3themes.com
  • You can download one of them here. There are tons of places to get this from.

Playstation 3: Create Your Own Custom PlayStation 3 Themes
  • I love themes. They are what further sets the PS3 apart from the 360. Why? Cause they're free on the PS3. Plus, anyone can make one, and people have already started cranking out some awesome themes.

I've downloaded a lot of ones I found online, like Kill Bill, Uncharted, Katamari, heck, there are a lot of Jessica Alba ones out there too ;).

I love being able to personalize everything, so the firmware 2.0 update was great for me. Plus, being able to brighten or darken the background image in the themes is very useful, because you can adjust to make the text on your PS3 show up even better on the screen.

I have seen some great fan-work so far, and I can see that themes will be taking up a good chunk of my PS3's hard drive. Hope Sony is just as excited to get some more out on the Playstation store.
  • MC...

What is your method for downloading them? Do you do it through the PS3 browser, thumb drive or whatever?
  • I voted I don't know cause I don't have a ps3.

And yes it is embarassing, lol
  • NecroshineX said:
    MC...

What is your method for downloading them? Do you do it through the PS3 browser, thumb drive or whatever?

I haven't tried downloading them through the PS3 browser, because I've always found it to be too slow, when browsing websites. I just save the theme file to my thumbdrive, and plug it into the PS3. Then I click on "Install Theme" on the PS3, and it finds it on my thumbdrive.

Works perfectly for me.
  • will this not slow down or affect the menu screen just as in windows it can effect boot up time and speed would this affect the ps3 preformance in menu mode.?
  • It does take a second for the background that you put up to come up but its almost instantanious. Other than that, no slow down.
  • I download the themes via my ps3 browser. I download them at All PS3 Themes - Download free PS3 Themes where I can download straight from the website to my ps3 :)
  • cool, this is abit of track lads but if you have a usb stick with backgroud pics on from the pc could i put them on the ps or you gotta do it via the ps on tinternet?
  • you can put 'em on the ps3 but only when it's jpeg, bitmap and another 1... (cant remember what :))
  • To get the themes to work (when downloading via usb) Put 'em in PS3 --> THEME --> p3t file
  • much appreciated shadow you guys know these playstations off by heart
  • no problem my friend
  • I love being able to personalize everything, so the firmware 2.0 update was great for me.

Me too definitely........:)

Plus, being able to brighten or darken the background image in the themes is very useful, because you can adjust to make the text on your PS3 show up even better on the screen.

Yepp, thats the reason no-one used wallpapers when they first came out, because nothing showed up 100%, but now its all sorted........:D

Hope Sony is just as excited to get some more out on the Playstation store.

Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • shaddow said:
    I download the themes via my ps3 browser. I download them at All PS3 Themes - Download free PS3 Themes where I can download straight from the website to my ps3 :)

thanks for that,ive only got a warhawk theme at the moment but ive downloaded some from that site so i wlll give them a try. got some great themes.:D
  • just this minute downloaded a couple of theme's of the website staight on to my ps3,downloaded in second's (great) :D
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    just this minute downloaded a couple of theme's of the website staight on to my ps3,downloaded in second's (great) :D

I've 45 themes :D a lot eh?
    The themes there are great
  • 45? i will have to look for some more on there and see what other one's ican download......cheers for the heads up on that shaddow.;)
  • Well i have a ps3 but probly arent going to download any themes, saidly my opinions arent represented in the poll.

Its just like election day :(
  • grow a pair gladius, its a poll on themes hahahahahaha
  • Added an option to the pol for those that aren't going to bother with themes (must try to cover all the demographics, after all ;) ).
  • Agree... thanks lyn
  • I downloaded the official ones off the store and I've used the Lemmings theme. Has anyone seen it? It's hilarious. I'm so keeping it on my PS3.

Yes it may be lame, but it's still hilarious
  • Currently, i'm using the winter theme that came from the store. Its a little hard to see the icons but looks good. I WANT SNOW!!!
  • me me me 2 2 2 me me me 2 2 2
  • ?/??????? can you send me any descent ones over the net to my ps3 tried looking for them and some free demos to download but im prett stupid could you tell us how or just send us a descent one im using the art one but it makes me look like a gay with the flowers and that.
  • There are tons of great sites out there for themes. Here is a good one sfjp.

PS3 Themes - #1 Site for PS3 Themes

Come to live chat. I'll hang around there for the good part of the day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion