PSP Store now open!
  • [CENTER]imageimageimage
    [/CENTER]

I'll admit it. My PSP hasn't gotten a lot of playtime since I picked it up. There's nothing wrong with it, just been to busy playing the PS3 and other things.

But now - NOW we've got the Playstation Store, or more appropriately, the ONLINE PSP Store. The store amazingly links up with the PSN account you already have for your PS3, and it knows everything you've ever downloaded for either system.

Already, I'm downloading new demos and themes from there, and I can see this is an exciting new venture. It is a little odd that the same things aren't available on the PS3 store for your PSP (demos and themes), but it doesn't matter too much.

I'm excited to see what they do with this - and I hope they make it possible to download multiple items at once. The PSP experience just got better, folks. I'm happy :p. Now, I can see I'm gonna need another Memory Stick.

So, what do you guys think about it? Have you tried it yet?

*Note: You have to download their small application to make the downloads work with your PSP. Once that is done, you're ready to go. Enjoy!
  • Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much PSP Content is on there MCW ???........I agree if there could be some quality Themes and Demos on there then Wowwwww!!!!!!!! Great news.........:D

Just got too get my PSP properly hooked up online and then i'll be checking this out........... Very cool indeed, cheers MCW............:D
  • robcoxy said:
    Just got too get my PSP properly hooked up online and then i'll be checking this out........... Very cool indeed, cheers MCW............:D

The way they intend for you to do it is open their site it on your home PC and download their download client. Then when you click "Download" on any of the available items in the PSP store, they are transferred directly into your PSP (Which you have to have connected to your PSP via USB mode). So, it skips the thumbstick moving process. See?
  • In other words, rob, you don't need your PSP online for this, just your computer. Go check it out already!
  • Ohhhhhhh in that case woohooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks you two........;)
  • robcoxy said:
    Thanks you two........;)

No problem ;) I like this new store, and I went out and picked up an extra Memory Stick because I know I'll be buying games off of it once they get some good ones on there.

I hope they stick to a Thursday schedule like on the PS3 store, that would be great to get a double-dose of new stuff every week :p. These are exciting times for Playstation owners, any way you look at it.

The Syphon Filter demo, ugh, how do you control that thing? I haven't gotten around to playing the Socom one (I got the demo on a UMD at my store a month ago), but surely it's better than the Syphon demo. The cookie theme is pretty nice though.

Anyone buy anything off of the store yet?
  • These are exciting times for Playstation owners, any way you look at it.

Agreed !!!!!!! :D

I will hopefully be linked up to the store soon.......:D
  • I got my E-mail from Sony only today (late as usual) had to sign into my account & entered a code & got the original PS1 Wipeout for FREE!!!! COOL!

Downloading right now & the content of the site is good, will be getting stuff of them in the future.
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    I got my E-mail from Sony only today (late as usual) had to sign into my account & entered a code & got the original PS1 Wipeout for FREE!!!! COOL!

What do you mean by that exactly? Did they send you a freebie code or sumthin'? I want one ;).

Speaking of which, this goober started sending me messages on PSN (He's a forum member here, sadly) asking me for my PSN username and password so he download the Home beta on his PS3 (Which, right now, it's not even worth having, I promise ya - just wait until it's real).

Needless to say - people, do NOT give your PSN information to anyone for any reason. Unless you enjoy people stealing your identity and credit card information and all of your downloaded games, and having your console banned from online usage by Sony. Thankfully, PSN allows me to block all incoming messages from the fool, and I'm pretty sure I can block him on this forum too if he tries to PM me. It really made me mad :mad: that he thinks I am that stupid.