• We have 4 Playstation2 units in the house, 3 are working and 1 isn't. When I go to get online it goes throught the test and says ethernet cable not hooked up, but I tryed it on the others and it works? Can the network adapter be bad? any other Ideas?
  • It could be the ethernet jack on the PS2 but it could also be the ethernet cable you are using or even the jack in the router you have things connected to. Have you tried switching the cables around between PS2s?
  • Yes, I have even tryed another one of the units on the same wire and they worked.
  • Ok, that makes the ethernet jack on the PS2 the culprit. Nothing that can be done there other than have Sony fix it. I'm guessing your PS2 would be out of warranty by now so they would charge for the service.
  • Ok, Thank you for that. Is it possible to download a driver or some other software for the network adapter or for the ethernet card on the unit?
  • Afraid not- it's a hardware issue, not software. It's a matter of something being possibly disconnected inside making for the unresponsive ethernet port.