• HI I have been hearing about Halo 3 might be on the PS3. If this is true can u please tell me, When it is coming out and will it be the same as on xbox360 or have better graphics? Please Respond.

• BadDog said:
    HI I have been hearing about Halo 3 might be on the PS3. If this is true can u please tell me, When it is coming out and will it be the same as on xbox360 or have better graphics? Please Respond.

Sorry, at this point, the Halo series is not available - or coming to the Playstation 3. At the time of Halo 3's release, the box was clearly marked "Only on Xbox 360", and the game was made exclusively for Xbox 360. Bungie Studios, the game's developer separated officially from "Microsoft Game Studios" in October.

Due to their separation, it is possible that future Halo related - or Bungie developed games could come to Playstation or PSP. It is all up to Bungie at this point, as they are now privately owned.

If anything develops to support a rumor like Halo 3 on PS3, you're sure to hear it on this website first!

Truthfully, the game isn't that great. I'm not saying that because this is a Sony/Playstation related website either, I've played Halo 3, and it has limited replay value, and an experience that is all too familiar to anyone who's ever played a shooter. It was good for one play through... not much more than that.
  • That rumor is only that- a rumor. Microsoft still retained the rights to the Halo franchise when Bungie split from them- you won't be seeing it on a PlayStation platform anytime soon.
  • Ok well I have another question. I have asked about 5 different people that have been saying about a ps4.http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/images/smilies/cool.gif
    :cool: I google searched it and i saw a few images and info about it. But A few of the people i asked said that it wont be coming out for a while or quit a while.http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/images/smilies/sad.gif
    :( I was wondering if Their is such thing as a Ps4 yet?http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/images/smilies/confused.gif

• ps4 (cont.)

(ME)I have also this artical paragraph take a look:

(ARTICAL)"In an interview posted on game pro last week, former Sony CEO Ken Kutaragi stated that ideas for PlayStations 4, 5, and 6 have already been conceptualized. However, new, yet still unverified sources now claim that his recent retirement has enabled him to streamline plans for a PS4 prototype sooner than anybody thought."

(ME) It seems there might be more of them if their will be i will be very surprised.

(ME)Here is another artical:

(ARTICAL)Tokyo , Japan- Sony President Ken Kutaragi held an impromptu press conference today, stunning the world by announcing the imminent release of the PlayStation 4. Deciding to forego the intended release of the much-anticipated PS3 and concentrate on the release of the as-yet unanticipated PS4, Sony has decided to market its new system as "a leap ahead of our competition."

While no new titles have been announced for the PS4, Kutaragi assured reporters that the PS4 would be reverse-compatible with PS3 games and that a new system would eventually be released that would be compatible with PS4 games once the technology to make them was invented.

"That system behind you looks like the PS3 we've already seen displayed at much every electronics show for the last year, how is this a different system?" asked one reporter.

Kutaragi replied: "Well, as you can see, this has a 4 on it, and the other model had a 3. That increase represents an entire extra integer of gaming quality, one the critics said we couldn't achieve for another 10 years."
    Related News

Sony Will Follow Microsoft's Lead in Playstation 3 Launch
    Playstation 3 Powered by Small Nuclear Reactor
    Xbox Features Active Death Technology

When asked if this was all one big marketing gimmick, Kutaragi went on to explain that while the specs for the PS4 were not essentially different from the PS3, the price would increase dramatically "to reflect the increase in quality."

It is rumored that Microsoft will announce plans to recall all Xbox 360s to "upgrade" them to Xbox 720s in what's being called a "packaging innovation."

(ME) Looks like they might go for it and might go for an xbox720.

(ME)here is a web site to go to for this next ps4 info:

(ARTICAL)The Playstation 3 would have a lifespan of 10 years, that’s what was promised to us a while ago by a bunch of Sony representatives, but it seems that they’re already making different plans. Vice President of Technology for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Paul Holman is not officially announcing a Playstation 4, but he said that it would be far fetched to say that there will be no PS4 because of a management change

Maybe Sony will use this odd controller for the PS4While we’re waiting for the Playstation 4, Holman said that Sony game developers are realizing that the PS3 has a lot more processing headroom than they initially anticipated and that this will result in the development of new gaming capabilities. A lot of this processing power will be harnessed by releasing firmware upgrades with new features which will both help developers with their development and gamers with media centre capabilities for those that are interested. You’re already able to install different operating systems on the Playstation 3 as you can read in a previous newspost and although it’s not really working that well, we’re sure that this will be improved over time.

By the time the PS3 will be launched in PAL territories like Europe and Australia, the PS3 will undergo a firmware upgrade but it’s unknown what kind of changes will be made or features added . Perhaps we’ll be able to play the downloaded PSone games on the console instead of beaming them to a PSP. He also said that at least 20 new games will be available on top of the US launch titles.

In the ongoing DVD format war, it also gives a huge boost to Sony’s push to make the Blu-ray Disc the dominant standard for high-definition DVD players and movie titles (over rival HD-DVD), since the PS3 becomes, for now, the least expensive Blu-ray player on the market. At today’s briefing I was shown the difference between Blu Ray on the PS3 and the traditional DVD playback. The difference was dramatic with clearer and sharper images.

The Xbox 360 has a full year’s head start on the PS3 and Wii, which means it has more third-generation games available for it, and Microsoft has recently added new bells and whistles like an optional HD-DVD player and full-length movie and TV downloads in high-definition. However indications are that it is not hitting its sales targets in the USA and this could be a problem as both Sony and Nintendo roll out competitive products.

The Wii can’t match the PS3 or the Xbox 360 in terms of realistic graphics or movie playback, but it is significantly cheaper $395 in Australia. It also has its own set of innovative technologies and will appeal to families whose idea of fun does not necessarily entail eviscerating alien monsters.

You shouldn’t worry too much about the title of this article, the Playstation 3 will have a lot of good games coming out, even after the release of the Playstation 4. We’re seeing this right now with the Playstation 2 which has still quite a bunch of games coming in contrary to the Xbox which has been completely dropped by Microsoft.

(ME) and there you have it. few i need i glass of water now.

• The only place the PlayStation 4 is real right now is on the R&D drawing boards at Sony. It's nothing new for a console company to start plans for the next console right after the current one is out the door and being made- it takes years to plan these things out (especially when using new types of chips like Sony did with the PS3).

The PS3 is only one year old so we won't be seeing a successor any time soon. Using past release dates as a gauge I think we will not see a PS4 on shelves until at least the year 2013. In other words, stop worrying about the "what's coming next" and enjoy what is out there currently. ;)