• Do you no anything about yellow dog linux? ive been trying to find out if its worth downloading it.ive tryed to download it on to the ps3 but for some reason the page just goes blank when i access the page.:confused:
  • You don't download yellow dog directly from the PS3. You download it onto your computer and copy the files onto CD or DVD for installing on the PS3. This guide will describe in detail how to install Yellow Dog on the PS3. Also, you can use the loks found here to grab the OS and other files required for free.

Is it worth it? That's up to each user. If you want to try your hand in Linux this may be as good a way as any. You do have to be prepared to do a bit of configuring when installing some programs in Linux- if you aren't really computer-savvy you may want to give it a miss.
  • thanks for that,i have no idea really when it comes to computers so it might be worth giving it a miss.thanks for the quick response.;)
  • linux is just another operatwing system and isnt really anytghing special though my mates that are in to computers tell me its far better and more reliable than windows.
  • whats yellow dog
  • Haven't really kept up with things, have you shaddow? :p Yellow Dog is a version of Linux, a computer operating system, that was designed specifically to run on the PlayStation 3. It's been available for most of the PS3's lifespan.
  • oh... Is it free?
  • Yes, it is free via one of the download links at the pages I gave up above. Like I said earlier, Linux can be somewhat more difficult to work with- some things get down to working at command line level. If you don't know what you are doing one could possibly mess up their system- i would recommend doing some reading up on it before giving it a try.
  • okay thanks lyndon
  • If you already have a pc or especially a mac dont bother dude ;)
  • why not??...............
  • Its not worth wasting your ps3's time dude and as lyndon said you could cabbage your system up.If you dont have a pc or mac go for it ;)
  • yep plus there better versions of linux available to tinker with as its open source yuo can change linux yourself thats how it gets better becasue people all over the world can spot problems and correct them given enough time it wil eventually be perfect shame about the interface not quite as accessebile to the general public as windows but so so so much more reiable and uses far less of your resources "everyones a winner baby"
  • please show me the direct site to download yellow dog linux free