Update on the ps3 patch for COD4
  • This is from the official IW web site, this forum was posted there by someone who works with IW... Hope it helps someone...Because its didn't me...

Hey Everyone --

Wanted to give you guys a heads up on some updates coming to the PS3 version as well as some troubleshooting for those of you experiencing connection issues, especially those attempting to play within Dorms.

The first patch will be a Optimized Connection Patch, First the troubleshooting, those of you experiencing connection issues should check your router and make sure the following ports are OPEN:

Port:
    3075 UDP
    3074 UDP

This is the cause of why your Xbox 360 may work online, but your PS3 would not, as the Xbox 360 uses Port: 3074 UDP which is default open for Xbox Live compatible routers, however the PS3 version is using BOTH Port: 3075 (which is default closed for the majority of routers) and 3074 which should be default open.

Please ensure your router has 3075 UDP and 3074 open, information on how to open ports on your router should be found in your individual router's manual or website. This is a temporary solution, the optimized connection patch will fix this automatically once it's released.

Now for the Optimized Multiplayer updates, we've taken a lot of your community feedback and have been working on a patch for the PS3 version which we plan to release once complete, no ETA on when it will come out as it has to go through certification with Sony, however the update will address and add the following:

Identify party by Background Color (in Lobby)

Optimized Server selection for first match for better connections

Improved network performance for 18 player games

Optimized 'Chase Cam' when Spectating

Fixed Playlist error when attempting to join from other games

Handle Corrupt Create A Class data instead of kicking player

Added Kill cam to Airstrike bombs and Claymores

Added the ability to Mute Players on PS3

Added Recently Met Players on PS3

Tweaked the following Oldschool Mode Settings based on feedback:
    - Added Unlimited Sprint
    - Increased Magazine Size
    - Added Ragdoll Cam

and finally, something we're working on getting into it by the time it hits you:

Addition of Host Migration so if Host Leaves auto-chooses next best host
  • Yeah, bit confusing but it'll turn out alright in the end...........:)
  • The host migration is a MUST! I hate it when you get a good game going, the host leaves and....POOF "Lobby Closed" pops up. Mind you, i'm normally a patient guy but it happens way to often and the six axis controllers arent cheap enough to be snapping in two like the ps2 ones. :p
  • NecroshineX said:
    The host migration is a MUST! I hate it when you get a good game going, the host leaves and....POOF "Lobby Closed" pops up. Mind you, i'm normally a patient guy but it happens way to often and the six axis controllers arent cheap enough to be snapping in two like the ps2 ones. :p

LOL...:D I now how you feel... Thats funny, I seem to have to same problem when that happens, and my controller just seems to fall apart in two...:confused:
  • heheheh... It just sucks. It happened to me twice this morning. I no longer have connection issues it seems. I think if I had a choice between the mic mute function or the host migration, I would choose the mic mute. There was a kid this morning who did nothing but make fart noises through the whole match. It was funny the first 30 seconds...(i'm a man, it amused me. lol) But I actually had to grab the remote and mute the TV which sucked.
  • NecroshineX said:
    heheheh... It just sucks. It happened to me twice this morning. I no longer have connection issues it seems. I think if I had a choice between the mic mute function or the host migration, I would choose the mic mute. There was a kid this morning who did nothing but make fart noises through the whole match. It was funny the first 30 seconds...(i'm a man, it amused me. lol) But I actually had to grab the remote and mute the TV which sucked.

I agree, what would be even nicer would be if you had squads like in resistance. Because that way if you were on a TDM and the team you were on had nothing but annoying players, you and your party could just pick a squad and not have to take the time and mute 8 to 10 ppl....
  • like clans on pc games that would be good, also if the differant armies used differant weapons i think that would be the greatest mod you could give to cod4.
  • Yeah Host migration would be good............:D
  • robcoxy said:
    Yeah Host migration would be good............:D

Is that like in motorstorm where if some one leaves some one else takes over?? ive been online this morning and had nothing but problems with connection if it was'nt poping up server errorr i was getting the LOBBY is closed sign and just when i was getting in to it.:(
  • robcoxy said:
    Yeah Host migration would be good............:D

Is that like in motorstorm where if some one leaves some one else takes over?? ive been online this morning and had nothing but problems with connection if it was'nt poping up server errorr i was getting the LOBBY is closed sign and just when i was getting in to it.:( will try again tonight.
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    Is that like in motorstorm where if some one leaves some one else takes over?? ive been online this morning and had nothing but problems with connection if it was'nt poping up server errorr i was getting the LOBBY is closed sign and just when i was getting in to it.:( will try again tonight.

Yes thats exactly what that means, hopefully this is done soon so when we do find a good server we can keep it...Even if the host has a bad connection...
  • ive joined you online dudes since the 5th and am loving it I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK ABOUT COD4, I WAS VERY VERY WRONG !, IT KICKS A**, anyway that cleared ive not had any problems with cod4 online its been really quick at finding games i just struggle finding people from absoloute playstation do i just type in the names from this website to find you guys?
    Off track abit but when do all the americans and japs go online cos no one plays at british time except 1 person then you beet them then they go its mighty upsetting i tell thee.
  • sfjp...

Nice to know that you are with us and not against us on this game. lol Are you connected wireless or a hard line?

Rob and shootem.. I get your invites and only successfully connected to one of yours Rob. Think it was yesterday. Then I got a "connection interrupted" thing. Shootem, It just flat out wouldn't let me join yours for some reason.
  • It does rock online,i keep my eyes peeled to see if i can see anybody off AP had a couple of freind invites today so that was good,no idea what the time diifferences are though so might end up missing most people when im online.LETS ROCK AND ROLL.:p
  • good stuff yeh i got tinternet through post office line tested i get 6.9mb suppost to get 8mb though, its a wirteless router but pain in the ar*e to set up so i just use cables really enjoy online play just some games dont have enough players like juiced, but gotta love cod4 online sh*ts all over counter strike.
  • NecroshineX said:
    sfjp...

Rob and shootem.. I get your invites and only successfully connected to one of yours Rob. Think it was yesterday. Then I got a "connection interrupted" thing. Shootem, It just flat out wouldn't let me join yours for some reason.

Ya I've been having the same prob, I don't know what it is, One of my good friend and I played for weeks straight and had no prob... Now we can't even join each others party's... One trick I found out is, wait until the staging area or when your in a game and then send the invite...Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't...I joined Rob last night and 2sec into his party my Ps3 froze...:confused: