Commercials
  • (check out the hall of fame HERE to find out what Random Rants is all about).

Movies, specifically Hollywood movies, are my rant right now. I watched the original Star Wars last week. No
  • I agree Gid, there's some major talent out there that's being looked over for the "in thing". I mean, let's face it, most of these people, even the big name actors, are in this industry for as a career, therefore, we probably shouldn't knock the fellow or gal getting all the current flicks, buuut, we shouldn't miss the opportunity to find new talent because we're too afraid to try someone new and take the easy way out by paying the bucks for someone popular, (and probably not so good). There has been a few pictures ruinned by the use of a popular actor instead of a good one. (Can't think of any off hand at the moment, but I know I've thought this about some). This brings me to another thing I don't like about Hollywood flicks these days, I can't stand the fact that they are so afraid of finding some original screenplays. I get so very tired of seeing a remake of this or that film from the 60's or whenever. Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind watching them, as, for me anyway, they're better than the original for quality and such. Each time I see a remake come out though, I think to myself that some poor writer, with oodles of talent, has been brushed off with an excellent screenplay that'll probably never find it's way into the limelight because someone thought "Charlie's Angels" was actually more than eye candy. Anyway, I'd sure like to see more original stories come out, rather than using and reusing stories that've grown old.
  • No rant here, just agreeing with Gid. Personally, I think it helps when the actors are unknown (assuming they're any good at acting). When you've never seen them before, you don't have that image of whether they're a good guy, bad guy, funny guy etc. If you don't understand what I mean, just imagine Jerry Seinfeld acting as the Green Goblin in the Spiderman movie...... Would you be able to take him seriously?
  • How 'bout when a good new actor gets over-shadowed by special effects. Seen it happen too many times and getting tired of it.

Why is it that computers need to be used for so many special effects? Alot of you probably have seen Ronin with Robert De Niro. Now in that movie a car spins its tires before speeding away in chase of another car. Well it looks like the director didn't or couldn't get the shot right naturally. So they used digital imagery to add smoke coming from the rear wheels and it looked like sh*t. Throw some bleach on the tires, drop the tranny into first and floor it. With the right timing you'll get your smoke, naturally... well almost.
  • Any idea why 15-18 year old boys have to go through this same weid ritual:

1: "stare-out" anyone who walks within 10 feet of them (thats about 3 metres for out metric friends).

2: This is usually followed by getting as much mucus from their lungs and spitting it on the ground in front of them, or alternativley emmiting a smaller high velocity version that needs to reach at least 6ft from them.

3: If not already smoking they then light-up and inhale as much smoke as possible, to prove they are a "real" man - even though they know it will make them "real" dead in a few years time.

I feel sure this is the same routine all over the world... but why ?
  • Well being 16, and in the UK i suppose i should shed as much light on to this one as i can:
    1) The stare out is (in my case) only done to people,who:
    A)I know, and know it annoy's them.
    B ) Basic instinct thing. He who stares longest is the dominente male.
    C)People who look 'odd'
    or D) those who look at us 15-18 year olds in a strange way first.

2) This is a basic instinct thing again. He who spits biggest/furthest is the dominate male. It is also for in later life when that job as top flight footballer comes around, and then every time a camera is on you, as you play, you gob.

3) I dont smoke, and never intent to, so can't coment.
  • Well, my rant has to do with ISPs.

Recently, the one my family "chose" (hah!) was looted for around 1,000,000,000 dollars, which has apparently reduced the ability of the ISP to stay up for a stretch of time longer than 5 minutes. The costs have gone up, the service has gone down, and I can't switch!

Why? Because if I want broadband, it's Adelphia or nothing! Grrrr....stupid monopolies....

Oh, and, hello again. :D
  • Fscking ignorant people who have no idea what they're talking about yet they know that you're wrong. First off, why ask me if you already fscking know the answer?! And if you're going to just say i'm wrong anyway, i may as well tell you to go fsck yourself, but of course that's not my nature! So, what is this rant about you ask? It's about people that come into my work......do you have "blah" in? I in turn tell them that it's not out......This makes sense to me since i have been gone for two days and personally don't know for sure yet and i'm not going to look yet as i'm not working yet......They then tell me "well i saw it over there on the shelf 5 mins ago....My favorite is when people argue release dates of games with me......Who would you believe? Me or someone else? I really have gotten tired of fscking ignorant bastards though. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.

"blah" - No point in naming it
  • My rant....The fact that life has seen it's way to make DC's life a god awful as possible.....If it is not enough that my business life has become "if-ee" at best...paying for a degree and education (which they have seen their way to raise tuition)...Personal life...(very confusing to say the least)...

It all came to a head when a person I have known for 15+ years hangs themself in their backyard...(Please I do not wish any "I am sorry to hear thats" as kind as they are they would do nothing but drag me down right now)

I realize that life has it's ups and downs, but DAM*, the "up" is eluding me, and has been for awhile now......

AHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:
  • FREAKIN' TELEMARKETERS!!!
    Well now I am pi**ed off, last week a someone called to conduct a "survey". So I spent the 20 seconds she said it would take to do this "survey". It was on how I feel about the quality of air in my home and outside. She was very polite and pleasant sounding, so I thought it was a legitimate "survey". Later in the week I get a call asking about a "survey" that I took earlier in the week. I acknowledged that I had and she went on to tell me about how my name was drawn to receive a prize valued at $1500. She then went on about how I have a choice of a cruise to Hawaii or a flight to the Bahamas. She must have been confused by my reaction since I didn't say a thing. "Hello?" she said. This where I think she got pi**ed off. Since my reply was...

"What do I have to buy?"

She hung up on me!!! They have the nerve to call me at all hours, call me by wife's maiden name (the phone was in her name before we got married), then hang up on me! Really, people should find better things to do with their time.

• The biggest p*sser about that whole thing Rex is that these morons get PAID FOR THAT!!!!!!!!! I don't think I'd keep my job if I were as rude to anyone!!! Sheeeeesh, the standards these days just keep getting lower and lower!!!!! :angry:

I hate it when I get telemarketing calls on my phone line that is solely for my computer!!! I got this extra line for my puter only, and it has an unlisted number. I only RARELY use it for phone calls... like, I've used it to make calls TWICE!!!!!! But, I frequently get calls on here from telemarketers. (yes, I keep a phone hooked up to it too, for when I'm offline). I've started answering it with the name of some phony business, and then tell them that the owner is out of town and I don't have the authority to ok anything, but if they'd leave their name and number I'd be sure to leave him the message...... heh heh heh...... funny how those ones don't call back! :D You ought to try it sometime!!!!!!! :P
  • Yeah I know what you mean speedie. Our house gets so many calls from telemarketers so I decided to leave them a little message on our answering machine. "you've reached ******* we're not home right now so leave your name and number and we'll get back to you as soon as possible......unless you're trying to sell something in that case piss off!
  • Actually I prefer to do what you put on your answering machine Billy, If your not up front and honest with them they have no idea that you don't want what they are selling. I was quite proud of myself since usually I let them ramble on but this time I don't know what happened I was just fed up. I mean she was taking quality time away from me and my PS2!!!

This is how you deal with a telemarketer...

"Hello." as you always say when you pick up the phone.

"Yes, I am calling to tell you about this amazing off...

F*** OFF!!! :angry: SLAM!

Done and done.
  • Heh heh heh....... I actually did that once Rex..... only I didn't say "hello" and give the caller a chance to say anything first. The person called during dinner, and as we have caller ID, I saw that it was an "anonymous" call, which means someone I don't want to talk to, so I picked up the reciever, said " F*CK OFF!!!!!!" and hung up the phone! hehehehee...... Hubby and son looked at me as though I'd gone mad!! :wacko: But, if you're mean like that, I find that it just encourages them to 'red flag' your name to remember to call back and harrass sometime when they're having a bad day. Trust me, I know this tactic, I used to be a telemarketer! :o

IMHO, the caller ID's $5 a month is worth it to avoid all the calls that I don't want to take. If it comes up as "anonymous" but it's someone I'd want to talk to, if it's really important, they'll leave a message. Otherwise, "Fagettaboutit"!! :lol:
  • SPEEDIE! YEa i have fun with telemarketers all the time. At one point I pretended to have an Indian accent and yell at people across the room while this guy tried to sell me Time magazine. But your approach is hilarious! I have caller ID and its great.

-My random rant is school. Now hear me out. School is worth it in many ways but Ive seen so many people and some of my friends fall into depression because of it. So much burden is placed on todays youth. I wake up with headaches every morning because I now I have a lot to do everyday. Today I have to put up flyers in different halls and stay after 6PM to organize a facilitation meeting that was moved from next tuesday to tomorrow!!! :blink: Man my teacher is a gaping @$$hole. But the only thing that gets me through it all is that I know it will be over. Ill finish putting up flyers and Ill finish doing my facilitation report wiht 2 others.

-Well im glad i got it outta my system. This rant thread is great. ;)
  • Yeah gene, the whole school thing is supposed to be stressful with exams and all (well, at least that's what i've heard ;) ). Back in year 9 (the first year we have exams), all the teachers were saying "Don't stress yourself out, they're just a long test. Nothing to stress about." Even though I wasn't stressing, I took their advice and thought of it as nothing.
    Now, I passed those exams quite well, so it obviously got stuck in my mind that stress is unnecessary because 3 years later, I still don't stress. In fact, i'm so relaxed that people - i.e the people in my basketball team, and some of the people I work with - have asked me whether i'm on the "wacky tobaccy" , which I certainly am not.

So my point is: Stress is good for you :)
  • , I took their advice and thought of it as nothing.
    Now, I passed those exams quite well, so it obviously got stuck in my mind that stress is unnecessary because 3 years later, I still don't stress. [/b]

So my point is: Stress is good for you [/b]

Wow, now I'm confused!! Seems to me that these two statements are the exact oposite of each other...... Waaahhhhh..... now I need my therapist!!!! :P

My rant is again about phone callers, but it's more along the lines of people who SHOULD NOT, under any circumstances, EVER be allowed near phones!!!!!

Got a phone call the other night, (about 9:00 pm) saw it was 'anonymous' and thought "Oh boy, fun with telemarketers!" Wrong! I answer "hello" and I get the reply 'who's this?'

[b]DON'T CALL SOMEONE'S HOUSE AND ASK 'WHO IS THIS?'!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't know who you are calling, STAY THE HELL OFF THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
  • You know what's really funny.......when people call for my dad and I tell them he's dead "oh um i'm sorry" LOL! I also like to answer the phone with....."Thank you for calling Blockbuster how may I help?"...........you then hear...."Click" LOL classic :lol:
  • Well stress is good for you because if I stressed a little more, maybe I wouldn't be doing so badly at school. I'm in year 11 and I don't worry about tests or anything, and since I don't worry about them, I hardly ever study for them (and when I do, it's not very productive).

And is it really a good thing if people think you smoke weed when you don't?
  • Hey Killa I have the same problem about the Weed thing.
    People think I smoke it but I have never tried it and never will.
    I just am kind of on the fence about the hole thing, you know?

In my heart I know it isnt the best thing to do but it makes a lot more people have respect for you.

SO I dont know what to do on that subject.
  • Standing up for what you feel is right rather than what you feel will make you more "respected" will in actuality have other people respect you more than most any other things that you can do. You're just being hypocritical if you do something regardless of your feelings on the subjects. Doing something to be "cool" or be more "respected" isn't the right way to do things. Always follow your heart and do what you feel is the best thing for you and other around you. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Dude, weed is not respectable. My friend smokes weed, as much as I understand why he would (the guy has problems), I don't respect him all that much. Doing anything dangerous (i.e drugs) just to be 'cool' instantly makes you a try-hard and in turn, not cool.

In a way, i'm lucky that my mum is so over-protective she thinks I smell like smoke when I don't (just for the record, never tried it, never will). I know that if I did anything like that, my mum would know, so i've stayed away from that kind of thing. Other people are not so lucky, and they're pretty fscked up because of it.

It's not until someone you know gets hurt that you realise how bad these things really are.
  • SLAMMER!!!! :angry:
  • In responce to Killa: Drugs make you a loser bro. Glad to see you're not getting mixed up with that :) I've been accused of taking drugs too because i'm hyper/energetic. The only thing I'm guilty of is being a Mountain Dew Code Red-aholic :D

In responce to RKP: You're right :angry: The world is getting sicker this days. You're wrong about one thing. Guys who sexually assault or rape women shouldn't be thrown in jail.......they should be castrated!

Off with their *$@!%!!!
  • Red, if you're getting felt-up against your will, let someone know about it, and let the person doing it know that it's not OK with you. A lot of teen boys (having been one myself) think that it's OK if you do nothing, as if you don't mind. I know it's stupid, but so are teen boys. The next time someone touches you inappropriately, yell at them, embarrass them, stab them with a fork, something, anything, but do something and do it loud! Also, go immediately to the administration of your school (this is happening at school, right?) and let them know about it.

This is the kind of thing that no respectable administrator wants going on at his/her school, and should take appropriate steps to both ease your discomfort and prevent its reoccurance. If that doesn't work, go directly to the police. Just because it's happening on a school campus, don't think that it is not a crime. Sexual assault is sexual assault. Also, I don't advocate bringing weapons to school, but you should protect yourself. Have you told your folks about it? If someone were messing with my daughter, I know I would want to know about it. I'm sure your folks might have an idea or two on how to handle this sitch, don't you think?

Take crap from nobody, and stand your ground. :)
  • I already got it taken care of..but believe me..telling him wouldn't work. This guy was one of those boys who don't behave no matter what. In fact, where I caught him the other day for it was in DETENTION.(he was in detention...I wasn't) But it still isn't okay. My trust for boys has completely been stomped on. <_< </font>
  • Well I am very sorry to read that your respect for boys has gone down the drain.

I dont know what kind of situation you were in but alot of the girls at my school dont really care if they like smack there a$$ or stuff like that. But that is were we stop, if we go into any of those other areas it is major trouble. I personally dont do this to girls because I respect there privacy and such, and I have a girl friend.

Also, about the Pot thing, alot of my friends have been getting into it alot lately and they always aks me to come join them. I never do and I never will, I thank my parents for making me aware of these kind of things and what not to do.
    Alot of my friends it seems I am losing. But I still have a great girl friend that I like alot and I also thank her for being with me.
  • Originally posted by Billy_Madison@Oct 3 2002, 09:48 PM
    In responce to RKP: ...Guys who sexually assault or rape women shouldn't be thrown in jail.......they should be castrated!

That actually makes sense. Misuse your attributes you shouldn't have one. :angry:
  • Don't mistrust all boys Red. All boys don't do these things, but the f***ed-up ones do. Don't trust the f***ed-up ones. The hard part is cutting the f***ed-up ones out of the herd.

Sorry Red, but you've started something.

I'm about sick and f***ing tired of people who judge me on my appearance. I try very hard to treat people in a way that is dictated by their behavior towards me, and damnit, I expect the same courtesy.

For the first few years of my adult life (and occasionally still) I was treated as though I were a moron just because I'm larger than average. People used to treat me as if I were a big, dumb galoot. I spent my entire educational career(pre-university) in advanced and gifted classes and programs, yet when people met me, they would see a "big guy" and speak to me as if I were 6. This led to a lot of anxiety and frustration on my part, which led to anger. That anger led to me trying to dissuade the common mistake by employing a formal, or at least an enlarged, vocabulary. It had no effect!!! Some people seemed to think it was a parlor trick of some kind or a scam. It seemed like they were thinking "How did that big guy learn those words? and what do they mean?" Then I would hear "OK, you've got book learnin', butcha ain't got no common sense" Just what kind of common sense precipitates saying that to a large, angry person?

I feel a proper rant coming on, but I haven't the time for it now. I'll cut to the chase:

A lot of you who think you don't judge people on their appearance probably prejudge large people.

Maybe I'll come back and edit stuff into this later..........
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004+Oct 5 2002, 05:25 AM-->QUOTE(RedKennypup2004 @ Oct 5 2002, 05:25 AM)
    [quote]<!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Madison</i>
    @Oct 3 2002, 09:48 PM
    In responce to RKP: ...Guys who sexually assault or rape women shouldn't be thrown in jail.......they should be castrated!

[/b][/quote]
    In some cases, this may work. However, in most cases of a sexual assault, the perpatrator is doing it out of sexual frustration. For some, it's because of an inability to get an erection, which is why they use "objects". Too many sex offenders have even stated that if they were to be castrated, that would not stop them from commiting their crimes. You can't change someone that has no desire to change.

So you can either spend millions housing an inmate or send them to the "chair". It's a nice little catch 22.
  • So you can either spend millions housing an inmate or send them to the "chair". It's a nice little catch 22. [/b]

Catch 22 my @ss!!!!!! I'd much rather pay for the electric bill to fry all their @sses than to pay the housing-clothing-feeding-entertainment bill to keep theiry punk-@sses alive!! To quote one of my favourite Metalica albums, "Kill 'em All"!!!!!!! :angry:

Badboy, you are making the right decision to stay away from pot and any other drugs. They not only DON'T make you cool, but it makes it sooooo much harder to get your life back on track when you do come to the conclusion that it's all a big mistake (as you strike me as the type of person who would never fall into that stupidity trap for life). Not to mention, you get the reputation in your town as being a druggie loser, and when you do clean up your act, that reputation will follow you and make it harder for people to take you seriously. Keeping clean now is sooooo much better for too many reasons to mention. All I can say to you is ....... GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR DECISION, AND HORRAAYYY TO YOUR PARENTS!!!!!! :D

WB, I don't know wtf is wrong with ppl!!!!!!! That's all I can say. I've never been one to judge ppl on the way they look or the job they do or any of that. I come across LOTS AND LOTS of different ppl in my job, and that is because I have a boss who is the same way I am...... the only thing he (we) care(s) about is what is inside a person. We've got large and small, rich and poor, politicians and unemployed patients... none of it matters. The only thing that matters is that they need us, and we're there for them, whether they can pay or not. That exterior crap not the point. The point is that we are there to serve...... anyone and everyone!!!!!! I do not automatically think "Oooh, a big fat stupid galoot" when I see a larger person....... I don't know what I think really... guess it depends on how they greet me or how they respond to my greeting. I smile at everyone and say hello to everyone, regardless. If they respond in kind, then I have a more positive mental response. And, if they respond nastily, or have no response at all, like look away and ignore me, then my mental response is much more negative. It has nothing to do with what the person looks like. It's all about what the person IS like. Honestly, my entire life I've never been the type of person who judges one by their looks, and I thank God for this gift of being able to look beyond the exterior before I look AT the exterior. I do see it as a gift, and WB, I am truly sorry that you have to be treated so shabbily, but you KNOW you don't deserve it. Forgive them their tresspasses, for they know not what they do. :(
  • WB. I'm sorry for all those people who think you are really stupid based on your appearence. I've had something like that..but it was something different in my appearence that caught people to call me stupid. Really all you can do in this type of situation is ignore them, because trying to fight people who think this and try to proove them wrong on their thoughts won't work.(it didn't work for me at least) Once again..I'm sorry for how people have treated you but you know...the truth will show itself. :(

So you can either spend millions housing an inmate or send them to the "chair". It's a nice little catch 22.[/b]

Pah. I'd rather send them to the chair and have them be brought to justice. This sort of situation makes a girl feel like and object and no one should feel like an object. :angry:
  • It seems to have been a nice 19 days and no replies so in that case...I have something else to rant on. Why do you guys have to be so friggin confusing?!?! Some guys I've met lead you on and then crush you like a bug in their path...tell me...what's the meaning of the confusing ness as far as emotions go for boys? <_< </font>
  • Boys think they have to play up the tough guy attitude. Plain and simply they try to have no emotions besides happiness and anger. They think that toying with your emotions will make them feel bigger around the rest of the boys. Then they can go back to their buddies and say things like...

"Yeah then she started crying...

Don't let them get the best of ya, there are good guys out there who are mature and won't toy with your emotions like some that you may have experienced.
  • In my experience of being a guy (about 16 years or so), the 'good ones' aren't going to make it obvious that they like you. This is (usually) because they are either shy, or fear rejection. The last thing you'd want is to ask a chick out and have them reject you then (inevitably) tell all thier friends that you like them. Word spreads quickly, give people a few classes, and by the end of the day everybody knows that you got rejected. Ouch.

Then there's the guys who just don't bother because last time they had a girlfriend thier mum found out and told the entire family, making it a frequent topic of conversation which is just too much bother for some people (i.e. myself).

Why are the 'good ones' shy? Well the fact is, they aren't morons with big ego's. That's just my opinion on the matter :)
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Oct 25 2002, 03:08 AM
    Boys think they have to play up the tough guy attitude. Plain and simply they try to have no emotions besides happiness and anger. They think that toying with your emotions will make them feel bigger around the rest of the boys. Then they can go back to their buddies and say things like...

"Yeah then she started crying...

Don't let them get the best of ya, there are good guys out there who are mature and won't toy with your emotions like some that you may have experienced.

Sadly this is too often the case with many of the men and young adults nowadays.

It seems as if there is a over-abundance of morons out there who see themselves as a "Rough-n-Tumble" type of personality, and to them many of todays women/young ladies are nothing but thier "bitches".....

BUT, the sad and true fact is that many of todays "men" wouldn't know what the word means, let alone how to act like such. The idiots of todays society see themselves as "macho" and "bad-asses", yet what these pathetic little imps with IQ's ranging in the high teens fail to grasp, is that in the stereotypical "Macho-man" that they can only pretend to be, women were to be defended against such actions as abuse and crude remarks especially those made by other men.

Now it seems as if it is the cool thing to talk to women as if they are all ghetto-sluts.

HOWEVER, women out there have a responsibility as well (moreso the young women in todays world). YOU have to stop acting like you live in a MTV video and chase after these punks who treat women the way they do.
    ...remember, you may be attracted to the bad-ass; just keep in mind what fruit you may reap if you pick him.

Yes, there are good guys out there, but you have to be selective as to where you find them.
  • Originally posted by Lucifer@Oct 26 2002, 02:03 PM
    It seems as if there is a over-abundance of morons out there who see themselves as a "Rough-n-Tumble" type of personality, and to them many of todays women/young ladies are nothing but thier "bitches".....
    Wouldn't you like to just grab hold of these f*****g guys and beat the living s**t out of them?
  • [quote]Maybe I
  • [quote]Originally posted by Susan B STAFF@Nov 2 2002, 06:13 AM
    [b][quote]Maybe I
  • Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck would have to be one of the best stories i've read in school. Why do they "make" you read these for class? Well, English is the combination of many different skills including the reading of literary works. Some of these so called "no names" in Literature aren't very no name, it's just that you don't know about them. Never be afraid of learning something new, reading teaches you something new, especially when you don't who this artist that wrote the literary work is until later. Reading is a crucial element of English, it's not just grammar. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I must agree with Mad on this one, Reading is just one of the many elements that go into the full understanding of the English....and no matter what, the more you learn, the broader your view of the world becomes......

OK, now for my rant, well not really a rant, more of a quandry based on pure confusion :lol: . OK, now I deem myself to be a rare breed as it pertains to the typical mid 20's male.....I am the nice guy that seems to finish last. So why is it that any "significant other" that happens into my life seems to run...haha..maybe I am to nice. Ah well, on to the next chapter. You have to love the many twists and turns life throws at ya. :unsure:
  • So why is it that any "significant other" that happens into my life seems to run[/b]

Because they're all a bunch of totally stupid, moronic IMBICILIC IDIOTS who just don't know when they've got it so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because you've simply not yet met the woman who truly deserves someone like you, and "Someone Up There" is making sure you don't get stuck with the wrong one....... so you'll be ready and available when the right one comes along....... someone who will treasure you and cherish you like you deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd wondered the same thing..... when the ex left me ....... then met THE LOVE OF MY LIFE and now I know why...... I was being prepared to be the person he'd fall in love with, and being made available for him. All the rejection hurts like hell........ but it all comes out for a reason...... just know that, if they're leaving, they obviously don't deserve you!!! They're just too stupid for you!!!!!
  • People that still act as if they are little children, thats my rant for the day. My friend, whose name i will not mention if they are known (not you lethal, lol), still acts like this. He says something stupid right, like "Mangles your ugly" or "Tom, your g@y" for no reason. So i defend my friends, right, which earns me a "Shut up four eyes". Just a question, how do you get four eyes when you have glasses? Ive only got two eyes, four wouldnt be bad, if they were in the back of the head but hey, ive still got two eyes only. I expect this in Primary School, but in grade 10 with four weeks till the end of the year, i wouldnt expect this. This person also expects you to be nice to him because, i dont know, some reason. But no one really is anymore, so that earns outlashes to us just because we disagree with him. We gave him a chance the first, oh, 3 terms but enough is enough. Just for the record, he believes everything he says, which can be really annoying sometimes. Also, for the record, he can be nice, not very often, but he can be, which is good when it happens.

Also, people who judge you on your appearance really p!$$ me off. I mean, im probably a little above average, i used to be bigger than what i am now (lost some weight, some how). But you still get the implementation that your lazy and useless. Which isnt right. I do more than what some people who are skinnier do. Its just wrong you get judged on your appearance. I dont believe its fair.

Thats my rant for today.
  • Maybe your so called friend feels kind of lonley and needs some attention, try giving him some positive attention the first you do when you meet him. If he still keeps on calling you names, you and the others must tell him in a serious way that you don't accept beeing talked to like that. I don't think ignoring him will help at all, he'll just try harder to pi$$ you off.

And you are right about judging on apperance is wrong, to judge anybody without really knowing them is wrong. A skinny person doesn't know how hard it is to lose weight, a clever person doesn't know how hard it is to gain knowledge, a well-articulated person doesn't know hard hard it is not to swear all the time, a handy person doesn't know how hard it is to install a VCR.
    Everybody has something that they are having a hard time with, it's just happens to be so that with fat people it shows right away, before you really get to know them. Always keep an open mind and you might just find a fat, stupid friend :)
  • [quote]Always keep an open mind and you might just find a fat, stupid friend
  • Originally posted by Crickettrules@Nov 5 2002, 01:14 AM
    So i defend my friends, right, which earns me a "Shut up four eyes". Just a question, how do you get four eyes when you have glasses?

My only explanation to that would be the idea that people think that Bifocals and Glasses are the same. Glasses themselves don't have a split as I'm sure you know...but Bifocals do...so maybe they think that four sections of glasses...four eyes. It's really a stupid analogy. As far as your friend goes, I would say that if you ignore them, that's good...but it certainly doesn't stop you ears from hearing the words he speaks...and as we all know, words hurt. Let him know you have a problem with the way he is treating you and if he makes fun of you after that, then maybe he's best lived without.
  • :angry: AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! :angry:

Bad day at work. I won't get into exactly what happened (since that would involve telling you exactly what I do and that could take up some considerable space) I got pulled off of my usual job to do some other stuff and my Supervisor got someone to do my job while I was gone. When I got back my area was a complete disaster. All I got was a "Goodbye" when this guy left. Well thank you for taking as much pride in doing my job as I
    do. Of couse he dosen't have time now since he has his job to do now.

I feel a little better now. <_<
  • This is buggin' me a little......

Today this client of mine shows up late, too late to do what we need to get done, and she immediately goes into this rant about not being able to find me (I was sitting at my desk), but she was really on time, and if I don't allow her to stay and forgive the tardiness, she's going to be in a big mess and it's all going to be my fault. Now without a doubt, I am the most forgiving of the staff where I work when it comes to tardiness, and I was going to cut her some slack, until I heard that mess about how it was going to be on me. The nerve! I am not responsible either for her being late, nor for her being one of my clients, either. Both are situations of her doing. Regardless of what mess she's in, none of it is my fault. I looked her in the eye and told her to be on time next week, and sent her out of my office, and that she would not be allowed to attend this week. What a b!tch!
  • GRRRRRRRRR!

I really cannot stand athletes. Mainly football players (no offense to all those football players out there...) but I have about 7 football players in my science class and they never seem to grasp the concepts of both respect for others and sit down and shut up. At the beginning of the year, I was sitting around in a circle surronded by them and then two days before we switched teachers to learn the Biology curriculum, I moved up because I was unable to hear what was being taught due to some football players thinking they should talk about their bad habits. Now, I moved up for two days and could every word that was being said. Now we are learning the Chemistry curriculum again and I am back with the same teacher who put me near those dang athletes in the first place and then the first day we flip back one football player won't leave me alone. In fact, he was the prime reason why I switched seats and here he is trying to become my friend and still talking with his friends about his bad habits....so I'm back in the same situation I was in at the beginning of the year. Not to mention, he has also involved me in his stupid conversations like "How to F*** a B****". Now I am not one to want to be subject to this kinda crap, ESPECIALLY after my sexual harrassment incident :angry: . So I wish all his friggin friends would take their sexual conversation out of my science class so I can at least learn one darn thing and now have to listen to their voices. Urg...makes me want to just slap him across the face. :angry:

Wow...I feel much better now...amazing how that works. :blink:
  • I rented GTA: Vice City yesterday from Rogers Video. Got home, popped it into my trusty PS2, sat down on the couch and got the case to get the manual. They didn't give it to me. I can understand if someone didn't return it but they should have told me that they did not have a manual to give me. What if this game did not have a view of the controls within the game? Can some one with the game tell me if I am missing anything improtant that is in the manual?
  • Nah, mostly the manual just tells you background info on the different areas and people......nothing really missed out on. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • This one's less like a rant, more like sharing of experiences.

Yesterday I went to 7/11 to get my lunch (as I usually do when I have little money) - I pick up a meat pie and a drink of some description. I was quite pleased on this particular occasion though, because when I asked for a meat pie the guy said "I'll give you a king-size for the same price because the normal ones need another 10 minutes".

Now, to you people that may mean nothing, but seeing as i've gotten food poisoning on multiple occasions (you'd think i'd learn eh?) I was glad to know that the guy behind the counter actually cared about my meat pie as oppose to the people who usually serve me who seem to just think "Oh, it's still half-frozen, but i'll sell it anyway. Maybe they won't notice..."
  • The bloody audio config. in movies.
    What kind of freaks setup the sound, And then, all of a sudden, music, with enough volume & base to rattle the walls & windows, starts playing and then there's an explosion, a crash, gun fire and someone yelling.
    Sure, thats all fine & dandy for the cinema but at home there are neighbors
    trying to hear the plot of their movies, programes, books, cult rituals or
    whatever it is neighbors do.
  • There is one thing that's been getting on my nerves for some time now.
    I live right next door to a University and therefore there is alot of young people, who for the first time trys life without mum and dad, living close to me.
    This is usually great fun in every aspect but one.
    Whenever I go groceryshoping there are atleast one or two of theese kids, and I don't know what the matter is with them. It is like they never visited a supermarket before.
    I here things like (transated from Swedish)
    - Well, we were gonna have minced meat but they only have minced beef. Do you think that we can use that instead?
    and - I don't know man, it says milk 1,5% fat,
    but the carton is not the same color as the ones we have back home!

So I have to stand in line for 3 minutes to get milk before theese idiots have agreed to NOT trust the writing on the carton but rather go for the coloring that thay are used to.
    And then I realize that these people are at the moment reading to become teachers or engineers or whatever.
    Frightning
  • Oh Mr. Gungk I know just what you mean!!!!! That ticks me off to no end!!!!! We recently got the Lord of the Rings dvd and tried to watch it... a while back..... IT WAS SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! First of all, I am an American, so I have a bit of a hard time with accents. ( no offense meant to anyone who is not American, please forgive me) But, if the sound were worth a darn, then that would not be a problem!!!!! Just like Knowze says, when the characters are mumbling..... I mean speaking......... uh, no, I do mean MUMBLING... I can't understand a friggin' thing they are saying!!!!! It's hard enough as it is with the accents, but do they have to mumble and whisper too!?!?!?!? Here I thought it was just me or my equipment, but I guess it's not just me!
    WHY CAN'T THESE 'PROFESSIONALS' FIGURE OUT HOW TO MIX SOUND PROPERLY SO WE CAN HEAR THE CHARACTERS TALK/MUMBLE!?!?!?!? :angry: :angry:
  • It's always great to have somone agree with your rant.
    'Course, on DVD, you can always enable subtitles. But, when the beautiful
    heroine is mumbling away, you're given a very tough choice. Either watch
    the subtitles & know what's going on or watch her cleavage & know what's going on. ;)
  • Random Rants eh?

Ok well here goes:

I have this stupid history essay due yesterday (yes i meant to put yesterday, it is one day late) and this essay is 1000 words that are four letters or more in french (French is my second language)!
    It is on how Fidel Castro took power. The subject is interesting enough but all the rules of formal essay are really getting to me. Plus all the french grammar! I think im going to go crazy! Our teacher gave us three weeks to write this essay and that is definatly not enough time for us students that have a life! Plus history is a required course so I have to pass and I dont really like the way this teacher teaches. She talks about all the treaties sign during WWI. It is so boring! Maybe if she talk about the battles or the weaponary (or anything else!) it would be more interesting but no, treaties this treaties that! I mean who really cares about the treaties signed 50 years ago that no one uses any more? urgh!

That was a relief!

Dont even bother to read this it is pretty boring.
  • This has been pissing me off for the whole day now....ever since it happened.

Okay, at lunch, I was sitting around talking to my friends and this one girl who's annoyed me from the start of high school and I've been trying to be nice and here she is...a friggin senior(so I don't exactly have the 'authority' [as one would say]to tell her to shut her mouth)...and she finds out that I'm going out with DL again and she just immediately starts making fun of me, by comparing me to all these "ugly" girls and ugh...I wanted to slap her. Luckily for her and me, I didn't and I just told her to stop...but she didn't. So there she was and she kept making fun of me saying "You and DL...that's so..." and my friend and hers stepped in and said "stop it" and she still wouldn't stop. So I turned to my other group of friends and told them to beat her up. They didn't do it...but they listened to this same vent I am giving you right now. The thing about this is...it was not the fact that she was laughing about me and DL that made me mad. It was the fact that she was comparing me to other girls who are named "ugly". I just wish she would step out of my life and mind her own damn business. It would certainly do the world a whole lot of good...much less keep a smile on my face during the times where I usually don't have a smile.
  • You can't let things like this get to you....and if it does you can't let "them" know that it does or they'll never leave you alone. People like that get their kicks out of watching others suffer and if you show them that they're getting to you then they will keep doing it and it'll keep getting worse and worse. Whereas if you ignored them then they'd get bored of getting nothing and would eventually leave you alone. I'm pretty sure that at one point in my life i had trouble with people like this, as i'm sure that most people have. If you need to talk about it remember that Dr. Bill is in session....about 6 hours a day(your day that is)...
  • Hang in there, Red. It takes some people longer to grow up.

My rant is not a big one, but one I think is worth sharing (hence this post) :P

New Members:

Read the rules regarding these forums, and follow them, and all will be well.
    DO NOT show off your stupidity by revealing that you already had plenty of responses to your lame-ass questions before you posted them, yet feel that we are stupid for not answering.

The world is full of stupidity, and we're trying to keep it to a minimum here, so go where your kind is common.
  • Wanna know what burns me up.....especially this time of year......chairities; you know, like the Salvation Army "Bell Ringers" and the like.

Not so much for what they are doing, but for who they help on a continual basis. At one time, many of these organizations helped those who were in financial straights or hardships, which is fine. But now it's as if any scumbag with a lifelong drug or alcohol addiction can put out thier hand and be considered a "charitable cause".

Since when is a unemployed drug addict/alcoholic with malnourished children and a state/government check mailed to them considered "unfortunate"?

Sadly it is the children of these loosers who should benifit from such causes, but the sad reality is that they don't....the same drug laced parents who willingly placed thier children in these precarious situations are the ones who benifit from the pennies and dollars that many organizations collect.

Every year at this time, there are always human interest stories on the news about this family that needs help, or this family that is in need......and the media does a pretty convincing job of portryaing that on-air. BUT, have you ever seen a actual Salvation Army "shelter"? It is not full of the same "out-of-luck" families that the media splatters all over the nightly news. What it is full of is alcoholics who have used up thier months' state-sponsored checks, and mindless drug addicts.

The sentiment is nice, but as for me, I see the big red kettles as just another way for my hard-earned money to go to a bunch of loosers!
  • Well my rant runs along a similar line to WB's, but with a twist!
    For a couple of weeks (on and off) I have been getting abusive emails from a member of this site, in regards to the joke fest competition!!!!
    Seems he finds offense in the fact that my joke's are not original. Oh really???? You don't say??? Fancy that, huh! I will not dispute this fact. No I can not claim to be the author of said humour......but I'm pretty darn sure I never did!! :angry:
    I have asked the poor creature, to kindly refrain from bothering me with any future correspondance. But alas, I doth fear I was unable to convey this effectivily ;) , as yet another message arrived this morning. Naturally it was deleted unopened.....have far better reading material at hand then to subject myself to more of this member's effluent!
    I realize there is little that staff/mod or fellow member's can offer in the way of aid, to my wee problem. And nor do I expect it....am a big girl and can handle myself.

I am sad that this has come to pass, as it has to a small degree taken some of the shine off my recent visit's to this site. As I have really enjoyed posting and corresponding with the fine people here at APi!

Phew....that feels a little better. Thankyou for letting me get that off my chest!
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Dec 19 2002, 04:12 PM
    [b]I
  • I whole heartedly agree with Steve and Lu!!! There is no way no how we will put up with this nonsense!!!!! :angry: There are things that we can do here to keep such riff-raff out of this site, but there are also things that you can do if you ever receive such garbage again..... Bid, did you notify your server of the abusive email? I know of one server who has a notification option, and I'd bet money there are others out there too! Let them know what you are receiving and from whom!

LOOK OUT YOU WHO WOULD PULL SUCH GARBAGE, WE ARE WATCHING!!!

Now, I'd like to add something a bit off the subject here, if ya'll don't mind. This goes back a bit to the 'telemarketers' thing. I read this in one of my regular emailings (so I am NOT taking credit for it!!) and wanted to share it here! These are some funny ideas of things to do with those pesky telemarketers!

Telemarketing come-backs:

1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed forbankruptcy and you could sure use some money. Ask, "How long can I keep it? Do I have to ever pay it back, or is it like the other money I borrowed before my bankruptcy?"

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Or you can say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one seems to care these days and I have all these problems, my sciatica is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog justdied...." When they try to get back to the sales process, just continue on with telling about your problems.

3. If the person says he's Joe Doe from the XYZ Company, ask him to spell his name, then ask him to spell the company name, then ask where it is located. Continue asking personal questions or questions about the company for as long as necessary.

4. This one works better if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with Canter and Siegel services.... You: "Hang on a second." (few seconds pause) "Okay, (in a really husky voice) what are you wearing?"

5. Crying out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure andsurprise, "Judy!! Is this really you? I can't believe it! Judy, how have you BEEN?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where the heck she could know you from.

6. Say, "No," over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each no, and keep an even tempo even as they're trying to speak. This is the most fun if you can keep going until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and Friends plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can muster, "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"

8. If they clean rugs: "Can you get blood out, you can? Well,how about goat blood or HUMAN blood - chicken blood too?"

9. Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but necessary feedback in the form of an occasional "Uh-huh, really, or, "That's fascinating." Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them to marry you. They get all flustered, but just tell them you couldn't give your credit card number to someone who's a complete stranger.

10. Tell them you work for the same company they work for. Example: Telemarketer: "This is Bill from Watertronics." You: "Watertronics!! Hey I work for them too. Where are you calling from?" Telemarketer: "Uh, Dallas, Texas." You: "Great, they have a group there too? How's business/the weather? Too bad the company has a policy against selling to employees! Oh well, see ya."

I thought these were funny and wanted to share them with ya'll for the next time you get any of those pesky calls!

CHEERS! :lol:
  • Well actually Speedie, at my friends house whenever a telemarketer calls her and I will pick up the phone and sing "It's a Small World" at them(a very bad offkey version)...and then if they call back we ask if they have Ryssy...and if they don't we just groan out loudly and scream at them and yell and stuff..and then usually they're gone. However, one time the same telemarketer called back and asked if we needed an ambulance and we said "No". I don't think my friend will be getting calls from that same telemarketer ever again.

Now, my rant of the day is broken promises.

Yesterday was one of the most important days of the year for me. It was the last "Christmas" like gathering that I had and it was with my drama group which makes it all the more fun. We were supposed to all meet at the building at one o clock in the afternoon and tons of people were missing who had said before that they would come. So I called two people, both had forgotten and one had promised they would come later(due to the fact that he had no car to drive over there and no one was home). Now, after about an hour of waiting for him at the building the group decided to go to Camelot Pizza and Mini Golf(where we were intending to go) and so this person said that he would meet us at Camelot. Well, time came where we had to leave Camelot and three or four hours had gone by. So, I called this person again and got ahold of his mom and she said he wasn't home and I asked if he was coming to the gathering and she said a plain flat out no. So, there was two logical option in my thought process here, either he got in trouble or he completely abbliterated his promise he had made and left to go make out with his frigging girlfriend. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's wrong that he went to his girlfriend's to be with her. I am just a little perturbed at the fact that he promised he would come and then he didn't come at all. Also, him and I were going to play each other at DDR in the arcade, (he also promised to do this) but since he wasn't there I couldn't play DDR against a worthy challenger :angry: . I was either playing by myself or against two just learning people.

I just wish he would have tried a little bit harder and done things the way they were intended to be done.
  • I'm just really bugged by people riding elevators and using the automatic door opener even though they aren't handicapped or in any other way incapable of using stairs or their own force to open the door.
    I know it's a silly thing to get all worked up over but if they knew what an enourmus waste of energy it is then they wouldn't do it.
    And while I'm at it I might as well give a kick in the a*s to all idi*ts leaving their cars running while off doing something else (probably robbing banks, I can't think of an other reason for leaving your car running for 30 minutes).
    Last week I saw the worst one of all. A cab driver pulled up to the entrance (the handicap zone) got out of the car with a woman and a young boy (who apearantly were his wife and child) left the car running and walked into the store and started shopping (I know cus I was following him). When I got tired of stalking and realized I stil havn't got the guts to tell him what an idi*t he was I left the place, and when I walked by 30 minutes later the cab still stood there spewing out a gray cloud wich went straight into the store via the air vents.

I swear, some day I'm gonna steal one of those cars and drive it to the other side of the parking lot and leave a window open.

• MEN!!!!!!!! :angry:

I admit, I have a problem, but it's one that I have no control over....... that I know of. I make lots of noise when I sleep. Not snoring, mind, but moaning. Hubby says it sounds like $ex noises, but I'm not lucky enough to be plagued by 'those' sorts of dreams, so it's not dream related.

Well, I went to bed early last night as I was bone-weary-knocked-on-my-butt TIRED!!! Last thing he said to me as I was on my way out of the living room down the hall to the bedroom was, "SO PATHETIC!!" Ya know, that is such a rude and thoughtless thing to say!!!!!!! I don't go calling him names when he falls asleep on the couch 4 nights in a row at 9:00!!!! I just wake him with kisses and drag his lazy worthless carcass off to bed!!! But noooooooooooooo, I'm not allowed to go to bed early........ and I didn't even fall asleep on the couch so that he'd have to worry about draggin' me away, I was in bed, he didn't have to worry about a thing!!!!!! But that's not ok I guess!?!?! Then, at 3:00 AM, he comes in, having to turn on the light at full blast, ('cause he's an idiot and after 8 years he has NO IDEA where the bed is!!!)..... then, at 4:00 he's KICKING me saying 'SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! really loudly!!! Well, now I'm awake, thank you very little!!!!!! :angry: He has no idea how RUDE I could be to him with all his snoring, but he has the NERVE to get angry at me for all the noise I make!?!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I have any control over it,
    I'M UNCONSCIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, obviously this morning has started out completely $HITTY because he's so mean and rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, as he leaves for work (for which I have STILL made his lunch and coffee no less)..... he tells me "You'd better straighten out woman!!"

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
  • "24 hour replacement on mobile phones"

you have all seen it - and i am paying for the insurance - so here we go...

Friday afternoon my motorola got knocked off a coffee table, fell all of 2 feet on to a carpet covered floor and promptly broke - recharger socket fell out of it.

i phones up looking for my 24 hour replacement - to be told no problem, it will be at your house between 9am and 1pm on Saturday. But we have no motorolas in stock so we will send you an ericsson. OK. fair enough, new phone in the morning, will do me (i used the phone quite a bit) however i need to change the sim card etc etc - so all my numbers will be lost, and my car charger and hands free are now useless :(

however this is monday evening and i am still waiting on my 24 hour delivery phone. i have just called the service and have been told that it should be delivered to my work on wednesday between 9 & 1. Now i take that to mean about 4.30 should the goddamn thing show up at all

24 hour replacement my ar$e!!! :angry:

Maybe they should advertise it as "Sometime, Maybe Phone Replacement" :blink:
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Feb 3 2003, 10:45 AM
    Knowing full well that my account details had [b]not changed in the slightest I was beginning to get pi$$ed off with this bird whose only argument seemed to be [i]that
  • I guess my rant would have to be TAXI DRIVERS. Geeze what do these guys think they are GODs of the road? How many times have you had a bonehead cab driver cut you off and then "flip you the bird" as if you where at fault?

I rrreeeaaallllyyy get off when I see cops pull over these a$$hole$ and give them tickects.

I also have a message to these yo-yo's:

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S ON THE f@*^KING ROADS, so learn how to share the road and STOP these bonehead moves :angry: and STOP trying to race people off the the lights I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE IF YOU GET YOUR FARE. I'm only interested in getting to my destination in one piece.

Fewh...Sorry I needed to vent as you can tell they really get under my skin.
  • I am getting sick and tired of people asking...

"How is the baby?"

We gave the baby a name so we would have to call him the baby for the rest of his life.

Don't get me wrong I am flattered that people are asking but if you care enough to ask how Zach is doing then at least have the common courtesy to remember his name. I swear if one more person asks me how the baby is doing, I'm going to snap.

I know what your thinking, don't try it. I can start a real War of Words before the Avatar Awards start. :angry:
  • Well, it's a good thing you added that last part as you knew exactly what i was going to do.....Took away all my fun. So how is the..... errrr....Zach doing? Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Great, eatin' lots, sleeping about 6 hours during the night and handsome as ever. Everyone knows that he got his looks from me. ;)
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Feb 6 2003, 05:26 PM
    handsome as ever. Everyone knows that he got his looks from me. ;)

heh heh heh, that's not what ZACH'S Mother tells us!!

Here's a good one for ya!!

We recently were in need of a new Ultimate TV system, as the old one decided to quit recording. (microsuk BL0WS!!!) Well, they were kind enough to send us a new one pretty promptly,........ with an OLD OUTDATED access card in it!!!!! We had to call to get a new one. If any of you have a TIVO or any such tv device, you know that they make you promise to give them all your children in the event that you don't actually SIGN UP for their service. DUH!! No, I don't want the service, I just wanted a really big expensive door stop!! Well, we got the new access card and all has been well......... UNTIL we got a call the other day saying that we are in breach of contract, we never activated our account, and our credit card is gonna be billed. They didn't say how much!!!!!! The idiots were going by the information from the outdated/obsolete card!!!!!!!
    We got the credit card bill meanwhile, and you know how much we were charged!?!?!? OVER $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

WILL YOU PEOPLE PLLEEEEEEEEASE PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND DO YOUR JOB!?!?!? I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO MINE AND YOURS BOTH!!!!!!!! :angry:
  • I hate it when there is comercials on T.V. too much,These are all esimates. Sometimes when I watch a show, it will start with comercials for about 2 minutes, then the show will go on for about 5 minutes, then comercials for another 2 minutes, then the show stays on for 15 minutes, then there is comercials for 4 minutes then a different show, I don't like comercials that much. Do you dislike them? I think they are a waste of time, they could show allot more shows if they had less comercials. Once, I saw the same MacDonalds comercial 3 times right in a row, I know they advertise but I think they are just annoying, what do you think?
  • I can't stand ad breaks, but unfortunatley TV companies rake in s*#t loads of cash for having them, so
    the day will never come when they're abolished. I just hope abc & sbs don't start using them.
  • i don't mind commercials, sometimes they can be more entertaining then waht is on TV. Beside if there is no commercials when will have time to make sandwich. :lol:

Wartoad
  • It's a mixed-bag for me. I too get miffed when I settle down to watch a programe that's inundated with commercials, but then again, sometimes I'm actually pleased to see them, for no other reason then a chance to take a 'nature break', or slap the jug (pot/kettle?) on.
  • I totally agree with you tony, there are far to many breaks on TV. I especially hate it when you are watching a movie and they take a break for half and hour so they can show the news :(

The worst advert break over here in the UK is on SkyOne, there is a break every 10-12 minutes and it's abit of a pain when im watching 'Fear Factor' because they take a break in the middle of a stunt :angry:

It's good to watch movies on the Sky/Cable movie channels because these channels are sensible and don't have breaks :D
  • Most adverts suck. Here in the UK during the day time half the adverts are for insurance and

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion