Vice City - Fun Things To Do
  • Never have i had so much fun playing a single player game! Being a teenager in the mid 80's the retro soundtrack is just fantastic and definitely adds something to the game for me that perhaps some younger people may not fully appreciate
  • This game is awesome! I can't believe that I have the best game that you can by for PS2 not that I really care about being the best it's playing the best.

Anyways, some fun things that I do is, I go to the malibu club. kill the two gaurd guys outside I go inside kill everyone with an m16, then I go over to the lady behind the bar and kill her (because she is the one with the shot gun) then kill the other guy standing next to her. I then go upstairs kill the guy up there then wait for the cops to come. Once they come I let them blow off a couple rounds at me, then the real fun starts.

I wip out my grenades and start lobbing them through the window inside the club (make sure you get it through the window, or else you kill your self). Then it's all of matter of time ti'll you want to get out and cause more mayhem.

Once I get out I usually try to find some sort of 2 wheels transportation, I don't care if it's a scooter, a street bike, or a chopper. I get one I cruise around a bit at full speed until I slam into a car or some none moving object (tree usually :huh: ) fly off the bike then cause more mayhem.

Once I put in a code where all the chicks follow you and start crowding around you. I put the code in they swarmed me so I kill them all and as I was leaving on my motorcycle one of them hopped on my bike I was like, what the :o . Then even if I flew off she would still get back on. So I got tired of her, and killed her :)

Those are just some of my adventures... it would of been longer but I pressed refresh by accident and had to type what I had left in my brain over.
  • Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Nov 21 2002, 12:50 PM
    By now you will probably be on 6 starts.

Oh my god, Gid! You made a typo! Never before have I seen such blatant disregard for perfection such as this! Now that I have this to use against you in War of Words[/b] starts.

Anyway onto the subject at hand. When I had the game here (rented it for three days last weekend) I liked finding a nice hiding spot and picking off pedestrians with my trusty sniper rifle. With a good hiding spot you don't have to worry about the cops. Yes I did cheat, but when I get the game for X-mas I will start over without using cheats.
  • Another thing which I like to do is to pretend that one of the pedestrians is Rex, you know, one of the little b!tches that squeals when you point your gun at them. Then I take a heavy vehicle, maybe a Rhino or something else big and I like to squash them dead against a wall. Then I like to back off, get out and run to their dead squishy corpse and jump up and down.

When I
  • :( :( I need to get my PS2 back so i can play this game...

Gideon that thing with the chainsaw sounds really cool, do u actually get the mask??? And i guess u have to be a maniac to get the most out ocf this game :D
  • The mission where u have to drive the rock stars to the gig is superb. U gotta keep ur foot to the floor or the car blows!!! Just like in the movie SPEED!! The comments that Love Fist make while u r tryin to drive are hilarious. :lol: 'Arrrrggghhh the Vodka is a bomb!!, We r all gunee die :lol:

Fun things to do? How about:-

*Watchin ur own personal stripper in the back rooms of the strip club!(when u have bought it that is!)
    *Goin to the Airport on a SWEEEEEEEEET PCJ 600 n pullin real long wheelies n stoppies and pulling a wheelie lust as u hit a ramp, gives ya more height n distance on ur jumps!!
    *Tryin to 2 wheel vans n landstalkers for as long as possible.
  • I was doing an early mission for the cubans or hatian called "Stunt Boat Challenge". First try on one of the big jumps I did half a barrel roll causing me to land upside down, doing so caused Rico to drown and failed my mission. As I sat there boat half submerged with the hull barely poking out I figured i was dead meat but looking at my life I noticed it wasnt counting down. So there I was driving around an upside down boat which of course looked very strange, I couldnt get it to flip back over so eventually I tried to run it up on the beach but it drowned me as soon as I was about to get it out of the water.

I havnt been able to roll another boat and drive it upside down again I just drown has anyone else pulled this off? My pet peeve with Vice why can I not swim? Try to jack a boat out in the water miss the boat to boat jump you drown with your hand resting on the edge of your boat like I coudnt pull myself in. Running cars off the warf bailing last minute but I roll into the water, since I am barely over my head and not more that 10 feet from shore I would like to not be dead, its not like swimming is a hard thing to do. When the cops are chasing your boat and it catches fire I want to be able to jump ship and swim and have the police choppers shooting me as I swim for shore, and of course you would lose your weapons when you swim cause of the weight ( not that I can carry all that on land anyway).
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Nov 22 2002, 10:18 PM
    [b]When I
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Nov 21 2002, 05:50 PM
    [b]IS FUN! j/k

-Im almost done wiht GTA Vice and I cannot say i havent used a code or two. I only used it for health and armor. Never any car spawns are crappy stuff like that.
  • For a fun thing to do in Vice, I like to ditch the land and take to the seas!

I'll be driving around in my boat and another boat will come around, jump from boat to boat in true movie style, and the owner will go crazy and drive all over the place, except for one who jumped off the boat and killed himself, hehe, and there we have it, a brand new boat!

Other than that I like to fly under the tunnels at the airport with a chopper and lean over and slice people with my blades, oh how fun.

And the there's the bloodthirsty killing sprees but I'll save that story for another time.
  • Sorry Steve.....I really enjoy playing vice city and the cheats are like a bonus for me .

Worf
  • lol, good one Steve, that made me laugh, preyend that they are rex.
    I do all of them things and I lasted for 3 hours today while just blowing up cars and stuff,
    of coarse I cheated allot but still, I didn't loose, I turned the game off.
    This is one of the best games that I played in a while, I love it. Lol, Rex.
  • what i like to do is to put innn the gun cheat and take a pcj 600 and drive really fast on a runway (or road) and slam on the vrakes and do a stoppie and at the same time that i'm doing a front whillie shoot the gun untill i stop!
  • I found a good way to pull some of the store hiests.

Get your Maverick (or any helicopter) fly to one of the stores. Land the chopper outside (obviously, duh) and run inside. Hold the guy up behind the counter and wait for your wanted level to go up to three stars. Then run outside and hopped back in the Maverick. Then fly back to your Hyman condo and change your clothes (using the icon on the roof) and voila! Wanted level gone! Now get back in the chopper again and go to the next store!

One thing that was really funny was after I got the chopper going and was taking off, I put it back down right on the cop car. Smashed the hell out of it too! Mwuhahaha!!! :angry:
  • I know this is using a cheat, but something I find fun is use the cheat to bring forth a tank. Get in. Use the cheat to cause cars to float and go down to the ocean and "patrol" the cities.
  • To add to the chopper idea is to use the chopper whenever possible while doing missions.

It is so-o-o much easier if you can land the chopper on a roof and complete the mission from there.

example: Martha's Mug Shot; landing the chopper on the hotel across from your targets is extremely easy after you get the pictures you don't have much to worry about with you 5 star wanted level. The police chopper typically has horrible aim. All you need to do is get in and fly back to the film studio. No worries from the ground. B)

But don't forget that the chopper's take quite a while to get warmed up. So if your going to use this tip then take note of where you land and try to eliminate any threats of you getting pulled out or busted.

Also to Kenny, I am rather surprised that you are playing GTA: Vice City. Go get'm mafia girl!
  • I found out that you are accually able to fire through the windows in your hotel room. And with the constant supply of sniper rifles (if you found that many h-packs) I was able to stay as long as I wanted, watching, waiting. :D
    When the cops do turn up they tend to hide close to the wall, but once in a while some copper feels the need to go for a strall to the trees by the beach (watching that is pretty funny without blowing his head off).

With the sniper riflel you are also able to look at the picks you got from Candy, up close.
    They are locaded in the manision I think.

Another fun thing to do is to just go down to the pier at the lighthouse and kick people into the water.

• I like to blow cops heads off with the sniper rifle. Ramp one of the bikes. Go to the mall and start kill all the people in there. I all so like to walk around and kill people with the sword you can get:ph34r:
  • You can catch policemen and car in your garages!
    Drive in, wait for them to barge in and the run or drive out of there so that the doors shut.
    I've only managed to catch some vigilantes in the pay and spray at sunshine autos so far. :D
  • Want to die honourably? grab yourself a bike then go to vice point river, rag it up to the ramp then launch into the air, whilst airborn press the triangle button to do a goastie (jump off the bike) and watch the sweet blue water swallow you up.

Or if your looking for something a bit more explosive pop down to 8balls garage and your car fitted with a bomb, return to vice point river go off the ramp then press the circle button and watch yourself blow up into sweet, sweet smitherines.
  • After a few beers & watching Jackass & Dirty Sanchez on MTV I love to pop over to Vice City Country Club & get a few rounds on the golf course. Yeah! a few rounds with the sniper rifle & grab a golf buggy & playout the Scene from the Jackass film with golf buggy & see what sick stunt score I can get. Try the 13 hole left hand bunker, just watch out for the water! glug, glug, glug! :D

Try this one,

grab a bike head over to the construction site where there's a girder right at the very top that pokes over the river. Don't try & rev up & jump over the river, go full speed up it (mind the little kink in it) & pull a 180 endo skidding stop & try & get the back wheel right on the edge of the girder without toppling over
  • i like taking out helicopters with one shot from an assault rifle. Aim for a head shot on the pilot and down they go.

i also like doing Unique Jumps with the Coach or a Firetruck. Obviously they can't all be done with a bus, but seeing them flying through the air in slow motion is so cool...

a fun way to make some extra cash at the beginning of the game, get some body armor, grab a shotgun from a police car and head to the North Point Mall. There are five stores you can knock off for up to 1,000 each time, as long as you manage to avoid the cops and don't kill the shop owners you can rob them over and over. i get around 15,000 and my wanted level never goes above three stars.

did you know the Pay 'N Spray is free if you don't have a wanted level and your car isn't banged up?
  • Try this one

Appartment 3a - its somewhere between your first save point and the helterskelter tower, upstairs on a two floor appartment block

you walk into the bathroom and the place is a mess of blood on the floor and walls

well i get a fancy car, pick up a couple of hookers and head back to 3a - then they follow me in to the house and into the bathroom where the ole chainsaw gets whipped out for the obvious reinactment ;)
  • I found a way to get the tank easily without cheats! (but its a huge drain on your money and time)

First get alot of M4 ammo (or Ruger) and sniper (doesn't matter which one) and be sure to grab some rockets. Head to the top of Vercetti's Mansion and pick off all those guys that appear around it. Cops help, but tend to stink when they are on the move. Keep on plugging until you have 6 stars. Wait until the tanks appear and when you clear up some cops and Feds and go in your copter and head into a yard or park it in the street far away from the tanks. Take out those pesky troops in trucks if you have time and when the guy gets out of the tank, grab it and make a run for your garage. Park it in and head upstairs to save. Load the save and presto! No stars and a tank! Makes those mission really easy when fir power is needed! You can try it again at the Hyman mansion for the tanks across the map!

Have Fun Gaming! Don't Drink & Game!
  • EvilAaron said:
    I was doing an early mission for the cubans or hatian called "Stunt Boat Challenge". First try on one of the big jumps I did half a barrel roll causing me to land upside down, doing so caused Rico to drown and failed my mission. As I sat there boat half submerged with the hull barely poking out I figured i was dead meat but looking at my life I noticed it wasnt counting down. So there I was driving around an upside down boat which of course looked very strange, I couldnt get it to flip back over so eventually I tried to run it up on the beach but it drowned me as soon as I was about to get it out of the water.

I havnt been able to roll another boat and drive it upside down again I just drown has anyone else pulled this off? My pet peeve with Vice why can I not swim? Try to jack a boat out in the water miss the boat to boat jump you drown with your hand resting on the edge of your boat like I coudnt pull myself in. Running cars off the warf bailing last minute but I roll into the water, since I am barely over my head and not more that 10 feet from shore I would like to not be dead, its not like swimming is a hard thing to do. When the cops are chasing your boat and it catches fire I want to be able to jump ship and swim and have the police choppers shooting me as I swim for shore, and of course you would lose your weapons when you swim cause of the weight ( not that I can carry all that on land anyway).

I did this once. I did a barrel roll whilst on that mission. The boat flipped, and so I was driving upside down, without dying. Rico, however, did die. But when I stopped, I started drowning.

I haven't been able to flip it again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion