• I just beat GTA: VC. That game was great! If you seen Scarface and loved it you would love the game Vice City, and if you played the game beat it and loved it you would love the movie Scarface.
    Well anyways, I like Both GTA 3, & VC, but I think they could use some improvements. Plus, the reason why I brought this topic up is because I heard on GI(Game Informer) that a new GTA was coming(I dont know if it is true).
    Here are the suggestions..

1. MAKE SURE ALL BUGS ARE FIXED BEFORE RELEASING THE GAME!!

2.Make helicopters handle better

3.More gangs(not that many in Vice City)

4.More military stuff, I loved the Hunter and tank. I think they should go for gets now, such as harriers! Plus they should have put a lock-on feature on the hunter!

5. Have the Game take place in Liberty city. Maybe like five or ten years after GTA3 so the city wont be totally the same(the city would have changed in time). Plus Vice City was small.

6. It is kind of annoying that the character doesnot know how to swim!
    Give the character some swiming lessons! Plus, give the player time to get out of the car before life runs out if the player accidently drives into water! There should at least be a limted distance to where the character can swim, or have a "swim to shore before the shark grabs you!" type of thing.

7. Helicopters should not blow up when they hit a building with their propellers. They should have the propellers grind down causing the chopper to fall spinning towards the ground, then explode!

8. It would be a neat feature if cops had police dogs!

9. The military should also fly Hunters! It would be cool if you can have a dog fight with another hunter!

10. And I think the biggest gangs on the the city should be the Diablos and the mexican Mafia! The character could also be black mexican this time! Or it should have the character from GTA3 (but this time with a voice), or even the character from the first GTA!

Well that is what I have. Anybody else have suggestions? B)
  • Tell all that stuff to the programmers who made Vice and III and see if they dont pounce on you and give you the beating of a lifetime!! :D Its nice to add things and say what improvements it needs when you dont make the game. Adding all those things in means more time which means the game will be released much later. Especially since there are 3 rival console companies itching to get games out quick it is pretty hard to have to wait and wait to put new stuff in. When the PS3 comes out then your stuff can be added in :D
  • Lets address some of these issues of yours then...

1. MAKE SURE ALL BUGS ARE FIXED BEFORE RELEASING THE GAME!!
    I will never see in my lifetime a game that is bug free. Every game has bugs. Accept it. I really have only encountered one bug, being trapped in a building that did not have an exit/entrance.

2.Make helicopters handle better
    I have not flown all the helicopters yet but the ones I have flown I have found that they handle quite well, pretty much the way I would have expected.

3.More gangs(not that many in Vice City)
    More gangs means more territory for them and less for you. I think three gangs is quite enough for a city the size of Vice City.

4.More military stuff, I loved the Hunter and tank. I think they should go for gets now, such as harriers! Plus they should have put a lock-on feature on the hunter!
    If you think that the helicopters are hard to fly then you don't want to fly the most difficult jet to fly... the harrier.

Correct me if I am wrong but does the Hunter not have a machine gun and rockets? With those weapons has they wouldn't have a lock-on option.

6. It is kind of annoying that the character doesnot know how to swim!
    I have to agree with that one. Anybody in the Mafia should learn how to swim. ;)

7. Helicopters should not blow up when they hit a building with their propellers. They should have the propellers grind down causing the chopper to fall spinning towards the ground, then explode!
    I have never had a helicopter explode instantly when it hits a building.

I think that GTA: Vice City is an A+ title... is there room for improvement? Yes. Will we see it in the next instalment? Most definitely.
  • I for one would like it if you were able to knock down a rollergirl and steal her skates :lol:
  • Since the next installment will be Sin City i will expect to see some gambling. For now i'm moving this into the Gaming forum. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I think it is pretty good the way it is, and I never had a copter blow up when it hit the wall either. I do think that they should work out all the bugs. It would be pretty cool to have some mini gambling games to make some extra cash. I think they should have more weapons, even though they allready have allot in Vice and #3. I also think there should be a more variety of cars. Other than that, I think that the game is perfect.
  • Originally posted by El Perro Loco@Feb 12 2003, 05:31 PM
    5. Have the Game take place in Liberty city. Maybe like five or ten years after GTA3 so the city wont be totally the same(the city would have changed in time). Plus Vice City was small.

GTA4 will be back in Liberty City but just to let you know, Vice City was at least twice as big as Liberty. It may have only had two sections but trust me(and the developers for that matter) Vice is easily the bigger of the cities. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by madhtr@Feb 13 2003, 09:48 PM
    [b]"Since the next installment will be Sin City"

The word vice means sin. so vice city is actually Sin City.
  • Rockstar recently named their next two GTA games in progress and the one scheduled out for October 2003 release was GTA: Sin City and the one they have planned for 2004 is GTA4 which would take you back to Liberty City probably using the same character but hopefully with a voice this time. No official word on gameplay or characters in either of these games has been announced yet but you can be assured that we'll be one of the first places to post about it. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Did they say anyhting about being online? Now that would be a cool addition.
  • I just thought of this one tonight while playing.

What if we could have access to the trunks of the cars? We could put bodies in there to dump later or kidnap people and stuff'm in the trunk. This would save spilling blood on the streets and just drive the car off the docks at the boatyard.

I think another nice little addition (or subtraction in this case) would be to eliminate the number of weapons we could carry. I mean carrying around a chainsaw, .357 Magnum, Spaz shotgun, MP5, M4, a minigun and a PSG-1 would get a little cumbersome.

If we had access to the trunks of the cars we could have a stash them in there and get them as we need them!
  • Another would be police dogs!!
    Plus they should have very high sky scrapers!
    They should have a helicopter that carries stuff. For example, if you land on a car you can carry it! Plus they should let the helicopters fly higher!!
  • Another thing that I have thought of that would be great is the ability to replay any mission in the game after you have finished it.

Just imagine being able to use the Hunter for some of those more difficult missions.