The Forum Upgrades
  • I think the upgrades look great, everything looks 'professional' now. Not that things didn't before, just one step towards perfection. Thanks a lot Jim, Lyndon and all the Mods who helped. I would name names but I don't know who helped. :huh: ;)

Now that we have had some time to get used to the 'new' Forum, what new features have you found?

I just found out that by clicking on the number of replies will open a window showing who has posted in that topic and the number of times they have posted in that topic. Cool! B)

Now you can save PM's until you want to send them! No more waiting 'til the right time to start typing up your PM's! Type them up anyway and save`em.

Like I said the site looks great. So what have you noticed? What are your favourite features of the 'new' Forum?

If I can suggest one thing I would like to suggest this... I would like to see the list of members in the Forum at the current time at the bottom of the main page. I am always curious who is in the Forum at the same time as me.
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Feb 14 2003, 08:39 PM
    If I can suggest one thing I would like to suggest this... I would like to see the list of members in the Forum at the current time at the bottom of the main page. I am always curious who is in the Forum at the same time as me.

Yes, that would be nice though the problem is that it slows down the server considerably. I also always liked the feature and you can actually still see this by looking at the main site as it has it located just above where you enter your login info.

So far the big changes i have seen have all been in the tools that us mods use to help keep the forums clean and easy to read, making our jobs much easier and leaving more room for us to be able to post and get you the news stories and release dates that you all deserve.

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting andh ave fun gaming.
  • Ok, forgot to mention the addition of the "My Assistant" box which is a nice addition. And no matter what page you're on.....there it is if you have something that you want to look at. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.

P.S. I have pinned this thread because we would like everyone's opinions on this matter and we can't do that if it gets knocked off the front page.....well, we can but you know what i mean.
  • Now we have the graphical upgrade to go with it, looks great! B)
  • Yeah the upgrade to the forum look-looks great, it's good to get away from the invision board default look.

I'm not to sure the the tweaking has finished yet so there might be a few more changes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :D
  • I am now unpinning this thread and we now have a forum suggestions thread pinned at the top of the page. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I think this look is nice...but I do miss the window that says what member is celebrating a birthday. Then I can high tail it to the birthday thread and say happy birthday...but without it...it's sort of...trial and error...I miss it.
  • Wow, the forums impress me again, with new style and cool new look. The graphics are fantastic, and everything is less cluttered than before.

The 'My Assistant' option may have been here before, but I thing that it's fantastic, and actually very useful and stuff!
    Good job B)
  • There still is an easy way to see if any members are having birthdays,red.Just head to the calendar link in the top right corner.It will show the entire month (with today highlighted with a bold border) and say how many (if any) members are celebrating.Just click that day to see who it is. :D All the credit for the new look goes to Jim-it was as much a surprise to me as it was to everyone else when I got here earlier today.
  • The new look, looks great. I'm really impressed :D I was wondering though how 'bout a spell checker for us less grammer inclined (sp?)?
  • Originally posted by Kaver@Feb 16 2003, 01:07 PM
    The new look, looks great. I'm really impressed :D I was wondering though how 'bout a spell checker for us less grammer inclined (sp?)?

Already have one Kav. To access it, just type "dictionary" into the address bar and hit ctrl-enter.

Online spell checkers aren't usually a good idea for multi national sites like this one.
  • Within the window that opens when you click "My Assistant" there is an option to show you your last ten posts.

This will be very handy for Steve so he can see what he has posted last night after the coming home from the pub. :wacko: ;)

EDIT: Also topic starters can now lock their topics.
  • Knowze. Thanks for the info that's going to be VERY useful. :ph34r: