What New Releases Are You Looking Forward To?
  • Just wondering what upcoming titles people are patiently (or impatiently) waiting for. Personally, I can't wait till Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven is released this spring. I loved the first Tenchu and didn't think the second one was too bad either. The enhanced gameplay and new third character should make it the best game in the series.

I am also looking forward to Splinter Cell for PS2. It will kick butt!
  • I'm looking forward to 3 games and they are....

Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness - i have all the other TR game so the next TR games is a kinda must have :)

Devil May Cry 2: playing the first one at the moment and loving it so i'm hoping the next installment is just as good :)

Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut: i have both other SH games and i would like this one. I don't know how similar this game is going to be to SH2 but i guess i'll just have to wait and see :)
  • The Director's Cut is basically the Restless Dreams Version from the Xbox which includes areas playable with Maria and added story because of this extra bit. I will just say one thing about DMC2, it had so much hope but it fell too far below expectations to make me happy enough with it. Never been a TR fan so not for me.

--------------------------

My games that i'm looking for is .hack//Infection(OWN), .hack//Mutation(May 6th), .hack//Outbreak(August), .hack//Quarantine(November), Xenosaga(OWN), Dark Cloud 2(OWN), Breath of Fire: DragonQuarter(OWN), Star Ocean: Till the End of Time(September), Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner(March 11th), Clock Tower 3(March 18th), Def Jam Vendetta(April 1st), GioGio's Bizarre Adventure(April 8th), Fear Effect Inferno(August), Final Fantasy X-2(November 3rd), and a couple others to give you the short list of the AAA titles that i am looking forward to playing.

--------------------------

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I can't wait for The Return of The King(Lord of The Rings)I think that will be a really excellent game if it is good as The Two Towers!
  • I think that Enter the Matrix looks pretty good, and also the game that is coming out about Gladiators, the name excapes me but i thought it sounded pretty cool.
  • i also can't wait for tenchu 3 and ffx2 to come out. i have heard the 3rd character is going to be a doctor that only does missions for the good of man. his weapon will be his expetise with his hands, there going to have his stealth kills in x-ray as he hits pressure points and cracks bones. also the 2 player stealth kills is a new addition, but i guess u have to have 2 very experienced players to do this.
  • Are you talking about Gladius by Lucasarts, stonewall?
  • My list as of right now (starting from most anticipated):

TENCHU 3: Wrath of heaven
    Devil May Cry 2
    Ape Escape 2

Thats for March anyway, it's my birthday on the 9th, so I might get a couple of them then :D
  • :ph34r: yeah, my list is all of the dot hacks (i just beat the first one last night, FFX-2, stuff like that. Ican't wait!
  • Well, I'm looking forward mostly to the .hack games, should be going to pick up the first one, infection, tomorrow, I HOPE.

Later all,
    Darkraider
  • i'm looking forward to final fantasy X the 2nd one (due to the fact that i'm a final fantasy freak), and .hack//MUTATION (beaten the first one in just 6 days!) :blink:
  • Splinter cell
    Tenchu 3
    Enter the Matrix
    Red Dead Revolver
    True crime: Streets of LA
    Fear effect : Inferno
    Judge Dread vs Judge Death

I
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and I think that I am gonna rent Splinter Cell and make my decision after that.

I never put much thought into my future game purchases.
  • im waiting for silent hill 3, the rest of .hack, colin macrea rally 3, clock tower 3, FFX-2, and any good games that come along.
  • New tenchu game
    when i pick up a copy of xenosaga
    and also .hack//infection and the reast of that series, same with the rest of the series for xenosaga.
    ummmm..... I guess Tekken 5
    :P
    FFX-2
    any new GTA game
    any new MGS game

any new game that is really good... :blink:
  • I have a couple more titles to throw into the mix and i updated my first post of what i wanted to show correct release dates.

Unlimited SaGa - July 1st
    Final Fantasy Origins - April 8th(I probably won't ever play the games though.....)
    Chrono 3 - 2004
    Dragon Warrior VIII - 2004
    FFXI - November(but probably early 2004)
    FFXII - 2004

That's to add a couple that i'm not sure of the dates yet....Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • all of the .hack series, beat the first one and i still cant enough of it i just keep playing and keep leveling I love it.
  • I rented MGS2: Substance today and after about 2 hours worth of playing I must say that I am not too overly impressed with it. I am glad that I rented it though. I guess my sixth sense was off a little bit.

I am going to give it another go tomorrow, we'll see what happens then. :unsure:
  • So the extras aren't worth $40 ehhh? I almost bought it the first week because it was on sale for $30 but then i forgot about it......but unless it drops to $20 i doubt i'll pick it up. Especially considering i gave away my first copy(Hope you're enjoying it Chris!). Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • True Crime: Streets of L.A.

I just read a preview of it and it sounds like it will be a solid A+ title! From the way it sounds it will be a good mix of GTA, Max Payne and Dead to Rights.

Quite a wait though... September `03. :(
  • Yeah, the good folks at Activision are taking to the streets of LA, in which you can actually go by the same convention center that E3 is held(pointless info) and a huge chunk of LA. This title which is actually scheduled for September 9th is planned to include licensed cars but that may change(details at E3). Supposedly it's less free-roaming as gta but moreso than the Getaway was. This title is actually supposed to be good and you no need to worry about Getaway Syndrome as this title isn't going to be that hyped, won't take as long, and Activision has done well to keep details pretty quiet. This title looks good but i guess we'll see when released. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • This title which is actually scheduled for September 9th is planned to include licensed cars but that may change(details at E3). [/b]

Pretty much guaranteed that Ferrari and Mercedes Benz will be in the game as there are screen shots of those cars.

One thing that I would like is to state my point of view on this game. I love GTA: Vice City, I love everything about it. The freedom to do whatever you want. But it still feels like it should be in the arcade genre. Psst Mad, you were right. Looking up info on up coming games is actually interesting. :)
  • The new FF games... :rolleyes:
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Mar 15 2003, 04:18 PM
    Psst Mad, you were right. Looking up info on up coming games is actually interesting. :)

It's about time you noticed this Rex. madhtr is always right.......except when he's not(and yes i am talking about myself in the 3rd person). Yeah, it's especially interesting if you find out about a sweet game that you think that you'll like. Well, i yhope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by madhtr+Mar 16 2003, 12:44 PM-->QUOTE(madhtr @ Mar 16 2003, 12:44 PM)
    [quote]<!--QuoteBegin-Rex77</i>
    @Mar 15 2003, 04:18 PM
    Psst Mad, you were right. Looking up info on up coming games is actually interesting. :)

madhtr is always right.......except when he's not[/b][/quote]
    I had to make a slight change to your statement Mad, just to make it more true. ;)
  • Gotta go with Angel Of Darkness, Soul Calibur 2, and Hot Shots Golf 4 if they even plan to make another.
  • Hot Shots Golf 4 is definitely being made-and this time should be including online play! B) At least that's how it is shaping up in Japan.

Other than that,others I am looking for in the PS2 lineup are Primal,Wolverine's Revenge and Ape Escape 2.
  • One problem there Lyn, Ape Escape 2 hasn't been picked up for North American release so you may need to go the import route. Primal is a pretty good game(Sony gave me a copy a few weeks back.....ahhh, the rewards for being me....) but it's really not my type. If only they had given me Ratchet & Clank or Dark Cloud 2(which i have since bought)...heh, heh. X2: Wolverine's Revenge does look like a good game from the screens but it's not an RPG(like the X-Men RPG in the works) so i probably won't get it. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Well one more time I think that I will put in Dot.Hack:Mutation as my fav thing that I haven't even seen yet want it to release c'uz I liked the first one too darn much!!! :lol: Anyways, other releases that I really look forward too are the PS2 Harddrive which has to come out before FF XI otherwise you can't play that game, FF XI itself, and then the rest of the Dot.Hack series as well!

-SS