Worst Thing You Ever Ate?
  • The worst thing that I ever ate was probably celery with cheese wiz on it. I know some people like it but even when I gave it to my dog, he didn't eat it. That is the only thing I never saw him eat! I probably ate something worse, but I can't think of any right now!
  • SNAIL's!! Couple of year's back, my partner and me went to a "Wild Food Festival", held on the coast. We just worked our way round the various stall's etc, nibbling on all sort's of thing's.......most of which I wouldn't of touched in a month of Sunday's. But since that was the whole idea, I stepped out of my comfort zone, and consumed most thing's on offer (greatly aided by the ever-present Beer tent!).
    It wasn't so much the flavour (these were done in a Garlic butter.), but the texture that made me spit it out! Yick, I still shudder at the thought :blink: .
  • Escargots... yummy! Obviously that is not the worst thing I have ate.

The worst two things I have had in my mouth (shut up Steve, I know what you were gonna say ;) ) would be antifreeze and transmission fluid.

Working in a wrecking yard you find yourself in all kinds of situations, working under cars happens a lot. I cut a line for a radiator and I guess I was directly under the line. Well a lot of coolant splashed down on me. Some got in my mouth, mmm... sweet. I don't recommend trying it.

For the tranny fluid it was pretty much the same thing except I wasn't cutting the line, when I got the fitting off and pulled the line out of the transmission it sprung towards me and I got tranny fluid in my mouth. Just enough to give you that 'felt-like-I-ate-sh*t-for-lunch' taste in your mouth.

I should have requested a mask after these two mistakes.
  • The worst thing ive eaten had to be Banana Nut Bread...I know some of you may say "Why Gene, that isnt horrible at all." Well it gave me some sort of virus where my stomach kept producing too much muccus and i eventually had to puke constantly. Im allergic to bananas so it shoudlnt be too hard to figure out.
  • You mean besides Mary Rotten-crotch? :blink: LOL

...ahem....seriously, I'd have to say hands-down it was pickled octopus. I tell ya', it almost concluded with projectile vomit!

...although, many years ago, I used to gut chickens on a commercial bird farm near my home. During the hot months, we would open the windows to let in fresh air, and inevitably some moron who was visiting the operation just couldn't resist stopping at the window, peering in, and remarking about how disgusting our jobs were...and that we must be kind'a "twisted" to want to do such a type of job.

Just to show these turds what disgusting actually was, we would quite often slice open the chicken, and pop its heart or liver into our mouths, chewing away happily.

To date we counted 19 people who threw up at the sight of this act, and 2 that fainted.

...to be young and dumb! :D
  • Boiled peas.

Peas are beautiful raw (unless they've grown too big & dry) and there are many ways to cook them that
    doesn't cause them to lose All their good flavours, but no, one day some moron decided take this tasty
    vegie & boil the goodness out of it, leaving balls of foul tasting mush. Just how it caught on, I don't
    know.
  • Originally posted by Lucifer@Mar 3 2003, 11:34 PM
    You mean besides Mary Rotten-crotch? :blink: LOL

That's Mary-Alice Rottencrotch there, Buddy. Figures that it would be you to beat me to the punch. Now I don't get to share my "barmaid with cheesy discharge" story. :lol:

ANYway, the foulest food known to this man is boiled okra. A fine little veggie in soups or fried, but when boiled is too much for me. Picture small, slimy, green, hairy carrots, and you're gettin' the image. Eating boiled okra is like swallowing big hairy snots. I tell ya, it's a man's work.

That, and head cheese. What's with that stuff anyway? It sure isn't cheese, though it may have head parts in it, I won't eat it knowingly*

* unless I'm hungry. :D
  • I'm sure the worst thing i've eaten was some form of cheese. Then there was the ham.... tasted funny going down, tasted real bad coming back up! I ate the whole lot too, lol.

Oh btw, does McDonalds count?
  • Yes, MacDonalds does count. :D The worst thing that I ever drank was probably a mouth full of salt water, I almost puked! Some of these people ate some weird things too!
  • Have to say fruitcake. Don't even go there guys! I can't even look at or smell that sh*t without the sudden urge to reverse chug.
  • Nice imagery Lucifer, real sweet :)

None of you people have lived, once you've traveled to some of the places I've been and been presented with local delicasies such as BBQ cat leg on a skewer, curried dog, deep fried cockroack, honey fried grasshopper or roast rat and had to eat them, pretty much anything that you're not allergic to can be eaten.

Oh, almost forgot about live snake, pick your snake, they cut it open at the table and mix the fresh blood with whiskey, (called snake wine) knock that back whilst popping the still beating heart in your mouth, yummy, before they take it away and cook it up as snake steaks.

ENJOY! :D

The Gastronomic Gospel according to Stoneglobe
  • Originally posted by tonygillis@Mar 4 2003, 04:06 PM
    [b]The worst thing that I ever drank was probably a mouth full of salt water [/b]

i wouldnt suggest getting ur wisdom teeth pulled. for a week afterwards u have to rinse ur mouth out w/salt water. i was sure glad when my week was up! specially since one time i accidentally swallowed some of the salt water. yuck!

The worst thing ive ever eaten...hmmm...i cant really think of the worst at the moment but some bad stuff ive eaten would include pickled beets, yuck to them! not a fan of many vegetables...especially PEAS!!!!
  • I'm never going to get mine pulled then! :D That must have been real gross, I hate when you are swimming and you swallow a bit! Why couldn't it be sugared water? B)
  • Originally posted by KiLLa@Mar 4 2003, 02:45 AM
    Oh btw, does McDonalds count?

There is no way one can say Mc Death doesn't count.

I would say the worst thing here was Raisen Brain.(Raisen Bran for those who are misunderstanding) Raisens don't taste well coming back up and I have stirred clear of both raisens and any cereal with the words Bran in it.

Does Advil count? I ate advil once to get rid of my headache and I hadn't eaten anything else so it came back up. Bah...worst taste ever.

Oh...Turkey Fajita Pita with Onions in it. Having turkey isn't bad...but adding onions that aren't cooked is not tasty.

Brownie chocolate. When I was little I was hungry and wanted something to eat...and my mom was cooking brownies and she had chocolate(being a kid, I didn't know the difference) and I tasted the chocolate she put in the brownies and there was no sugar and no...substance to it.

I think that's it.
  • Did you ever hear of the medicine calles Bickleys or something like that? Well, it even says in the commercials"tastes bad, but it works"or something like that. I had it once and I almost puk*d but salt water was the worst.
  • I think I know the stuff you're talking about Tony?
    BUCKLEY'S (well, that's it's handle over here.) stuff tastes, and smell's like amonia!.......Work's wonder's though, but has to be the foulest cough syrup out. Actually, think I'll have to put that at the top of my list? Give me a dozen snails over one drop of that crud! ;)
  • Nothing works better though, I actually don't mind the taste of it. Mind you I not sitting down with a bottle of Buckley's, popcorn and a movie, I just don't mind the taste.
  • The worst thing i've tasted, i wouldnt call it food though but, I've eaten it, unfortunately. To anyone, I suggest, do not eat wood or fibreglass, it's absolutely disgusting, well, I'll never do that again. And turf is something else that I have eaten, you know the cricket pitch. It hurt my tongue, and very scratchy going down my throat. Oh, and I cant forgot I've had some dirt, and grass, yummee.
    If you want actual food that is the worst thing, for me, it would be mushrooms and peas. It's the only type of food I don't eat.
  • Bite down really hard on tin foil when you have braces or fillings :D :blink: SHOCK!

• Hmmmmm, there's not a whole lot out there that I won't eat, but the most disgusting substance that I've ever ingested is the prep liquid that you have to drink for a colonoscopy!!!

It's like this: Imagine sea water, only about 100 times more salty, and thick to the consistency of thin snot. Drink a six ounce bottle of that (cut with a bit of non-alcoholic liquid that is clear), then, four hours later drink another!! :blink: The second one is worse because you now know what you have to look forward to!!

I nearly puked it up, let me tell ya!!

I despise cooked peas and lima beans also!! YUK!!!!!! :(
  • I can't say i don't enjoy my eating but a couple things i would never eat include Spinach by itself, creamed spinach(makes me gag thinking about it) or creamed tomatoes(meaning with bread).... Ok, i think i need to go visit the trash can now. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Um... try wet, floppy, thich, mucusy, stick, gaggin chinese pastry with rubbery vegetables and other plants. Stay well away from that.

And school assorted boiled vegetables was very, very bad, and made me spit it out.

If you're going to go eat chinese food, if you want to be safe, stick with the fried stuff.

:P Yuk
  • lets see, i hate mushrooms, theyre really squishy and horrible bleugh!!!!!

and i once accidentally swallowed somer clove oil which i was using on my wisdom teeth when they were coming through to stop them hurting and it was absolutley disgusting!!!!

oh, and twiglets!
  • Hmm.. Worst thing I ate.. that would probably be this melon stuff that isn't a melon and it is like tan on the outside and orange on the inside! Oh man was that stuff gross!!! :P Yeah that is the worst thing I have ate in my life! :lol:
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@Mar 4 2003, 05:39 PM

[b]Oh...Turkey Fajita Pita with Onions in it. Having turkey isn't bad...but adding onions that aren't cooked is not tasty.
    [/b]

First off, that made me gag.

Second, the worst thing I have ever had would have to be a chunk of tin foil, I'm sure that couldn't have been good for me.

Now the worst TASTING thing I have ever had, that would be mole (Pronounced mo-lay, I have no real clue how to stick an accent mark on that.) sauce, nasty nasty.
  • One word: Liver. For those of you who have tasted this vile and revolting delicacy you will know what I mean. For those of you haven't: I warn you now STAY AWAY. Cause it's bad, it's very bad. In fact it's so bad that there are no words to describe how bad it tastes except that it DID make me "Reverse Chug" as someone so quaintly put it :lol: . But seriously that stuff makes me want to throw up even just thinking about it. Blech.
  • I would have to say that peas and raisins are at the top of my list. I hate the way they feel in my mouth. Although I have been choking down a few peas over the last few months as I'm trying to keep my daughter interested in foods that don't have sugar as the main ingredients

I would never make it on fear factor. That is just nasty!!!!!!
  • My motto used to be "You gotta try everything atleast once" and beacuse of that some wierd stuff has made it's way into my mouth over the years

Most hard to eat: Living ants.
    Most slimy: Earthworms / The head of a freshly caught fish.
    Most discusted by: Eating a hot dog and (dumb enough) reading about the content at the same time.
    Worst liquid: A bunch of loogies misstaken for a left over beer (in can).

Notice that the list contains only stuff I've accually swallowed since I don't belive that just having it in you mouth is concidered eating.

• Manne, reading your post there had me actively gagging (LOUDLY) and dry heaving!!! Mucous has to be the WORST thing that was ever created!!!!!!!!! How I've made it as a nurse this long I will never know!! :blink:
  • SUS: I have that effect on many women :lol:
  • Originally posted by manneman@Apr 19 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b].
    [/b]

Damn you were lucky.You nearly drank swedish beer.
  • Originally posted by Forger@Mar 31 2003, 01:04 PM
    One word: Liver. For those of you who have tasted this vile and revolting delicacy you will know what I mean. For those of you haven't: I warn you now STAY AWAY. Cause it's bad, it's very bad. In fact it's so bad that there are no words to describe how bad it tastes except that it DID make me "Reverse Chug" as someone so quaintly put it :lol: . But seriously that stuff makes me want to throw up even just thinking about it. Blech.

well liver was not so bad when you tasted a liver Filipino style ( here in the philippines) you'll swear you'll crave for it.

The worst tasting of all was String beans I hate them!!
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight+Apr 20 2003, 09:54 AM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ Apr 20 2003, 09:54 AM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-manneman</i>
    @Apr 19 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b].
    [/b]

Damn you were lucky.You nearly drank swedish beer. [/b][/quote]
    Nice try Gabe, but I don't like Swedish beer either. :D I get myself a crate of Karjala when ever I go visit Finland.
  • Originally posted by manneman+Apr 20 2003, 11:56 AM-->QUOTE(manneman @ Apr 20 2003, 11:56 AM)
    [quote] [quote]Originally posted by gabriel knight@Apr 20 2003, 09:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-manneman</i>@Apr 19 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b] [b].
    [/b]

Damn you were lucky.You nearly drank swedish beer. [/b][/quote]
    Nice try Gabe, but I don't like Swedish beer either. :D I get myself a crate of Karjala when ever I go visit Finland. [/b][/quote]
    I like Karhu myself.
  • The bear beer, I got a pack of Sandels I'm gonna try out at a barbeque next weekend.
    Um, maybe spaming about Finnish beer in the "worst thing you ate" isn't such good PR. :lol:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion