Another Favourite Thread...
  • What are your favourite kind of cheats?

Unlimited ammo, all weapons, invincibility, extra health, god mode, all levels, so on and so forth.

I love nothing more (in a game mind you) than to load up on unlimited ammo and blast away at the bad guys. That way I can still hone my skills on staying alive but not worrying about running out of ammo just as the last guy starts rushing me.

Also do you prefer button codes or unlockable cheats?

I like having to finish the game (or part of it) in order to access the cheats, much like Metal Gear. I feel then that I have earned it and it gives some replay value back to the game.
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Mar 15 2003, 10:52 PM
    What are your favourite kind of cheats?

Unlimited ammo, all weapons, invincibility, extra health, god mode, all levels, so on and so forth.

I love nothing more (in a game mind you) than to load up on unlimited ammo and blast away at the bad guys. That way I can still hone my skills on staying alive but not worrying about running out of ammo just as the last guy starts rushing me.

Also do you prefer button codes or unlockable cheats?

I like having to finish the game (or part of it) in order to access the cheats, much like Metal Gear. I feel then that I have earned it and it gives some replay value back to the game.

I like everything you like, no more, no less! I like them cheats exactly the way you said you like them!
  • I really hate cheating....until I beat the game of course.

But I like cheats where there kind of Original cheats, not the regular unlimited ammo, invulnerablitiy, type things. New kinds of Cheat are more fun.
  • I don't cheat until I finish the game mainly.

Fave cheats:

Unlimited Ammo
    Invincible
    Invisible
    All weapons
    All levels
    Etc.
  • Unlimited ammo is cool, but in racking games, extra speed is really cool as well.

In Tony Hawks, with perfect everything, you can string up some absolutly fantastic lines around the levels on hundreds of millions of points!

However, I'd rather have unlocked cheats (completed thps3 100% 22times! And that got me all sorts of cool stuff)

Of course, If I can't complete a game however many times I try, unlocking all of the multiplayer is always fun!!!

:P
  • I tend to think along the same lines, cheating is bad until you complete the game. Then as the saying goes "It's a whole new ball game" and this one is definately cheat friendly since after you complete a game once you'll want to complete it at 100% so you use what cheats you have to get that. Take FF9 as an example. I completed the game first time round in about 20 hours and I thought that that was a pretty respectable time until I lkearned that to get Steiners best weapon I had to beat yon undead big boss at the end of Memoria. So by next time round I had discovered a nice little cheat wich makes the ingame clock stay always at zero. There were a few others like infinate item usage but none that really made it too easy. Then I discovered a max all items cheat which just made my day since it gave you all of the weapons, armour etc so that you could easily (well not THAT easily) get all of the skills and such. Those are the kind of cheats I like, the kind that make the game no less enjoyable but take away some of the little pains like having to hunt for ammo or somesuch. This can actually make the game more enjoyable. Oh and I feel things like Godmode or invincibility make the game too easy and detract from the spirit of the game.
  • Cheats can be used to enhance and prolong the replayability factor of a title once the title has been completed via gaming and not just plugging in a gameshark.

I prefer new features to be
  • I like to cheat either after beating a game or saying "Man this game sucks". My personal favorite cheat is definitely infinite ammo. It allows me to express myself in ways not possible with just the in game ammo :D
  • I don't like cheating either - but the one's that I do enjoy once I've beaten a game are mainly Unlimited Weapons and Ammo.
  • I'm not a great lover of cheats, ill generally only use them if I am bored or have finished the game.

My favourite way to get cheats would probably be to unlock them. Favourite type of cheat, depends on game. I would say infinite ammo or something like that.
  • I'll just spew out what everyone else has said, but in caveman language: "Cheats good, grunt, only after, grunt, me finish game, grunt grunt. God mode/Invincibility is, grunt, only cheat, grunt grunt grunt, me use."
  • my fave cheats is a 4 cheats:

1-unlimited ammo
    2-extra health
    3-extra money
    4-all levels
  • WOW!! A thread from the deep.

I will only use cheats AFTER beating a game or if I absolutely cannot get past a certain point of a game (and to save my controllers from getting snapped in half). But then I am tempted to use the cheats for the rest of it so I try not to. As to what type of cheats I prefer?? I like the old school button ones.

Nec