There Are Two Kinds Of Gamer Out There!
  • There are two kinds of gamers out there(for console anyway)> Your either a Sony/Playstation person(Like me) or a Nintendo follower which are you?(Xbox really doesn't count. It hasn't been around long enough to be deemed a rival of the others)
  • Considering this is a playstation forum, I think this will be a very one-sided thread. In fact, i'm willing to bet that this'll get closed.

Obviously i'm a Sony boy, through and through. If my PS2 broke down, i'd go out and buy a new one same-day.

What else can I say?
  • Originally posted by KiLLa@Mar 22 2003, 08:30 AM
    Considering this is a playstation forum, I think this will be a very one-sided thread. In fact, i'm willing to bet that this'll get closed.

Obviously i'm a Sony boy, through and through. If my PS2 broke down, i'd go out and buy a new one same-day.

What else can I say?

Yeah I realized that a little to late. If your PS2 brokedown don't go and lose $200, just call the people at Sony. Mine broke down and I was ever so mad, but I called them and they fixed it for free(except the S&H which was $3.20)
  • I am definitely a Playstation/Sony person. I used to love Nintendo but then some of the games coming out just weren't quality, and I was missing the fact that their were no cricket games or rugby league games on the N64, so I bought my PS2 and have been happy ever since.
  • Sony boy man here. My camcorder is Sony, my receiver is Sony and my new TV will be Sony. (someday) High-end Sony stuff is possibly the best quality you can buy.

I used to be a big Nintendo fan boy back in my NES/SNES years. My freinds would call me for cheats and help. When I played a Playstation for the first time I knew that this would be my 'future' system.

I would say that the X-Bux does count as its parent company has been around for quite sometime.

I picture a future for the Gamecute much like the Dreamcast.
  • Personally, i think all 3 systems have their pros and cons and have at one point owned all three and enjoyed each for different reasons. Of course the PS2 is the mainstay and remain so for obvious RPG reasons but the other systems do have thier perks. Anyway, i'm not going to close this thread because eventhough this is a Sony forum, there's no reason that everyone shouldn't be able to voice their opinions about all the systems. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Okay well here is my opinion. I own all three systems.

PS2 isnt the best system say in Specs, but The PS2 is the best system for games. I own about 16 PS2 games.

The x-box has the system, specs wise. But IMO has the worst games. I own 1 X-box game and guess what it is? Halo, yeah halo, the only good game on the system IMO.

Gamecube seems to be in the middle of everything, okay games, okay system(better than a PS2, in specs) Own about 6 GC games.

1st=PS2
    2nd=GC
    3rd=X-box

;) IMO ;)
  • I'd say I'm pretty loyal to Sony! And although I don't personally own another brand of console, I have however rented them in the, not so distant past. For example, when Code Veronica was only available on the 'Dreamcast', a couple of year's ago. Such was my need to complete "THE SET", so to speak, that I forked out the money, hired the console and game (marvelled at the niffty hand-controller with it's wee LCD screen, small thing's amuse small mind's, and all that :blink: ?). And happily set too, shooting and hacking my way through yet another 'Survival Horror' title, until my time was up and I had to return the machine :D

I enjoy the vast range of title's you get with the PS system's, so I guess that does impact alot on my decision's as a consumer. But appart from the odd "hic-up" with the PS2 system, I'd have to say I'm still realtively happy with my choice in console's and no doubt will remain so, when the new version is eventually released to the public. :) :)
  • Well I'm definately a Sony guy first and foremost since as it's been said they have the best games. However I think it would be beneficial to have both the PS2 and the Gamecube since the Gamecube is (supposedly) going to have some new games coming out for it that aren't going to be on the PS2 that I would most definately get in a heartbeat. Oh and the X-box is just a load of s**t since it has no good games and the controllers are just the worst imaginable. Especially when you're used to the small and graceful PS1/2 pads which just rock.
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Mar 22 2003, 03:01 PM
    Sony boy man here. My camcorder is Sony, my receiver is Sony and my new TV will be Sony. (someday) High-end Sony stuff is possibly the best quality you can buy.

You can say that again Rex the Runt.

I quite like Sony gear, Very sexy & slimline. Love my Sony Mobilephone, only to be taken over by a newer Sony Dog & Bone after Easter, Sony PS collection, Sony MD recorder, Sony Digital Camera, Sony this & Sony that.

Anyway back to the topic. I've been Sony PSX guy since the begining, but there is a third kind of gamer. Like myself & others in here, I call myself an Open Format Gamer. Any Genre, Any Platform. I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt & even won a few competitions in the running. I feel that the 16bit days were the very best days of my continuing gaming life as they did open doorways to the bigtime developers of today in the 128bit market. Even though I've got a PS2 (and a lamecube & lax-box in the pipeline for summer) I do go back to the PS-One, I even bought a new PS-One game 4 weeks ago, I also like to get back to the Megadrive & blast around on the shoot-em-up's as they were the best market genre at the time & I couldn't get enough of them. I never get bored of ThunderForce 4, Steel Empire, Hell Fire, M.U.S.H.A. Eleste & Gleylancer.

You can try & knock X-Box, but after you have played Halo you'll find that Half-Life is crude (that's coming from a HUGE Half-Life fan) but that's probably the only good game on it.

Lame-Cube? the remake of Resident Evil was good, but only Graphically good. RE 0 is nice, but you know what the outcome is even before you open the sealed game to put it in to play. Mario Sunshine supposed to be better than Mario 64, but with 5 years in the making it doesn't get off the ground with the award winning, best game in the world Mario 64 (and it stills plays great after all this time) I don't know why M64 was voted the best game in the world - EVER! I could say that Phantasy Star 2 was a lot better or Parasite Eve, Hell DooM still has a huge following after a Decade of Destruction. For Me I think that Quake was the one that made a huge impact on my life (far too many hours online with that monster)

Always keep your mind open to newer & improved things, there's always someone out there who's got a better edge on the market.
  • I haved owned almost every console out there up to the playstation. I had Atari, Intellivision, NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64. One fine day at my buddies house I met miss Lara Croft. This was the day my eyes were opened. The Nintendo games seemed suddenly very childish in natute. As far as my PS and PS2, I've fount that any problems I've encountered have been quuickly erradicated. The customer support is wonderful, retro compatability is the best thing they ever did. The game library is immense. I'm a Sony man from now on.
  • I would have to say I am a gamer at heart I love playing any game on any console, But I alos love my PS to the death. I also have about 15 PS2 games which I use on my sisters system and will be buying mine shortly. I lov my PS & PS2 range of games and titles but also love going to a mates house and hooking up on 4 player goldeneye on the N64 or multiplayer on Halo *drool* :D

It's also good to hit the arcade and see whats available or will become out on a system in the future. Imagine if Vice City came out back in the 80's man I would have pumped probably hundreds of dollars through the arcade machine. :D
  • I am a sony man all the way..... My new 34 inch surround TV, PS2, PS1, walkman, sony VHS video&DVD combo and two other DVD players for two of my other rooms in the house.

I also need to get a new stereo for my garage.... :P

Worf
  • i'm a playstation person through and through i would never play a dreamcast or gamecube or xbox if my life depended on it
  • My favorite system is the original nintendo but were talking about next gen right so it would have to be the PS2.
  • Originally posted by Dragon_Knight@Mar 22 2003, 02:57 AM
    Your either a Sony/Playstation person(Like me) or a Nintendo follower which are you

Umm.....Both :blink: . I like both systems a lot. They are both very good, but I do play my ps2 more than my gamecube.

• I tried out a GameCube once when I was out shopping and I really didn't like it all that much. I don't remember what the game was that was on there, but I didn't care for the controller, the way it felt in my hands was all wrong... I am a Sony/PS person, down to the bone!! :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion