Im Looking For A Good Rpg
  • hey im looking for a good rpg. i have a realy big craze for rpgs all of a sudden. so if you could recomend some i would appericate it. i have: FF7-10, .hack,and ico. i would like to expand my collection. thank
  • If you have .hack then i'm going to assume you live in North America so i think we can hook you up. Here's my list in no particular order:

Shadow Hearts - Midway - "M"
    Wild Arms 3 - Sony - "T"
    Xenosaga Episode 1: Der Wille zur Macht - Namco - "T"
    Legaia 2: Duel Saga - Eidos "T"
    Breath of Fire: DragonQuarter - Capcom "T"
    Dark Cloud 2 - Sony - "T"
    Kingdom Hearts - Square/Disney - "E"

Those are the top titles that i can think of off the top of my head. I can vouch for all of those titles having played at least part of everyone of those titles. Really these should be at the top of every RPG lovers' list of top/favorite games. Expect to have many hours of fun with those titles. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I think you would like any Harvest Moon Game!
  • What about the Summoner games. I'm currently in the middle of Summoner and it's not too bad.
  • :ph34r: i heard a game called rpg maker 2 was pretty good , i dunno if its out yet or if its even a real game so don't take this to mean anything,but one of my friends said it was supposed be good or something so yah may want to check the title out !!!!!!!!later all :ph34r:
  • RPG maker 2 is a program in process that is used to make your own games, I have the first one and it is good but it takes a while to figure it out!
  • Yeah, RPG Maker 2 is basically a game that gives you a fairly simple interface for making your own RPG. It's not out yet in the U.S. but I believe it is in Japan. The first RPG Maker had graphics about equivalent with the SNES, and RPG Maker 2 is around PS1 graphics.

As for RPG's themselves, Mad listed some of the newer great ones out, but if you don't mind playing an older game, here are some great RPG's from the past.

Chrono Cross
    Legend of Dragoon
    Vagrant Story
    and Suikoden 3(yeah, I know I said older games, but hey)

Later all,
  • Yeah, RPG Maker 2 is scheduled out in August so it's still a ways off.

If we're going to mention some older RPGs then i'll name a couple of my favs that you can try and find:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
    Star Ocean: The 2nd Story
    Chrono Trigger(comes in FF Chronicles package)
    Legend of Legaia

And i'll throw some titles that you'll want to look for this summer and fall:

Unlimited SaGa - Square Enix USA - August
    Final Fantasy Origins(FF1 & 2-the one that's never been released outside Japan) - Square Enix USA - April 8th
    Final Fantasy X-2 - Square Enix USA - November
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Square Enix USA - September

Hmmmm.......there seems to be a recurring theme for RPG releases this fall.....

As of right now no other company other than Eidos with the release of Deus Ex 2: Invisible War this fall plan to release any RPGs at this time...Of course i'll post news as soon as any are announced. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Don't forget if you have beaten .Hack you can move the character over to the next game which is supposed to release in May! I thought I would put that in since everyone started talking about RPG Maker 2 and other stuff that isn't out yet. Xenosaga isn't bad and neither is Dark Cloud 2... but that last one is just from what I've heard I have played the other two :D

Well I hope this is helping and stuffs
  • The .hack series will go like this:

.hack//INFECTION(vol. 1): Released February 11th 2003
    .hack//MUTATION(vol. 2): scheduled May 6th 2003
    .hack//OUTBREAK(vol. 3): scheduled August 2003
    .hack//QUARANTINE(vol. 4): scheduled November 2003

The Liminality OVA series that ships with each volume goes like this:

Vol. 1: in the case of Mai Minase
    Vol. 2: in the case of Yuki Aihara
    Vol. 3: in the case of Kyoko Tohno
    Vol. 4: Trismegistus

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I definatly recommend Xenosaga for anyone looking for a good rpg. Everything about it is awesome.
  • i know that madhtr recomemded kingdom hearts but...that would have to be the last thing on your mind. it's really good at the beginning but after awhile, well...

i would recomend:
    chrono cross
    final fantasy tactics
    legend of dragoon
    final fantasy VII (i'm in love with issue...)

well...basically all the greatest hits. :)
    bye, hope you find a good game you'll stick to!
  • Kingdom Hearts is easily the best Squaresoft PS2 title....yes, even better than FFX. It has a great story and the game isn't al that easy unless you spend hours upon hours of leveling up(which i did) and it requires you to actually level up and think to complete all the extras but it does so in an enjoyable fashion. Great action sequences and Sephiroth's addition and the One-winged Angel theme playing during the battle round out this great title.

LoD was highly overrated and i thought that it was much too buggy to be a good game. The story was pretty good but the gameplay did absolutely nothing more me and the control scheme was god-awful.

But to each his own.

A few other additions i may throw in would be:

Vagrant Story - Square
    Arc the Lad Collection - Working Designs

• Good RPG's:
    Grandstream Saga
    The Legend Of Dragoon
    The Classic Final Fantasy V
    Summoner and Summoner 2
    There's more but can't think of them
  • Xenosaga: episode 1
    Kingdom hearts
    Dark Cloud2
    even the old PSX rpgs are really good.
  • well if you have .hack you dont really need another rpg, i mean i've beaten it and i'm still addicted to it, level 35 going on 36 anytime now and getting everything yup still addicted.
    but if you want another rpg its your decision so here is what i like.

chrono cross
    kingdom hearts
    ffx is still good

just a little list nothin much
  • bof4 recomending

legend of dragoon
    gta 3
    vice city
    ssx tricky
  • Originally posted by breathoffire4@Apr 6 2003, 03:28 PM
    bof4 recomending

legend of dragoon
    gta 3
    vice city
    ssx tricky

okay the only RPG you mentioned there was Legend of Dragoon.

Get your videogame genra's right, my man! B)
  • Final Fantasy VII by Squaresoft. It's long, but the systems are easy to get used to unlike Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross. Look into that one.
  • Arc the Lad, Dragon Warrior 7, Legend of Mana. These are my three picks for PS1 everyone already said the good PS2 titles.
  • Earlier I had mentioned Dark Cloud 2, and Xenosaga, and now Dot.Hack part 2 is just around the corner, but I also wanted to put in my two cents on the FF series. I have been addicted to FF 2 in the FF Origins collection so you may want to pick that up if you are still looking!

• I got FF2. I got FF1 And FF2. I couldnt really get into those ones, but I am just getting addicted to FF6! It rAcks! :woot:

But yeah, I have all the FF's

I like FF4 and FF5 And FF6. Couldnt get into the other ones below that. After I beat the ones i am now ill try again to get back into them though.

But yeah the next dot hack is going to rAck. Getting it the first day it comes out.
  • 1. Final Fantasy 7

2. Legend of the Dragoon

3. Final Fantasy 8

4. Kingdom Hearts

5. Xenosaga
  • Must play .hack Must play Shadow Hearts. Nothing elso matters... :drool:
  • Eat my dust I have both of the .Hacks that have been released and almost mastered the second one already. I got to lv 37 before i quit playing the first one and i got all the best stuff and im already on lv 54 on the second one. :punk: :punk:
  • Im sorry if that sounded like bragging but im just excited. .Hack vol. 1 & 2 are bot REALY great games. You have to try them.
  • suikoden 3 and any of the final fantasies kick major ass!
  • Now the 3rd vol. of .Hack is out, i hope i buy it soon, and some other great ones are FF Tactics, Xenosaga (currently playing and loving it :) ), Ark the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, and Xenogears.

Those are just some of my favorites, there are many more, but i think that's enough. :D
  • The game that everyone needs to play but probably don't know about it......Disgaea: Hour of Darkness from Atlus U.S.A. and developed by Nippon Ichi. A Tactical RPG in the veins of FFTactics but that isn't really fair to the game considering that it stands out on it's own. It's funny and deceivingly deep. If you're big into leveling up then you'll be happy to know that you can level upto level 9999. That's right, just under 10k. Each item in the game whether it's a sword or a stick of gum has it's own levels of boards that you can fight through to level up the item. I mean, what other game do you know of where you can create a Legendary piece of ABC Gum?

I highly recommend the game to any TRPG fans or any RPG fans for that matter. Those of you who are pure graphic whores though need not apply as the graphics are probably of PSX quality and sometimes the camera gets in it's own way but while they take away from the overall game, they in no way make this game not something all RPG fans should have.

So, stop reading and go buy this game.......if your local store carries the game since this game is from Atlus it will be harder to find because they tend to ship very liberal amounts of their products. If all else fails, you can order them directly off of Atlus's website.

• If you have a gamecube, the rpg to get is Skies of Arcadia Legends. It's one of the only rpg's out for the gcn but it is a great buy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion