Meeting Each Other
  • Quite a few people here have built up a "relationship" for lack of a better term with one another. By this I mean there is an online friendship or comraderie. If given the chance to actually sit down, meet and talk to some of the members face to face would you like to? Or does the preconcieved idea in your mind of the people on this forum seem more interesting to you?

As for myself it's a split descision. I do enjoy the mystery of you guys, however I think for example if Steve was coming to Minot N.D. it would be great to meet him. It's also neat as someone posted in a thread before "you wouldn't know me if I was standing next to you".

I don't know, what do you think? :huh:
  • Ahh, this brings back memories of the first time Chris and Nikki(Lola) met....heh, heh....That's still a funny one.

Anywho, there are quite a few people that i wouldn't mind meeting but the ones that come to mind right now would have to be Chris, Nikki, Steve, and Susan. I even put them in alphabetical order for your viewing pleasure. Yeah, they're the four most interesting people i've met online and if anyone's seen 'That 70s Show' then we could sit around a table just like that......

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I can't say that it is my goal in life to physically meet the residents of APi.
    The thing about writing is that you have time to correct yourself and think things through before you click the submit button.
    That doesn't occur in real life, that's why people doesn't like eachother as much in real life.
    That and the fact that you can't see that people eat their own snot, feel that they spit alot when they talk or smell that they might could have swiched a few minutes online for some in-shower time. ;)
    Besides how much fun company could a bunch of internet addicted gamefraks be :lol:

If I ever wanted to meet anybody it would have to be Susan.
    We know each other good enough to withstand all the annoying things about eachother.
    One day there might be a knock on your door speeds ;)
  • Actually, a couple months after I got to know Daniel Clement he said his parents were coming to California and DL said for me and him and Dan to get together sometime...but it didn't happen. I've already met DL so I can't say him. I wouldn't mind meeting most of the people here who I've talked to...which would be a long list...and since I don't wanna waste my energy on it I can say there's a lot of people here I would like to meet. A couple of them would be: KiLLa, madhtr, speediebeenie(Susan as you guys know her), A.J., mikeyw3137, Theve1tch, GeneStarwind....the list goes on. I won't take up space here though...so I'm finished with this post.
  • It would be cool to talk to some people that like games that I like. But allot of people here are allot older than I am!
  • Originally posted by manneman@Mar 6 2003, 10:44 AM
    [b]
    The thing about writing is that you have time to correct yourself and think things through before you click the submit button.

Although I do agree with you here Manne. As Lord know's I've had great cause to bless the "Edit" button, not to mention time to reflect before committing my post's etc! I do however believe that there is some merit in meeting those we converse with on a regular basis.
    Therefore I have to say YES! I would indeed like to meet some of the member's, of which I have had the pleasure in corresponding with here.
    That and of course a natural curiosity as to what you all really look like!
    :)
  • Originally posted by tonygillis@Mar 5 2003, 08:58 PM
    It would be cool to talk to some people that like games that I like. But allot of people here are allot older than I am!

How old are you? I am only 16.
  • Thanks Red :D

I would like to see everyone actually. We can hold a hug APi convention in Hoboken, NJ. Why Hoboken? Why not I say :)

-But if I had to pick it would be:
    1) Red
    2) DL
    3) Killa
    4) Lyndon
    5) Jim
    6) Mad
    7) Steve
    8) Susie
    9) Lola
    10) Tiff
  • Well if i ever thought of leaving AUS for a convention i would like to meet: speedie(suze),Fat jiffy(even though he is in AUS i would still like to meet him) danny,WB,Redkenny,rollerz,Mad,speedemon and the list is endless!
  • Party at my house!!!!!! Sure Id meet the bunch of ya. bring ya games and well have a competition (Ill whoop all of u) of course u have to pay your way to california though ;)
  • In the past I
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Mar 6 2003, 05:53 PM
    [b]One things for sure
  • Originally posted by A.J.+Mar 6 2003, 03:48 AM-->QUOTE(A.J. @ Mar 6 2003, 03:48 AM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-tonygillis</i>
    @Mar 5 2003, 08:58 PM
    It would be cool to talk to some people that like games that I like. But allot of people here are allot older than I am!

How old are you? I am only 16. [/b][/quote]
    I am 13 years old, I barely know anyones age here! I saw a few peoples age in the how old are you topic forum though or it was something like that!
  • I have to say I would like to meet just about everyone here and would hope that if anyone was ever in my neck of the woods that they would look me up or PM me and let me know they were coming.

Definately would love to hit the turps with Gid and it would be great to sit and have a drink with Rex too. Would be fantastic to sit down to a meal of Suzes cooking. Would be good to catch up with some of the Aussie guys(BJ, KiLLa, Knowze etc) and Bid aswell.

If I ever win the big lottery (like $20 million) I would be sending a few plane tickets across the globe and interstate and have one big APi party to end all parties. :D
  • Originally posted by Daggers Lover@Mar 5 2003, 09:43 PM
    bring ya games and well have a competition (Ill whoop all of u)

Surely you are smart enough not to challenge me at DDR again right?
  • If by whooping all of us you mean you going into a corner and crying after you've lost again then cool i'll be right over.

Heh, heh...When i do visit i'll beat you at some game....I'll just have to bring over my copy of Guilty Gear X2 and whoop you at that. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by manneman@Mar 5 2003, 04:44 PM

If I ever wanted to meet anybody it would have to be Susan.
    We know each other good enough to withstand all the annoying things about eachother.
    One day there might be a knock on your door speeds ;)
    [/b]

I would LOVE it if one day I had a knock at my door and you were there!!!!!!!!! :wub: (if you read the "senior members" thread, you'll see that showering is not a problem for me!)

I don't care if you spit, stink, sweat, fart....... I'd still love to meet all you guys!!! It'd be soooooo great if we could ever have an API get-together!!!!! I'd be there, with bells on!! (Need to get Gid butt naked and whip him with a wet noodle! :P )

Hey, speaking of that heathen, how come I can't hang out with you and get sh!t faced too!?!? I don' wanna just talk cookin', I want to have fun!!!!! And, I'm lousy at pool, so you can gloat over beating a girl!! HAHAHAH :lol:
  • Originally posted by Susan B STAFF@Mar 6 2003, 05:01 PM
    I don't care if you spit, stink, sweat, fart....... I'd still love to meet all you guys!!! It'd be soooooo great if we could ever have an API get-together!!!!! I'd be there, with bells on!!

That reminds me of the thread back when it talked about an APi holiday get together.
  • Have no fear Suze, we
  • Shouldn't you be calling it 'billiards' there Steve?

The huntin' sounds like a good idea, nothing quite like four guys out in the woods sh*tfaced in camoflauge with high-powered firearms looking for anything breathing to shoot.

(Need to get Gid butt naked and whip him with a wet noodle! :P )[/b]

I not so sure I want to know about that, ahh... what the hell, tell me.
  • Well I'm not the most social guy (obviously) but it's always great to meet some people with at least some of the same interests as myself........If anyone ever comes sweeping down the plains where the wavin wheat sure smells sweet some weekend give me a PM you'll have to come check out my friends and I play we've usually got some kinda gig goin on in some little sh!tkicker bar or another and usually do a pretty fine job of runnin' the hee hawers out...so it'd be primetime after the show to set and have a few drinks
  • Well I'm not really an internet person (I don't even own a computer I'm at work right now) so I would much rather talk to you in person. But API will hafta do for now. B)
  • If I won
  • If I could meet a few people from APi in real life, it would be:

Suzie - Gimme cookies!! :P
    Red & DL - I dunno why, they're just cool and I like them loads
    Gid - Lets see what he's like in his residence, away from the computer
    GabrielKnight - Haven't talked to him for a while, but he's one of my friends
    Rollerz - I used to talk to her a lot, but she seems to have run away. :(

I daresay that it would be fun to meet all of the members from APi (whew, that would be one unforgettable party), but those are just the people that stick out.

Danny
  • I won't mind coming to a Api party...
    It would have to be a lot more fun then the two or three school reuions I have been to over the years :lol:

I do have many friends here at Api and I have come close to meeting WB one time..... There are a few members that are not that far from me such as Lucifer and DL and a few others.
    It would be interesting to see the age differents and such... But we all do have one thing in comon and that is gaming!

I don't want to name names but I do consider many members as good friends that have helped me out in the past.... and I am thankful for that B)

Worf

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion