Who's The Best Guitar God Of All Time?
  • there have been many great but none could match up to these two

Eric clapton

and

Guitarist from Led Zeplin i. uh, can't remeber his name
  • Don't forget Carlos Santana! The latin Mexican Guitarist!
  • Originally posted by hoopz@May 9 2003, 06:56 PM

Guitarist from Led Zeplin i. uh, can't remeber his name

That's Jimmy Page

But there have been others as well.

Buddy Guy
    BB King
    Albert King
    Paco De Lucia
    Al diMeola
    Etc...
  • What about Eddie Van Halen? Too bad about him and Valerie. He has also started drinking again.

It really is sad what is going on with Van Halen.
  • the only two I would put into a guitar god category would be

Jimi Hendrix
    Robert Johnson

not only were their skills far superb to any mortal....they also led the way with their own unique and intriguing style of music
  • Robert Johnson indeed but don't forget about Yngwie Malmsteen. Not that I like his music but boy can he play the guitar.
  • What's that guitarist's name for translvania? He's pretty good! :punk:
  • Just like different types of religions have different gods, here's my two cents!

(most already named)

Classic rock - Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix, Clapton, Steve Jones
    Latin- Carlos Santana
    Hard Rock - Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes,
    Blues - BB King

Honorable mentions (Demi-gods) to:
    Brian Setzer
    Kenny Wayne Sheppard
  • well, you guys are on the right track. Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, BB KingWhere's Ritchie Blackmore, David Gilmour, Toni Iomi?

I've had the distinct pleasure of seeing three of my favorite axe slingers live. Seen Gilmour with Floyd, seen Clapton on his own, and yes Manne I had a chance to catch Yngwie live. Far Beyond The Sun still sends shivers through me.
    :punk:
  • The best guitar players ever are:

1.Jimi Hendrix:punk::punk::punk:
    2.Slash :punk::punk:
    3.Brian May
    4.Eric Clapton
    5.George Harison
  • Isn't anyone going to mention Pete Townsend or Chuck Berry?
  • Aaargh only the game mentioned my favourite (which probably shows his age cuse I only learned about this guy from my parents who are both coming up on the big 40) and that is Brian May the lead Guitarist from Queen (the band not the play). He was definately one of the best guitarists of all time. Heck it's a little known fact (I think) that it wasn't JUST Freddie who wrote the bands songs. No each of the bandmembers wrote songs for the band. Freddie and Brian preffered Rock and maybe a little Disco while the other gutarist preferred ballads and love songs. The drummer well he wrote in his own style.
  • I think that Les Claypool is one of the best and has not been mentioned yet. :punk:
  • I think Steve Vai is a worthy addition to the list . Also really enjoy Stu Hamm's bass playing ability. How about Jennifer Batton to add a female to the pile ?

The award for geat guitarist but also big fat weinie should go to Yngwie Malmsteen.
  • One name:Michael Romeo.
  • Hendrix All The way, Plus Jimmy Paige, and Clapton, Those guys can play anything without trying, and dont forget Keith Richards!! :punk:
  • all time best, Hendrix no one can beat him, Clapton yeah he's good but not as good as Hendrix
  • Hendrix and Santana are definently at the top although Jimmy Page is pretty good, I just get peeved having to sit through the whole of Highway to Heaven just to hear that awesome solo! :punk:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion