Favorite Movie!
  • What is your favorite movie and why?

My fav. movie would have to be...X-Men! Yeah, action, adventure,drama,romance, suspense... It has it all!! :)
  • *Yawn*I took a while to search for it and I finally found a similar topic which can be located here :)
  • Darn... I searched but I didn't fine one...oh well....*sigh* Sorry about this you can close this now...
  • There is a new thing now, you can now close your own topics, it is around the bottom of the page! L8er! :)
  • The last general
  • I am a fan of X-Men as well. Sadly, since I heard about the release of X-Men 2, my friend and I have been planning to attend it and it turns out it comes out on the day we go on vacation. Arg. Oh well..I'll see it with her some other time.
  • Favourite movie, well that one is a doozie. I suppose that I don't really have a favourite movie. But my favourite three would be 8 Mile, Scary Movie 2 and also LOTR: The Two Towers. In my opinion, all wonderful movies.
  • Well my fav isnt really a movie it
  • Originally posted by DragonballzDBZlover@Mar 13 2003, 08:33 PM
    X-Men! Yeah, action, adventure,drama,romance, suspense... It has it all!! :)

Too bad it doesnt have any kind of depth.The movie should have lasted 3 more hours for it to be good.

My favourite movie would be either Le pacte des loupes or Sleepy hollow.
  • Favorite all time is Scarface with Pacino. Been trying to find the DVD, but found out they're remastering it and should be around shortly. I pray they put in the missing parts of the shower scene that were cut to keep it from being rated X. And no people it was for violent content not anything sexual.

Many people (myself included) thought it sould have gotten the Oscar. However in the '80s people were still a bit anal as far as the content of the movie.
  • [quote]Originally posted by gabriel knight+Mar 14 2003, 02:01 PM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ Mar 14 2003, 02:01 PM)[quote] <!--QuoteBegin-DragonballzDBZlover</i>@Mar 13 2003, 08:33 PM
    [b] X-Men!
  • [quote]Originally posted by gabriel knight+Mar 14 2003, 06:01 AM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ Mar 14 2003, 06:01 AM)[quote] <!--QuoteBegin-DragonballzDBZlover</i>@Mar 13 2003, 08:33 PM
    [b] X-Men!
  • [b]PBW: "Repm
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@Mar 14 2003, 09:26 PM
    [b]If you are saying there is no theme behind X-Men, I myself could tell ya the meaning. [/b]

Im not saying theres not a meaning but the movie moved on too fast.

Now im hiching a ride and got attacked and now im at some school and now im kidnapped and here we are at the final fight.

Thats pretty much the speed that the movie went.
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight+Mar 15 2003, 04:20 AM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ Mar 15 2003, 04:20 AM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-RedKennypup2004</i>
    @Mar 14 2003, 09:26 PM
    [b]If you are saying there is no theme behind X-Men, I myself could tell ya the meaning. [/b]

Now im hiching a ride and got attacked and now im at some school and now im kidnapped and here we are at the final fight.

[/b][/quote]
    Once again speed doesn't matter. If you didn't get it all and it went too fast for you that you couldn't understand then yeah it would matter. But it sounds like you understood it. A lot of the movie was edited so that is how they got the movie short. And all of the edited parts were pretty long. Yeah, I've seen them all. :)
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight+Mar 14 2003, 08:20 PM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ Mar 14 2003, 08:20 PM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-RedKennypup2004</i>
    @Mar 14 2003, 09:26 PM

[/b][/quote]
    Okay, now I'm more understanding what you're saying and I can say that I do agree with what you're saying. I guess they had to do that to crunch the movie into a 2 hour time frame.
  • This is the problem with movies like these. There are so many characters to introduce and give a brief history on them that it really doesn't leave much to the story.

X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Mar 15 2003, 01:23 PM
    X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.

Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like. One with Wolverine and one with Cyclops and Jean.
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004+Mar 15 2003, 10:08 PM-->QUOTE(RedKennypup2004 @ Mar 15 2003, 10:08 PM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-Rex77</i>
    @Mar 15 2003, 01:23 PM

Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like. One with Wolverine and one with Cyclops and Jean. [/b][/quote]
    Uhh... Not really...@_@ I'm kind of like reading the book that is based on the movie and it doesn't have anything about that. Though Wolverine does learn some stuff but not much.
  • Originally posted by DragonballzDBZlover+Mar 15 2003, 02:10 PM-->QUOTE(DragonballzDBZlover @ Mar 15 2003, 02:10 PM)
    [quote] [quote]Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@Mar 15 2003, 10:08 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Rex77</i>@Mar 15 2003, 01:23 PM
    [b] X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.

Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like. One with Wolverine and one with Cyclops and Jean. [/b][/quote]
    Uhh... Not really...@_@ I'm kind of like reading the book that is based on the movie and it doesn't have anything about that. Though Wolverine does learn some stuff but not much. [/b][/quote]
    Really really. I have subscribed to the website that gives the info on the sequel.
  • I have nothing to say about xmen, but that my favourite film is the Matrix, for original concept, great stunts, good acting and never seen before things such as bullet time!

:ph34r:
  • [quote] [quote] [quote] X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.

Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like. One with Wolverine and one with Cyclops and Jean. [/quote]
    Uhh... Not really...@_@ I'm kind of like reading the book that is based on the movie and it doesn't have anything about that. Though Wolverine does learn some stuff but not much. [/quote]
    Really really. I have subscribed to the website that gives the info on the sequel. [/quote]
    So? Doesn't mean they tell you everything about the movie now does it? They could be just pulling your leg. ^_^
  • [quote]Originally posted by DragonballzDBZlover+Mar 15 2003, 06:10 PM-->QUOTE(DragonballzDBZlover @ Mar 15 2003, 06:10 PM)[quote] <!--QuoteBegin-RedKennypup2004</i>@Mar 15 2003, 10:08 PM
    [b]
    [b]Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like.
  • [quote]Originally posted by Rex77+Mar 16 2003, 03:51 PM-->QUOTE(Rex77 @ Mar 16 2003, 03:51 PM)[quote] [quote]Originally posted by DragonballzDBZlover@Mar 15 2003, 06:10 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-RedKennypup2004</i>@Mar 15 2003, 10:08 PM
    [b]
    [b]Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like.
  • Well fav. action movie: The Matrix.

Fav. Comedy movie: Billy Madison.

Hey guy's and gal's. Whats X-men? ha ha ha, just kidding! :P :rolleyes: :D
  • Excuse me for going back a few posts but, Manne, is your favorite Babe the film about the Pig down under, or about a dead baseball player, or even about something else?

As for my favorite film, being St. Patrick's Day, I'd have to say The Quiet Man :D

"Drinks on the House!"

ps. "There's sure to be wigs(whigs?) on the green this day!"

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!
  • [quote] [quote] [quote] [quote] X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.

Yeah...and they're gonna have two stories in the movie it looks like. One with Wolverine and one with Cyclops and Jean. [/quote]
    Uhh... Not really...@_@ I'm kind of like reading the book that is based on the movie and it doesn't have anything about that. Though Wolverine does learn some stuff but not much. [/quote]
    Really really. I have subscribed to the website that gives the info on the sequel. [/quote]
    So? Doesn't mean they tell you everything about the movie now does it? They could be just pulling your leg. ^_^ [/quote]
    Why would they waste money on a domain name to "pull my leg"? :huh:
  • [quote] [quote] [quote] [quote] [quote] X2 should be a whole lot better since most of the introductions are already done.

So? Doesn't mean they tell you everything about the movie now does it? They could be just pulling your leg. ^_^ [/quote]
    Why would they waste money on a domain name to "pull my leg"? :huh: [/quote]
    They could do that to get you to watch the movie? :blink: Don't ask me why they would do that... :huh:
  • Oh Cr#p!!! Do I have to choose just one? :unsure:

I can think of at least 10, but I'll narrow it down to just two.....

The Deer Hunter & Ghost! :D
  • My favorite one is Alien. It is a sci-fi film from 1979. I just love science fiction films. B)
  • No, sorry, can't do it. Can't choose just one film. If pushed, I can narrow it down to 3 though...

The Life of Brian - endless fun, many quotes, satirical, poignant ending. Love it to pieces.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - the only film in recent years that I watched at the cinema then went back a week later to watch it again. Awesome soundtrack, cool story, again many quotes, just too cool for school (ahem... B) ).

And finally...Mary Poppins. Again, great soundtrack, great story, the best joke in the world (I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith. Really? What was his other leg called? - makes me laugh every time!). Fabulous. You're either Sound of Music or Mary Poppins, and I'll go with Mary over a bunch of singing nuns :lol: .
  • my favorite move would have to be Orgazmo it's the funniest thing I have ever seen, and I look in the mirror every morning. :D
  • Well not just one, my favorite is Aliens (not alien, Aliens it's the second ppart) 11 oscars, good actors, good plot, good sound, even gives you the sensation that the end it is not the end, and you are right, and here we go with queen alien, it is simply magnificent, of course I have the DVD with 11 aditional minutes, even better.
    :notworthy: the second one it Cinema paradiso the new version, absolutely delicius history, the best of the best in dramas :feedme: the third one: Matrix, a little green :pump: but the history it's original, I can not wait for Matrix Reloaded.

Best regards to all
  • "waking life" ... it's a little obscure, i think, 'cause few people have heard of it. it's animated (fantastic rotoscoping) but is possibly the DEEPEST movie in years. in short, it's about the difference between waking life and dream states, how we can tell one from the other, and the importance of each
  • Can't really decide which is my fav but here's my top 3. The Matrix, X-Men and X-2. As for best battle scene well I'd have to say the bloomin huge battle at the end of LOTR-TTT. That was just breathtaking.
  • Hum...

I think "Contact" and "Devil
  • I agree With raul it has to be the matrix its just so cool with abrilliant plot. Can't wait till matrix reloaded comes out and there making a third one! :woot: :lol:
  • Who ever created the Matrix Reloaded should be worshiped :notworthy: as a god of directors and creators it was twice as good as the first and that movie was the best ever.[B]
  • How about...uh..well

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Mulan
    The Theif and the Cobbler
    Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
    Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco
    X-Men (soon to be X-2 I hope)
  • Mine is X-men+X-men 2(It is released in U.K)+rush hour+rush hour 2+Home Alone (all 1,2,3,4)+Rat race. :fight: :bash: :woot:
  • I've just seen X-men 2 and it was wiked!!! :drool: :woot: :disco:

The special efects are amazing and there is a great plot and story.
  • Originally posted by Prince_Vegeta@May 19 2003, 12:02 PM
    Mine is X-men+X-men 2(It is released in U.K)+rush hour+rush hour 2+Home Alone (all 1,2,3,4)+Rat race. :fight: :bash: :woot:

Sin
  • Some of my Favorite movies are....
    The Matrix
    X-Men
    Full Metal Jacket
    Star Wars (all 5 with Empire Strikes Back being the fav)
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (the other two were okay)
    Star Trek (all with The Wrath of Kahn and First Contact favs)
    Tommy
    As Good As It Gets
    The Shining
    The Godfather (Parts I and II)
    Platoon
    Scream
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    The Wizard of Oz
    There are so many others this could go on forever! Obviously I lean towards Sci-Fi/Fantasy but I'll watch anything once. Looking most forward to X-2 and Matrix Reloaded.
  • [quote]Originally posted by gabriel knight+May 20 2003, 03:38 AM-->QUOTE(gabriel knight @ May 20 2003, 03:38 AM)[quote] <!--QuoteBegin-Prince_Vegeta</i>@May 19 2003, 12:02 PM
    [b] Mine is X-men+X-men 2(It is released in U.K)+rush hour+rush hour 2+Home Alone (all 1,2,3,4)+Rat race.
  • [quote]Originally posted by ali-g7+May 20 2003, 04:43 PM-->QUOTE(ali-g7 @ May 20 2003, 04:43 PM)[quote] [quote]Originally posted by gabriel knight@May 20 2003, 03:38 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Prince_Vegeta</i>@May 19 2003, 12:02 PM
    [b] Mine is X-men+X-men 2(It is released in U.K)+rush hour+rush hour 2+Home Alone (all 1,2,3,4)+Rat race.
  • [quote] [quote] [quote] [quote] Mine is X-men+X-men 2(It is released in U.K)+rush hour+rush hour 2+Home Alone (all 1,2,3,4)+Rat race.
  • Got To Be LOrd Of The Rings Baby, 2 Not 1. :punk: :punk:
  • My favourite movie is without doubt the Matrix, i've watched it twice in the past 2 days waiting for the new one to release tommorrow, and i just can't wait!!! The storyline, the actors and the special effects are simply amazing.

Although i usually like comedy films, such as American Pie 2, Road Trip, Ali G Indahouse, South Park movie... i like a few action/horror films too, such as Gangsta No.1, Jeepers Creepers and Signs!

I love films :)
  • my favourite movie has to be either ali g indahouse or johnny english they are so :swear: funny

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion