• I was wondering when you get so d :swear: n frustrated with a game, do you ever throw the controller across the room?

I myself continue to hold on to the controller with both hands and punch the floor. I'd rather bruise my knuckles then cough up the cash for a new controller. :peace:
  • I rarely get that frustrated but when I do I usually drop the controller and walk away.
  • I've never got frustrated with a game before, but we i get generally frustrated i do the same as you jdm and have a tendancy to punch the nearest thing! My bedroom has taken a beating from my knuckles!
    :swear:
    Although normally you're so ticked off, that you don't feel the pain anyway.
  • The thing that gets me the most frustrated is my old computer. Ive been known to throw various items across the room when i get kicked off the internet...
    i once took the chair out of the room into a bigger area and started kicking it(that was painful! i kicked it right in the metal part).
    but yea...there is a point were i get so :swear: frustrated that i punch, kick, and throw things.
  • At first I though "I never get upset about any game, I just tend to think that I obviously am doing whatever I'm doing the wrong way and try a different approach". Then I remember the incident with the Formula 1 game.

I had this Formula 1 game and there really isn't that much of an approach other then to drive as good as you can. In this game I never could finish the third race beacuse my car exploded or got turned over or what ever reason. So I ran the race over and over and finally I caught a break and was in the lead for the final lap when all of a sudden an other car pushes me off the road and into a tree were upon my car explodes.
    I got so mad that I grabbed an axe and went out on the front yard and chopped down one of my mothers trees. (this was about 10 years ago)
    I had quite alot to explain when she got home.

Then there has been some incidents with keyboards getting quite a beating after loosing some "very important" game.

So to answer your question, no I have never done such childish things as to throw my controller across the room.
  • My gaming skills are so precise and near perfect that I rarely have a game challenge me to the point where I have to try something more than twice.

When that rare time does come around I calmly put the controller down and get a pencil and piece of paper and work the problem out until I have a reasonable solution to the problem. ;)

Or maybe I squeeze the controller so hard that it nearly shatters in my hands. :angry:
  • "Was wondering, when you were going to get around to opening this thread, Jdm?" :rolleyes:

As I told you when we were discussing this topic on 'chat', I've yet to do so (throw the controller, that is).......but I have 'cussed and stomped' around the room lots!!!!

But my brother is a b :swear: er for it!!!! Always said, the boy needed some 'anger management' :blink:

Does having the controller, ripped from your grip and deposited on the floor, by a huge stupid dog that seems to forget, he's bigger than the cat, count? :think:

hmmm?? The censor icon-thingee, smiley didn't work!

There ya go Mrs. Biddie

Cheers for that Mad :D
  • I wouldn't say I "throw the controller across the room" por se. I just begin long chains of incomprehesible jibberish...which is very loud although very exhausting. The only game I get frustrated with is Dance Dance Revolution and usually I will start stomping after a few loud grunts. Oh well. That's my experience with throwing controllers. :pump:
  • Originally posted by Rex77@May 13 2003, 05:52 PM
    My gaming skills are so precise and near perfect that I rarely have a game challenge me to the point where I have to try something more than twice.

When that rare time does come around I calmly put the controller down and get a pencil and piece of paper and work the problem out until I have a reasonable solution to the problem. ;)

Or maybe I squeeze the controller so hard that it nearly shatters in my hands. :angry:

I seem to remember a few months ago that you almost through the whole console when you deleted your vice city game.

As for me, its hard to get the angry at monopoly, so no I never have that urge
  • I don't throw my controllers any more but there have been times. I used to beat the crap out of my old Atari 2600 controllers. That was in the mid teen years. Talk about being immature. Having to pay for your own things sure helps you to mellow out.
  • I haven't threw my controller across the room (yet anyway) but when I really get p :swear: d off with a game I tend to just switch the game off (if I had saved it recently) and walk away from it and (if I'm really annoyed) then take my frustration out by using every swear word I know (and let me tell you I know quite a few) on the game. This has happened a few times in the FF series of games, Dino Crisis and a number of other games where either I couldn't find something that I needed to advance on or I kept getting kileed a lot at one particular place (Dino Crisis).
  • Yeah I get so fustrated with a game that I just hit the controler agast my duvet until all my stress is out :fight:

At least I don't have to buy a new conntroler if i hit it against something soft. The funny thing is it allways seems to get me parst the next part or level! :blink: :woot:
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@May 13 2003, 08:43 PM
    [b]The only game I get frustrated with is Dance Dance Revolution and usually I [/b]

Ugh! dont get me started on that game, red! i suck at it! i was playin it down in disney world...theres always a bit of a line for it. and every night we were at disney quest there was this guy (about 16?) there and he was always sweating and reeked! i think he played that game too much!
  • I never threw the controller at the wall before! :blink: But if I get frustrated, I just keep at it. I never got stuck in a place I couldn't get out of!
  • I dont throw the contorller I yell at the TV less painfull for everyone :peace:
  • I never get angry at games because I am perfect at any ps2 game out there. I don't care what all the other members say here.
    :pump:
  • I don't think your good at every game Masterman! And Daggers, what would you do if your tonsils hurt? I can't yell very loud, I have a bad throut! Probibly because of my asthma, but I'm getting off the subject here!
  • Originally posted by Masterman@May 18 2003, 01:23 AM
    I never get angry at games because I am perfect at any ps2 game out there. I don't care what all the other members say here.
    :pump:

And what other API members see, "I never get angry at games because i don't have the crinal capasity to play hard game so stick to easy games. I'm perfect at all the ps2's games that are out as long as they have a 3+ symbol on them!!!"

You also nearly got the smile right, but your not talking :pump: , you are talking compleat :stink: , or maybe you are great at any ps2 game'...............
    ..as long as you have mummy and daddy there to push the buttons for you!!!

Just a shame they dont do your posting on api, otherwise we might like you and not laugh at you!
  • Originally posted by Theve1tch@May 18 2003, 04:11 PM

You also nearly got the smile right, but your not talking :pump: , you are talking compleat :stink: , or maybe you are great at any ps2 game'...............
    ..as long as you have mummy and daddy there to push the buttons for you!!!

Just a shame they dont do your posting on api, otherwise we might like you and not laugh at you!

Gee Matt, how do you really feel!?!? I mean, don't hold back, ya know, just tell it like it is why don't ya!? :lol:

I've never been so angry/frustrated that I throw the controller, I just get up and turn the game off, whether I've recently saved it or not. At that point I just don't care!! :rebel:
    But, Hubby Pooh has been known to break controllers and dent walls with his mighty throwing arm!! He's even taken chunks out of the dining room floor by throwing a controller once!! :ph34r:
  • :stink: Ow my, someone has finally come up with a thread I can relate to :cry:
    Yes I admit I have thrown my controller on the floor in the past..... :shy: Well I have learned not to do that anymore, I channel my energy other ways now :clap:
    And its a lot cheaper....

Worf