Stealth Or Shootemup?
  • I came up with this sometime ago... but who preffers Stealth over Shootemup or Vice versa.
    I just want to get as many people opinions (i make lots of surveys)
    But really, if you have an opinion on which one is at the top of the stick (the best in other words) just post your opinons on which one is more enjoyable.

Stealth
    ShootEmUp

• Oh, I definitely prefer a good shootemup!!
    I'm not very good at sneaking around, I get to anxious to see blood and guts! :woot:
  • I prefer stealth over shootemup because i love to kill my enemies without them knowing who did it. I am a big fan of Tenchu, and i really want to play Splinter Cell.
  • I actually like both, sometimes I feel like going crazy and just want to kill everything that moves, and sometimes I feel like sneaking around.

I like some games where you have to do both.
  • Originally posted by GamerGuy@May 25 2003, 04:58 PM
    I prefer stealth over shootemup because i love to kill my enemies without them knowing who did it. I am a big fan of Tenchu, and i really want to play Splinter Cell.

A true stealth operative would leave absolutely no trace of them being there. :ph34r:

I prefer a good mix. Sneaking around for the whole game gets a little boring in my opinion, but then again running into a room with guns blazing is not really for me either.

I really like the Metal Gear series, seems to be the right mix of stealth and action. You can almost go in full stealth mode or you can snap the necks and blow away every guard and it makes no difference in the end result.

I really liked Splinter Cell, but it was based a little too heavily on stealth for me. I want to be able to take out the odd guard when I feel it warrants it. With Splinter Cell it felt like you only had the option of sneaking around and your gun was just for looks.
  • It depends what kind of a mood your in, if you are really peeved or something YOU WANT BLOOD :bash: so a shootemup is the way to go. Other times ya might feel a little sly you want a stealthy game.
  • I agree i like a game with a bit of both, i like strategy games so i do like stealthing around, but without a little bit of action it can get boring. So games like MGS, and Syphon Filter are great! And the game i'm currently playing on PC, SWAT 3 which i believe is soon to be coming out on PS2, i read a little while back in the Latest News section. In which you have the choice, of going stealth or going dynamic, is perfect.
  • Stelth is my kind of game! :woot:

Splinter cell is wiked! :woot:
  • I like stealth way more than the other one! My favorite kinds are stealth and RPG!
  • If anybody as played the matrix you would understand what a cool stealth shootemup is about.

putting your back againts the wall, checking around the corner just to see four gaurds, foucasing and wall running around the courner while pumping out two clips of bullts from two hand guns right into the poor losers.

Then you find yourself face to face with the worst 'person' ever...Smith

That came is cooler than hell!
  • I think games that have a good mixture of both stealth and shoot em up are sheer class. Medal of Honor is an excellent example of this, what a great game.
  • Originally posted by Outcast512@May 28 2003, 06:56 PM
    If anybody as played the matrix you would understand what a cool stealth shootemup is about.

putting your back againts the wall, checking around the corner just to see four gaurds, foucasing and wall running around the courner while pumping out two clips of bullts from two hand guns right into the poor losers.

Actually i would clasiffy that as a shootemup since you actually dont have to sneak past/kill the guards silently.

Anyway i prefer stealth.The thief series is a masterpiece.
  • It all depends what mood I
  • Well, at least MGS wasnt a bad mixture of both.
    i think and hope that the other futrue metal gears will have the same. Maybe mgs2 has some stealth and shootemup action. Hope it does, i've never played it same with Substance it think that game has both. Hope the nfuture MGS3 snake eater has this.
    :peace:
  • I like both Steath and Shootumup games, but i think that a great action game has a little bit of both. You can be steathy and win, or you can kill everyone and win. That makes for a fun game.
  • I better go with stealth games there are lot of great stealth games like MGS...so stealth games all the way..!
  • A good mix of both stealth and shooter is a great combo. I like Socom because you can pick up the biggest gun and rip the enemy apart or you could just crawl on the groud and snipe people. But I really liked sneaking around picking off the team one by one without the whole group knowing it until they are dead...

Or just sneak around planting claymores while your team waits in the grass. When the enemy carefully leads their team right into your trap, you hit the detinator and order your team to open fire. Bodies hit the ground before they know what hit 'em... Now that's fun!

Have Fun Gaming! Tango Down!