What's In A Name?
  • I'm just curious. You don't have to give out your name or anything if you don't want to, but were you named after anyone? I myself was named after my mom's sister's best friend...but are any of you carrying a namesake?

I also bear in my middle name, my grandmother's name..which I intend to change once I earn enough money for such a thing.
  • First Name - Grandfather on Mother's side
    Middle Name - Grandfather on Father's side
    Last Name - errrr........Father

So that's how i got my name. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • My middle name has been carried by my father's side for generations, and it dies with me. As far as I know, I haven't been named after anyone. The story goes that my mother was simply searching for a name that one of my many aunts and uncles hadn't used on a child yet, and so she chose mine. Personally, I wish she'd chosen better, but what's in a name?

Would a rose by any other name smell less sweet? (will some of you Shakespeareans please correct my attempt to quote the Bard) :woot:
  • I believe romeo and juliet went something like....A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

But we get what ya mean WB!.

As far as me... named after my dad and that tradition died with him. I rarely use my real first name and haven't for about 18 years. (Except when I'm in trouble and mom calls of course :blink: )

My youngest is named after the high school my wife and I dated and met (Logan). i still tease my mom and said we could have named Logan High School and he would have had his own monogramed jackets, shirts, bags.
  • Originally posted by Topper@Aug 18 2003, 01:37 AM
    My youngest is named after the high school my wife and I dated and met (Logan).

I named my puppy after Topper's youngest!
    Just kidding, although his name is Logan too!

My middle name is after my father and his oldest brother's middle name is after his father. So I guess I'm supposed to give my name as a middle to my first born, if I want to keep with that tradition.
  • First Name: Is the poetic name for Ireland and an unusual name for a man
    Middle Name: Is my fathers first name
    Last Name: From the dictionary means Stupid person or fool. :woot:
  • I currently go by the name of "DAD" (but in swedish then of course). It is is a traditional name that has been passed on in our familiy, generation aftre generation, for as long as I can remember.
  • I'm thankful my mother stepped in and I ddn't end up as Henry Calvin May IV. :doh: I stick with John.
    :peace:
  • I am named after my Mom's favourite cousin who was killed in car/train accident. Actually my Mom wanted to name my older brother after him but my Grandma was very much against it. But when I was born she didn't care what she said and went ahead and named me after him. As for my middle name I am not sure, I think my parents just liked the sound of it with my first name.
  • I was named after a comic book character!
    Nikki the Wild Dog of the Wilderness!
    I kid you not!

:woot: :woot:
  • First name - something chosen by parents for unknown reason

Second name - surname of fathers side
  • My first name is after my grandpa on my moms side, and my bros middle name is after my grandpa on my dads side. :)