Androids? Are You Ready?
  • Japanese researchers have begun petitioning the Japanese government to support a multi-million dollar 30 year long technical development project called "Atom Project," that will theoretically result in the creation of a humanoid robot with the mental, physical and emotional capacity of a 5-year-old human. The scientific project takes its name and goal from Osamu Tezuka's influential manga and anime Tetsuwan Atom, Astro Boy.[/b]

So, what do you think will happen? Are you prepared to see the creation of androids?
  • Why not.Even if they do attack us they'll malfunction in the coldness of Finland so I'll be safe.
  • The blistering cold of Finland would be the only thing that could protect Gabe from a rampaging humanoid robot with the mental, physical and emotional capacity of a 5-year-old human. .
    :lol:

Seriously, I think it is probably a better idea to re-introduce the old system of slave trading, using the many "I don't feel like doing anything but complain"- counch lying sacks of fat that you can spot here and there in a modern country.

What I mean is that the question of intelligence and free will, will rise sooner or later. [/b]
  • Originally posted by manneman@Aug 23 2003, 02:17 PM
    [b]The blistering cold of Finland would be the only thing that could protect Gabe from a rampaging [quote]humanoid robot with the mental, physical and emotional capacity of a 5-year-old human.
    :lol:

Seriously, I think it is probably a better idea to re-introduce the old system of slave trading, using the many "I don't feel like doing anything but complain"- counch lying sacks of fat that you can spot here and there in a modern country.

What I mean is that the question of intelligence and free will, will rise sooner or later. [/b] [/b][/quote]
    Have you ever been alone in the same room with a 5 year old.They're evil I tell you.EVIL!!!

And the slave trading idea is fantastic.
  • I am not exactly worried about it since it's thirty years into the future...and I'll probably almost be a grandma by then, so what do I care?
  • If we haven't already, we're bound to create the technology that will destroy us. If it's by the hands(?) of androids, what difference will it make?

Personally, I'm all for androids. I already like them better than most people, and I've never met one.
  • Originally posted by WreckinBall@Aug 25 2003, 07:23 AM
    If we haven't already, we're bound to create the technology that will destroy us. If it's by the hands(?) of androids, what difference will it make?

Personally, I'm all for androids. I already like them better than most people, and I've never met one.

Hell, if there are gonna be any like Roy Batty from Blade Runner then I am putting in my order now!
    Hubba hubba!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: