• I say HELL NO
  • I have to agree with you, I think that they should only use weed for medical use.(like on the simpsons) B)
  • I'm going for the *Cue Mr. Hat(Southpark) voiceover*

Pot is bad

*End Voiceover*

I think that legalizing tacky tobaccy wouldn't be a good thing. Though people would probably just use it like cigs, i think that the side-effects of it would have a huge risk to everyone and i don't think it'd be good.

Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.

P.S. Did i mention that it wouldn't be good?
  • Drugs are bad, mara JA wana is bad, drugs are bad.

Mabey someone will rag on me for this but Weed is addictive! I have never smoked weed or anything for that matter or tooken any drugs. But alot of my friends do smoke pot , well there not my friends anymore but still, I used to hang out with them.
    Well they would all say its not addictive but they would probablly smoke a bowl or 2 everyday, and then they did more and more. And now there all losers who arnt going anywhere with there lives.

I hate the fact that some people are so bored with there lives or cant make themselves feel good that they have to take a drug to do that, I see that in my eyes as a low life thing to do and I pitty them.
  • Legalize it where?

In my country(Mexico) i think they should, we don't have that much consumption really, and you can get it quite easy actually. But if they legalize it, the people planting, processing, and distributing the drug would pay taxes, and a lot of them. And you could put an end with to corruption and impunity here.

But as in cigarrettes you should make sure no one sell it to minors, and you should make sure that not to use it ir you're driving.

BTW. I don't think it's anymore adictive than cigarettes or alcochol.
  • I could honestly care less... However, I do beleive that most teens use it only to rebel, and break laws.. I voted yes, because I think that;

Despite all the anti-drug campeigns the media have going, it is not as dangerous as how much they imply it is.
    Smoking one joint will not kill you. Smoking constantly, over and over will kill you, as will smoking tabaco. And is tabacco legalized? YES. Marijuana (As far as I know) is legal in most of Europe, and they dont seem to have too much of a problem with it there, do they? Marijuana is quite possible, the best pain killer in the world. Morphine may work just as well, but is much more addictive and deadlier. Marijuana is not physically adictive.. Your body will not shut down without it, as it will with cocain, or Heroin. Marijuana is only psycologically adictive. Quiting marijuana, beleive it or not is less adictive than tabacco.
  • Originally posted by pablovi@Feb 24 2003, 08:42 PM
    BTW. I don't think it's anymore adictive than cigarettes or alcochol.

I knew that someday we would agree on something. :D

Frankly, I don't care if they legalize it or not.
  • Originally posted by WreckinBall@Feb 25 2003, 01:14 AM

I knew that someday we would agree on something. :D

It's good to see that WB :D
  • I say legalize it, it'll do wonders for the economy, cut down on drug related violence and it'll ruin the
    lives of good for nothing pushers.

And if people choose to lounge around getting stoned all the time, so what, it's their life, they ruin it any
    way they want. At least they're not Disrupting other peoples lives by getting rowdy & violent like they
    were on some other, legal, drug I can think of.

Drug laws do more harm than drugs. They spawn people that would have you killed for being in the
    wrong place at the wrong time or simply seeing something that they'd rather remained a secret. Just
    take the US alcohol prohibition & the type of people that that spawned, for example.

Drugs are bad for the individual who chooses to use them.
    Durg laws can be bad for anyone.

It really p!sses me off when I read about some Knob whinging for tougher drug laws because some
    people were shot dead after stumbling onto a plantation, guarded by armed men. Tougher drug laws
    won't prevent that kind of thing happening again but no drug laws will.
  • I agree with WB, i dont care if they legalize it or not, i just know that i will never use it anyway and alot of my friends allready do drugs. So do whatever u want, ppl will still use it legally or not.
  • Pot is not legal in most of Europe, Meowzer. I think only the Netherlands has legalized it to some exctent.

As far as I'm concerned I think that we might as well legalize it.
    That of course will have to come with alot of other things as well.
    Such as drug information at schools, good distrubutions chains, restrictions of usage, and so on.
    I belive that weed isn't more of a nuisance then alcohol, and since we already have that and aren't willing to give it up we might as well give pot a chance.
  • No they shouldn't but in this part of Canada they have. I guess the governmetn got samrt and is now going to make a pretty penne out of it.

• On one hand, I think it would be a good idea to legalize it,..... for real medicinal purposes (MadMan!) heh heh There are many out there, for example, with cancer who get radiation and chemo who are, meanwhile, now nauseated all the time and without any appetite at all and withering away to nothing. A LEGAL joint from time to time can be helpful in easing their discomfort, and the 'munchies' would be a greatly appreciated bonus.

On the other hand, let the government get ahold of it, and it really wouldn't just be marijuana anymore. Remember back when tobacco used to be TOBACCO!?!? These days, when you buy cigarettes, you're also buying lots of chemicals and crap too. If you want to smoke tobacco, you'd better know how to grow and roll your own!! :blink:

I'd have to go along with legalizing it, as long as it's legal to grow your own too...... for medicinal purposes, and not let the government get their grubby paws into it and turn it into CRAP like cigarettes are now!!!

(forgive my lack of eloquence at the moment, I just woke up!)
  • Legalizing weed isnt a good idea despite the many benefactors. It is less addictive and helps alot of people when they are sick. It makes people laugh and it makes them hungry. But, to legalize a drug that almost everybody enjoys isnt a good idea. I think it is wrong because I wouldnt want to see stoners everywhere especially when im driving. It is good for many reasons but it couldnt stand seeing people stoned and lighting up joints. :blink:
  • I say legalise it (after a period of decriminalisation when appropriate government regulated supply structures can be set up).

Millions of people in the UK and US smoke it anyway. In all the places I
  • I vote yes. I deal a drug far more dangerous, alcohol.
  • I think Mr. Macky will have to answer this one for me.

"Drugs are bad mkay...so don't do drugs cuz...drugs are bad mkay?"
  • [quote]Originally posted by Steve F STAFF@Feb 25 2003, 03:45 PM
    [b] Some people seem to think that everybody would instantly become stoners if it was legalised
  • Originally posted by Kaver@Feb 25 2003, 07:54 AM
    No they shouldn't but in this part of Canada they have.

What part of Canada are you from? I know that pot has been decriminalized here in Ontario, but not legalized.

I say legalise it (after a period of decriminalisation when appropriate government regulated supply structures can be set up).[/b]

I agree with ya there Steve, but one thing to add... after it is legalized tax it all to sh!t the same way tobacco has.
  • No. It should be banned.
    It has proven it does do permanent brain damage.
    I know a few kids in high school that died from it. :(
  • I say yes........I've got too many friends setting around in jail cells or on 30 year probations or some crazy crap like that, for getting caught with a little of the green stuff

I know alot of places are alot more lax on their laws reguarding drug offenders, here it's a felony and they dont hesitate to fill up our prisions with people who just wanted to smoke a doobie

NOW WHO THE FLUCK WERE THEY HARMING WITH THAT?!?!?! :angry:
  • All of you that voted Yes you can set there and tell me that you would fill safe know that stoners could drive around high as a kite. You must not have kids. I don't see the prob with every now and again but I see people I went to high school with and one of them can't even tie his shoes. How f#$ked up is that. And it was because of weed granted weed and other this like pcp and stuff but weed opens the doors.
  • Originally posted by flamingchopper@Mar 1 2003, 01:55 PM
    granted weed and other this like pcp and stuff but weed opens the doors.

Complete load of crap.

People don't have a few joints and then think "hmm, this weed makes me want to go & shoot up some
    heroin. Yes, I do belive shall go out & get some now." The things that "open the doors" are the
    the dealers & pushers that people go to if they want to buy some weed. They're salesmen, people go
    to them for one of their products and end up getting thrown a pitch on how good their other stuff is &
    how much better their life would be with it.

Now, if it's distribution is cotrolled by the government, this kind of thing would decrease dramatically.

I don't know about anyone else but, when I went into a shop to buy a pouch of tobacco, the shop
    keeper never once said things like "You think that sh*t's good? You should should try some of these
    cigars. They're real toxic sh*t, just got 'em off the wagon yesterday. You sure you don't some? How
    'bout just one then? Yeah, just have one, you'll see. They're all the rage over in....." and so on & so forth.
  • I am not saying one or two J's and then to the hard sh!t. I am saying that after the year of smokeing weed he got to the pount that he could not get high off of just weed so he went to harder things.
  • Originally posted by flamingchopper@Feb 28 2003, 10:55 PM
    All of you that voted Yes you can set there and tell me that you would fill safe know that stoners could drive around high as a kite. You must not have kids.

I voted yes and I have two, a seven year old and a two month old.

How would this be any different than it is now with drunk drivers?
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Mar 1 2003, 02:04 PM

I voted yes and I have two, a seven year old and a two month old.

How would this be any different than it is now with drunk drivers?

Got to agree with Rex on this one, why aren't you campaigning for alcohol to be made illeagal then FC, could it be because you like a drink from time to time perhaps.

I'm voting yes on this one as well if you hadn't guessed. But lets make sure it's done in the right way through decriminalisation first. Introduce proper controls and legislation and then tax the hell out of it.

I've also spent some time in Holland, not to mention a fair few other places, and I can certainly agree that the Dutch have a very responcible attitude to it. You can get busted for smoking it in public other than proscribed cafes so it's not like everyone's wandering around giggling to themselves hunting out munchies all day.

I say follow their example and allow people to make their own choice, they already do anyway so why punish them for it, alcohol would still cause more violence and kill more people every year so why not give them a legally acceptable alternative to alter their mindstate when they want to?
  • Originally posted by flamingchopper@Feb 28 2003, 10:55 PM
    All of you that voted Yes you can set there and tell me that you would fill safe know that stoners could drive around high as a kite.

but weed opens the doors.

I dont know about anybody else, but i'd feel alot safer with some stoned out hippie driving 2 miles an hour cruising around as opposed to some blazing drunk redneck in his muscle car doing 120 thru the residential

and my opinion of weed being the gateway drug...................when someone smokes that joint, they've already broke the law so why the hell not......and another reason is the crowd people are forced to deal with in order to buy the stuff...usually not the most savory of characters
  • I voted HELL NO

...but let's face it...if it is legalized, it will be pushed by a politician who cares not about the people, but by the deep-pockets that contribute to their campaigns.
  • I say yes!

Then it might ruduce crimes................. :rules:
  • Originally posted by Spike666@Sep 7 2003, 04:29 AM
    Then it might ruduce crimes................. :rules:

How exactly.
  • If it was legalised maybe drug dealers would have one less drug to push. The price of it might be set roughly the same as cigarettes and I assume this price wouldn't be the same as the drug dealers sell it for. Then people wouldn't have to steal to feed for their habit.
  • If it was legalised maybe drug dealers would have one less drug to push.[/b]

That's a great idea.While were at it let's make murder legal so crime will go down.

The price of it might be set roughly the same as cigarettes and I assume this price wouldn't be the same as the drug dealers sell it for.Then people wouldn't have to steal to feed for their habit.[/b]

If I remember correctly marihuana costs only a little more than cigarettes.Besides, it's such a cheap drug that the majority of the people don't steal for it to begin with.When marihuana lead to heroin and other drugs that cost more, that's when people start stealing.Not to mention that most of the people who use marihuana have a paying job.Legalising marihuana would only pave the road for harder drugs, making more people steal in the first place
  • I would not know. Cos I hate cigarettes and beer is not for me. So I couldn't give a toss if the tax on them was through the roof. I have asthma and it makes me feel bad, when some one lights up. Anyway everything is addictive and people do crimes for money. Yes partly to buy drugs, but not all the time. I think its the other way round. I think they steal to pay the bills not to buy the thrills. :think:
  • I would not know.[/b]

If you do not know, then do not say.

[quote]Anyway everything is addictive and people do crimes for money. Yes partly to buy drugs, but not all the time. I think its the other way round. I think they steal to pay the bills not to buy the thrills.
  • Originally posted by Knowze Gungk+Feb 28 2003, 09:54 PM-->QUOTE(Knowze Gungk @ Feb 28 2003, 09:54 PM)
    [quote] <!--QuoteBegin-flamingchopper</i>
    @Mar 1 2003, 01:55 PM
    granted weed and other this like pcp and stuff but weed opens the doors.

Complete load of crap.

[/b][/quote]
    I strongly disagree with you, KG.

While it may not be a gateway drug for everyone*, if you survey those who are addicted to drugs that aren't prescribed, nearly all will tell you they started with pot. Pot is absolutely a gateway drug. Alcohol and tobacco are also gateway drugs. I know this because the surveys and studies have been taken since the '60s and they all read the same. The only real difference has been in the classification of marijuana and in the potency. The common marijuana today is many times more potent that the common marijuana of 20 years ago, and the premium bud is probably 50-75 times more potent. Also, marijuana is in it's own classification now. It is no longer listed as a mild hallucinogen, as it has so many different physiological effects. One of the main effects is elevating blood pressure, and that can be dangerous to even the healthiest of people.

And Spike666, have you ever met a drug pusher ?

I think Baretta and Kojak cleaned all of those up long ago. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY needs to push drugs anymore. If you have drugs for sale, that information is enough. You needn't give away "tastes" or "freebies" and then charge the ones who come back for more. Drugs tend to advertise for themselves.

GK, take me at my word, pot costs a lot more than tobacco. You just can't buy 20 joints for the cost of a pack of smokes.

Two more things before I quit here:

1) I still don't care if it's legalized or not.

2) You folks keep saying "they." As in, when will they legalize it? You are the people who decide these things. Despite the last presidential outcome here in the U.S., elections decide these things. Get out and vote and do something about it. Write your congressman and senator. If you give a damn, do something about it, and quit debating about what "they" should do.

* just as everyone who takes drugs is not an addict, and everyone who drinks is not alcoholic.
  • [quote]GK, take me at my word, pot costs a lot more than tobacco.
  • i'd continue the debate, but i see very few facts, a good deal of misconceptions, and a lot of rhetoric. instead, i urge EVERYONE to research this and decide for him/herself
  • i sai to legalize the weed . on this days the weed is iligal but it as change someting??? i don
  • Personally, I don't think it would make a difference whether it was legalised or not.
    People have no problem obtaining marijuana as it is. If it's legalised the only difference that I can think of would be that, like cigarettes, you'd have to be over 18 to purchase (which still wouldn't make a difference), and there would probably be an increase in price.

For the record (Gabe), depending on who you buy from, marijuana costs about $20 per gram around here, which should work out to about 4 joints. I don't know how much other drugs cost, but that seems reasonably cheap to me.
  • I say make weed legal!
    Its a last resort painkiller for the dieing.
    Its also already used to treat MS
    And drug crime related to weed would be vastly reduced
  • :2cool: I really don't think it's a good idea to legalize pot. We already have problems with booze and cigs. ( well I can't stand cig smoke blown in my direction ) I already can't stand second hand smoke around me, and then pot smoke too??? I think not :fight:
    I don't have a problem giving sick people some buds to help them out.... they could legalize it for them.

Worf
  • Don't know if anyone touched this but what about second-hand smoke from pot? I don't want to get high because someone smokes it near me. I've seen kids who don't smoke it and come to class high, I don't want that. More importantly, I'll speak as a runner here, alot of people in the area as my team and I run smoke and we run though that coughing, some @$$holes blow it in our face on purpose and a few bikers follow us doing it. Now imagine this with pot. I'll won't know where to go and because I run by a canal, I could run in. I don't wanta walk back guys beacuse they got high from smoke. Also think of how much I'd eat! I eat enough with running, but add that with munchies? That'd be insane, and I'm only 120lbs!

So I dont wanta see it legalized, I only joke about smoking but I won't do it. Sure I'll go to amsterdam to take a picture of the pot shops, (show all the stoners in my school and they'd think its heaven) but I won't smoke any.

Have Fun Gaming! Don't Drink & Game!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion