• 1. Although it is very rare, it is possible for an adult to grow a second set of wisdom teeth.

2. When women are angry with a man, 40% of them throw their shoes.

3. Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better then men.

4. People who have never been married are seven and a half times to be admitted to a psychiatric facility than married.

5. Men do 29% of the laundry each week. Only 7% of women trust their husbands to do it correctly.

6. In 1609, a doctor named Wecker found a corpse in Bologna with two penises. Since then, there have been eighty documented cases of this condition.

7. The average bra size today is 36C whereas 10 years ago it was a 34B.

8. Anne Boleyn had six fingernails on one hand, but only five fingers on that hand. She had a small extra nail on the side of her finger that she kept hidden with long sleeves.

9. The average human produces 25,000 quarts of spit in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.

10. Every square inch of the human body has an average of 32 million bacteria on it.

11. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.

12. On average, a 4 year old child asks 437 questions a day.

13. No one knows why, but 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.

14. If we could shrink the Earth's population to a village of 100 people, with all existing human ratios remaining the same -- there would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the (North and South) Americas and 8 African Americans --
    50% of the entire worlds wealth would be in the hands of 6 people; those 6 would be citizens of the United states -- 70 would be unable to read -- 50 would suffer from malnutrition -- only one would have a college education.

15. Despite the many rat-infested slums in New York City, rats bite only 311 people in an average year. But 1,519 residents are bitten annually by other New Yorkers.

16. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.

17. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.

18. The foot absorbs 4 times your bodyweight when you run.

19. A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

20. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

21. In 1977, a 13-year-old kid found a tooth growing out of his left foot.

22. Since 1978, at least 37 people have died as a result of shaking vending machines, in an attempt to get free merchandise. More than 100 have been injured.

23. A 1997 Gallup poll found that about one in four American workers - 24 percent - said that if they could do so, they would fire their boss.

24. In 1996, Americans bought only 12 inches of dental floss per capita.

25. In a survey, it was discovered that married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.

26. Your body has to burn 22 to 25 calories to digest 100 grams of complex carbohydrates, but burns only two calories to digest the same amount of fat.

27. The average person perspires1.43 pints of moisture a day.

28. Your fingernails grow four times as fast as your toenails.

29. If you were freeze dried, like coffee, 90% of your weight would be the real you, and 10% would be the little critters that call your body their home.

30. According to one study, the average man spends 45 minutes looking for a gift for his spouse, but 3 hours on a gift for his boss. The average woman spends 15 minutes longer looking for a gift for the house pet than for her spouse.

31. If the normal one hundred thousand hairs on a head were woven into a rope, it could support a weight of more than twelve tons.

32. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.

33. If a human were a flea, they would be able to jump 1000 feet high.

34. Hong Kong has the second highest population density in the world, after Macao, at 5,677 people per square km. Macao's density is an incredible 31,063 persons per square km.

35. According to bacteriologist Theodor Rosebury, at least 80 distinguishable species of bacteria live in the human mouth alone.

36. Bacteriologist Theodor Rosebury estimates that 10 million individual bacteria live on the average square centimetre of human skin, describing the surface of the body as akin to a "teeming human population during Christmas shopping".

37. Scientists at the American Society of Microbiology discovered that while 95% of men and women say they wash their hands after using a public washroom, only 67% actually do.

38. In 1989 a government-funded study at the St. Louis Medical University determined that the human brain has receptor sites for THC to which no other known compounds will bind. Despite these findings, the DEA Director ordered that cannabis remain on the Schedule One narcotics list, reserved for drugs, which have no known medical use.

39. Women have about four times as many foot problems as men; lifelong patterns of wearing high heels often are the culprit.

40. The number of beneficial bacteria, or friendly flora, in the human intestine is equal to the amount of cells in a human body.

41. 18% to 22% of twins are left-handed compared with fewer than 10% for non-twins.

42. More than two-thirds of all the people who have ever lived over the age of 65 are still alive today.

43. Once women reach the age of 30 they lose 1% of their bone mass every year. By the time a women is 50 she will have lost 20% of her bone mass.

44. When you get home after a hard day at work, do your socks ever feel like they need to be wrung out before getting tossed in the hamper? There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet, and they excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day.

45. When to buy those cute little black satin pumps According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, shopping for shoes is best done in the afternoon. Your feet tend to swell a little during the day, so make sure those shoes are a comfortable fit at any time.

46. The brain makes up only 2 percent of an adult's weight but consumes 20 percent of the blood's oxygen supply.

47. Dr. Dember of the University of Cincinnati discovered in a research study that inhaling peppermint oil increased the mental accuracy of the students tested by 28%.

48. A person can expect to breathe in about 40 pounds of dust over their lifetime.

49. The surface area of the lungs is roughly the same size as a tennis court.

50. Did you know that you have more sensory neurons in your tongue than in any other part of your body?
  • Originally posted by Spike666@Aug 6 2003, 08:29 PM

2. When women are angry with a man, 40% of them throw their shoes.

OMG! HAHAHHAHAHA!!! I've done that!! That is sooooo funny!!! I can still picture the scene... :shy: well, I won't go into details, but that is just too darned funny!!!
  • Originally posted by Spike666+Aug 6 2003, 06:29 PM-->QUOTE(Spike666 @ Aug 6 2003, 06:29 PM)
    [quote] 13. No one knows why, but 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right. [/b]

That would be because in a typical department store (if I'm not mistaken) the GIRLS or WOMENS section is on the right...so why turn left (BOYS and MENS) or go straight (CASHIER)? That's my guess..another plausible option would be that the shopping carts are on the right...and you don't just walk into a store without grabbing a shopping cart. :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-Spike666</i>@Aug 6 2003, 06:29 PM
    50. Did you know that you have more sensory neurons in your tongue than in any other part of your body? [/quote]

Yes, I knew that, but that isn't near as much as your nose has. Half of what you taste is in what you smell.

I would also like to add something:

51. Being ticklish (spelling?) is only in your mind.
  • Originally posted by Spike666@Aug 7 2003, 11:29 AM
    12. On average, a 4 year old child asks 437 questions a day.

16. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.

20. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

12. I really feel sorry for the person/people who had to work on that statistic. Must have been truly frustrating.

16. That sounds about right for mine. I also feel sorry for the person that worked out that out.
    *Imagining this guy holding a speed gun out to the side, a guy sneezing. "Wow mate, you clocked 100 m/h. Well done"*

20. It would be Americans, wouldn't it. I mean, how do you get injured by a toilet? (I'll say this now, and you know what will happen...I'll get injured by a toilet. How would that be for justice?)
  • I been hurt by a toilet seat! :blink:

I am not telling how and when! But it hurt! :shy:
  • Originally posted by Crickettrules@Aug 9 2003, 04:28 AM
    20. It would be Americans, wouldn't it. I mean, how do you get [b]injured by a toilet? (I'll say this now, and you know what will happen...I'll get injured by a toilet. How would that be for justice?) [/b]

I wouldn't say it would work for justice..but I would say that you would probably be the first Non-American to be injured by a toilet seat. :woot:
  • I know someone who died in a toilet, it was in news................

no lie
  • 14. If we could shrink the Earth's population to a village of 100 people, with all existing human ratios remaining the same -- there would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the (North and South) Americas and 8 African Americans --
    50% of the entire worlds wealth would be in the hands of 6 people; those 6 would be citizens of the United states -- 70 would be unable to read -- 50 would suffer from malnutrition -- only one would have a college education.[/b]

I got a longer version of that one hanging in my home-office, just to remind me what might be normal.

The missing parts read:
    52 would be women
    30 would be white
    30 would be christians
    11 persons would be homosexuals
    80 persons live in inferior houses
    1 is close to being born
    1 is close to dying
    1 person owns a computer

I use those statistics (although they may be a bit out of date) when ever a person owning a computor uses the argument that homosexuality is not normal.