What's Your Soft Spot, Per Se?
  • Alright, so while babbling back and forth with a friend of mine over in Berlin tonight, I got to thinking about how it seems that every person has one little piece of music, television, or something of the sort that'll put tears in their eyes every time. I'm not talking bawling. I'm just talking a little wet-eyed. So hey, I figured it might be interesting to get a few opinions/answers and see if there's a pattern to it!

That friend, for instance, wells up every time she hears Agnus Dei, which, given, is a -very- somber song. Can be uber-depressing if accompanied with the right story/footage/etc.

Now me, being a geek and all...the one that gets me every time is the...third, fourth-to-last Cowboy Bebop episode. The portion where Ed leaves, set to the song "Call Me Call Me". With how much I love Ed as a character and with that great song to go with it, it just makes a really touching moment. ^^

Anyway, sorry to gush on you guys, but hey! I'm sure some people would be happy to share!

--KFH; delivering past midnight.
  • Aerosmith i dont wanna miss a thing - They played it at my friend marks funeral and it still gets me everytime. Cant listen to it all the way through

Hoobastank - The reason - Mine and tiffs song, Sat on Donington hill with a nice cold pint and the UKtorn flagaround us. Knew then it was love :wub:
  • Only movie to ever make me cry (so far..... I have my mother's genes when it comes to that).... Green Mile. Not only is it a good movie, but by the end, I couldn't hold back.

I have come close on other movies, and I've probably cried a few times due to anime and videogames. Damn, the more I think of it, the more I wish I didn't get the "crying" gene from my Mom... ^^;;
  • Have cried on
    -Cats and dogs
    -Monsters inc
    - Wallace and Gromit
    -Finding Nemo
    -Con Air (when he gets to his little girl @ the end - Oh the shame!!)

Tiff was in tears at the end of resident evil apocolypse when the nemisis dies lol!!! - And when the nissan skyline crashes on 2 fast 2 furious!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]61486[/snapback]
    And when the nissan skyline crashes on 2 fast 2 furious!
    [/b]

It wasn't a real R34 GT-R Skyline, it was a stunt car, really! it's was a Smart Car with a body kit! they would never do that to my Skyline! My dream car, my baby, my love (as well as Jane)

Jane forgot that I'm not allowed to watch X-Men 2 at the end when Jean Grey.................... sorry can't go on............but wait! she's back in the 3rd movie!! :clap:

the intro music to the silent hill games tend to prick the hairs on my back up
  • grown people crying over movies and games ?
    come on !!
  • I have shed a tear or two to the "You had me at hallo" scene in Jerry McGuire. It gets me every time. Not so much nowadays since I've seen it about 10 times...

Never did weep to music. A while ago I bought a bunch of classic lovesongs that I used to listen to back in my early teens, I was out to catch that feelign you got when you slow danced with the girl you were sectretly in love with. But alas, I did not get sentimental and tear eyed at all. All they did was make me somewhat, shall we say "passionate".
  • QUOTE(A-J @ Apr 21 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]61502[/snapback]

grown people crying over movies and games ?
    come on !!
    [/b]

AHA!! *calls Mulder and Scully*
  • The only soft spot that i have is a bit of boggy ground at the bottom of the garden. Its easily dug so manys a thing has found its last resting place there.

tho i am slightly worried that in a few thousand years they will discover the missing link between fish, birds and hamsters.....na sod it i wont be there so i wont care.

:devilish:

• Being the eternal cynic that I am, I rarely show much emotion. However a coulpe of scenes have made me light a cig and pull the old smoke in the eyes gig.

Mask : When Rocky graduated high school and the big biker who never talked managed painfully to stutter " I'm proud of you"

I am Sam : That movie just hammered on all sorts of emotions.
  • QUOTE(Majik @ Apr 21 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]61517[/snapback]

The only soft spot that i have is a bit of boggy ground at the bottom of the garden. Its easily dug so manys a thing has found its last resting place there.

tho i am slightly worried that in a few thousand years they will discover the missing link between fish, birds and hamsters.....na sod it i wont be there so i wont care.

:devilish:

[/b]

It's going to be like that thing they dug up in The League of Gentlemen which was made from all the animals in the petting zoo! :laugh:

Back on topic, you can guarantee I'll blub like a sentimental old twit at the end of the Spaced documentary, Skip to the End. *sniffs*

In fact, just listening to The Staunton Lick by Lemon Jelly makes me well up, but in a happy way.

• I have to agree with ya Odd, the end of Con Air brought a slight tear to my eye too!

I'm kinda funny when it comes to shedding a tear. I can sit through the saddest movie and not feel a thing but an super action title like Con Air will do something to me.

A lot of times if I can see myself in the situation that is what does it to me. If the movie is nothing that I can relate to then I just don't care what happens to the character. Hopefully someone gets shot or blown up just so I can say that the movie at least had something cool in it and it wasn't a waste of two hours out of my life.

• The only movie that I can remember crying to recently was "The Passion of The Christ" and I cried both tears of joy and sorrow.

I do get teary eyed when I visit the grave of our last dog, Killer. He was our friend and companion for 16 years. It makes me sad every time I think about his last day with us and that will usually bring on tears.