Best Ps2 Game
  • i think the best game is ffx.tell me what your ''Other'' is.
    thnx :lol:
  • QUOTE(RIKUROCKS @ Sep 20 2003, 11:11 PM) [snapback]60694[/snapback]

i think the best game is ffx.tell me what your ''Other'' is.
    thnx :lol:
    [/b]

Being a racing fan, it would have to be the Gran Turismo series for me (pick any one)

Also, love the Resident Evil series as I always want to play them to the very end.

Metal Gear Solid is right up their for me too, they are always pushing the boundaires of gaming with these games - the next one one the PS3 already looks amazing.
  • Polls like this are never accurate as which is "best" depends on a person's particular likes/dislikes. Myself, I'm more for the action/platformer games so out of the ones you listed by name I'd be saying Ratchet & Clank. But I'd have to say I preferred Sly Cooper more than it as it was more of an actual action/platformer while Ratched relied on the shooting action.
  • Why no Metal gear or Resident evil's in there ?
  • i second that. But if i had to choose, out of this list FFVII
  • QUOTE(ChandooG @ Apr 14 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]60983[/snapback]
    Why no Metal gear or Resident evil's in there ? [/b]

That's why the "other" option isn't it? Pick that and reply with your own pick. ;)
  • At the moment its Resident Evil 4 - im playing it thru for the 100th time!!!! When did Leon get sexy????? I now understand the whole lusting after video game people!!!!

PLus me and tiff live about 40 miles from a church that looks just like the one out of the game - scares the hell outta me when we drive past it!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm leon grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • I vote other!

Resident Evil 4 (NGC is much better graphics & controls, but PS2 it up there)
    Burnout Series
    Buzz!
    Guitar Hero
    Shadow of the Colosuss (made me cry at the end) :blush:

As for the Resident Evil Church, it even has the little farm near by & a big old mansion type house. I've driven past it at night time & last really creepy :devilish: too scary to take pictures at the moment as there's a farmer always out with a pitchfork & a fire burning at the back
  • QUOTE(Tiff @ Apr 16 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]61169[/snapback]

As for the Resident Evil Church, it even has the little farm near by & a big old mansion type house. I've driven past it at night time & last really creepy :devilish: too scary to take pictures at the moment as there's a farmer always out with a pitchfork & a fire burning at the back
    [/b]

So they're filming a new Children of the Corn then? ^^;

In any case, I don't really have a favorite game per se, but I'll just go with Kingdom Hearts II for now as it is the most fun I've had with a game in a while, with Dragon Quest VIII closely behind after I spent 97 hours just to beat the main story.

Overall, I heart most roleplaying games that aren't $9 budget dealies.
  • Had to vote "other"

"God of War" people ! Blood, gore, amazing moves and of coarse excellent story.
  • One word:

ICO

:D
  • What about "BLACK"........ Definitely PS2's best FPS.
  • Well, reading all of the games people have pointed out to be the best game that there ever was/is on the PS2 console is quite... irrelevant and not needed. What I am trying to say is, nonetheless, that there are just too many game genres to pinpoint the best game of all times. Of course that I could point some games that really are the best of their genre, such as:

- Racing Simulator: Gran Turismo 4, Burnout Revenge.
    - Strategy Role Playing Game: Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle: Tactics, Makai Kingdom (I only stated these as the PS2 lacks much SRPGs).
    - Role Playing Game: Final Fantasy X (Some key factors prevented me from saying that FFX-2 is one of the best RPGs and can't say much about FFXII, cause haven't read much about it), Dragon Quest VIII: The Journey Of The Cursed King, Kingdom Hearts (and the up-coming Kingdom Hearts II)
    - 3D Beat 'em up: Tekken 5, Soul Calibur III.
    - 2D Beat 'em up: Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, The King Of Fighters 2003 (again, PS2 lacks good 2D Beat 'em ups, but GGX2 #Reload is certainly the best there is).
    - Action/Adventure: Shadow Of The Collosus, ICO, Ratchet & Clank (the whole saga), Jak & Daxter (the whole saga once again, even though it got named to Jak in it's second game).

Well, these are some examples, I'll had some later on. ;x

• Didn't see anything I thought was outstanding in the poll so I hit other. GTA San Andreas gets my vote along with MGS Snake Eater followed closely by the Rachet & Clank and Jak series :g:
  • I voted other, I dont think Ive even played any of those Ps2 games. Here are some games that I would say I enjoyed the most though;

+GTA : San Andreas
    +Tiger Woods Golf 2004 (Not sure of the exact name, its my girlfriends dad's game)
    +The LOTR games
    +Buldurs Gate

Thats a pretty good list I think
  • Okay, I am sure most of you could tell for sure what my vote would be. I have advocated for the game for a long time...but before I say it..I gotta nitpick. :harhar:

Final Fantasy VII is a Playstation game. Not EXCLUSIVELY Playstation 2.
    If I were to vote for a Playstation game, it would be Final Fantasy VII..no contest.
    Great story, great characters, great battle system...just all around a good game.

But since this is a Playstation 2 thread...

Katamari Damasy.
    Gathering huge balls of absolute junk and creating planets and stars with it? :huh: It makes logistically no sense, which is why it appeals to me. Not to mention also that I like to dance to the voice of the great King of the Cosmos. My best friend and I boogie to his voice which sounds similar to that of stopped records. ^_^

Man, now I wanna go play that game. Too bad I don't have a Playstation 2 of my own.
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ Jun 5 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]65183[/snapback]

+GTA : San Andreas
    +Tiger Woods Golf 2004 (Not sure of the exact name, its my girlfriends dad's game)
    +The LOTR games
    +Buldurs Gate

Thats a pretty good list I think

[/b]

Agreed there Lethal, bar the LOTR series... they just gave me a headache.

I was thinking about my best games so far and it was actually difficult to come up with a list but here are some that come to mind even tho there are pretty old ones in there.....

Half Life
    Freedom Fighters - a bit easy but brilliant game
    SSX Tricky
    GT4
    Black
    Rogue Trooper
    The whole 'Forgotten Wrealms' series - Boulders Gate, Champions, etc.
    James Bond - From Russia with Love
    GTA, series
    Pro Evo series
    Oh my GOD of WAR - new year will see No' 2... cant wait :notworthy:
  • I must say, god of war.
    It really was just epic :boxing:

The whole greek theme felt so right and you were in places you'd known about since childhood speaking to the fabled gods.
    Can't wait for #2 B)
  • After having played all the games in the world for PS2 I have come to the conclusion that "Pro Evolution Soccer 4" is the best game.
    ^_^
  • How does one pick a favorite? We really enjoy the Gran Tourismo series. Hot Shots golf is a lot of fun. All but the last Tomb Raider game (AOD was a bit disappointing). Not only is Katamari Damacy somewhat addictive, we have to watch the whole game intro every time and have often been heard (attempting) to sing the title song. Have played both the Baldurs Gate games and the Norrath ones also to death and Medal of Honour is popular here too, as well as Ace Combat. Gotta have a little NHL hockey. I picked up Harvest Moon for the childeren too. They don't understand why I won't touch it but man, that game is nothing but work, work work! I wish there would be a new Civilization game put out for the PS 2. Civ 2 is one of my more played games but as a PS 1 game can't be included here. I know such games are best on PC I'm a console gamer at heart. Too many games, not enough time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion