Currently Listening To ?
  • With the explosion of Ipods, MP3's and downloading music from the internet, it seems like everyone is listening to music again - which is great !

So what are you currently listening to ?

In a bit of a retro mode at the moment as so the music I am listening to is from the 80-90's

Depeche Mode - Remixes 81-04

Its one of those albums that sounds amazing in the car somehow gets you to your destination a little bit faster. Combination of dance music with some great lyrics - I think both young and old would enjoy their stuff. Some of their most remembered track include:

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
    PERSONAL JESUS
    MASTER AND SERVANT

... I didn't like them much first time around, but I find that its the same for quite a bit of the older music
  • I've been listening to B.B. King as of late. I bought a 2-CD collection a while ago and started listening to it recently. Great stuff.

I've also got the ever so wonderful Rancid in my earphones. Their first two albums.

Odd as it might seem I've also listen to alot of mandolin based Bluegrass. See I found this mandolin in a garbage bin (yes I'm not to proud to go dumpster diving) and thought that I might as well take it home and learn how to play it. So I got me some tunes to learn from. The missus did not approve however so now I sort of just listen to that Hillbilly music alot and play the mandolin when shes not home.
  • On my mp3 player - ihave been mostly listening to

Nick Cave
    METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and rammstein

• I am currently listening to Rhett Akins alot. Something about the whole rebelious redneck attitude.
  • I downloaded the MGS 3 ending credits song a little while ago

"Way to Fall" by StarSailor

and thats what im listening to right now.
  • I've been listening to alot of Choking Victim, Capdown, Sublime and a local band The Heatskores.
  • I peeved off Jane yesterday as I let slipped that I'll be getting my new I-Pod Nano Tuesday to replace my current one, but can understand why she was moaning cause I bought her a Creative Zen for her birthday as all her family has one (I'm sticking to Apple stuff, more sexy & fits well in my climbing gear)

On current MP3 player I have

Therapy?
    Lacuna Coil
    Metallica
    Rammstein (Tiff's excellent mixes)
    Nine Black Alps
    Slipknot
    Alter Bridge
    Aiden (I know it's EMO!!)
    Fightstar (what the hell?? ex-busted sounding f**cking good!!)
    Nightwish
    Arch Enemy
    Slayer
    Jean Michel Jarre
    Soil
    Shadows Fall
    Trivium

and some other rock'ier stuff like Kaiser Chiefs etc...... but no COLD PLAY!!!
  • Oi, I don't even know how to answer this one! I usually just sit down at the computer and throw on my Top 100 playlist that ranges from game soundtracks to anime soundtracks, to friggin' Barry Manilow.

Don't make me post the list!

At this very moment, though, I've got Eve 6 going! ^^
  • Been listening to Disterbed and Sether allot over the past few weeks altho at the begining of the year I went diverse and got totally into R&B... 50 cent and the likes, there words are so pimping, heh heh, got to love it.
  • Well I must say I am the most original of the bunch here... I listen to FM96, my local new rock station. I rarely listen to CD, I don't own a MP3 player. I have never downloaded a song or burnt a CD. Call me old fashioned but I like the radio. :punk:
  • Radio can be nice, too! That way the songs that come up are less predictable. I just don't have a radio around here anyplace, sadly!

Good station up in Bowling Green, though! 91.7FM! Local campus radio station. ^^
  • Got me new sexy black nano today & have uploaded so far

Godsmack - IV
    Grip Inc. - Incorpoprated / Power of inner strength
    Lacuna Coil - Karmacode
    System of a Down - Mezmerize / Hypnotize
    Throwdown - You Don't Have to be Blood to be Family
    Nick Cave - Live at Newcastle SAGE 2005

Got more to put on, but being picky as got a load of new bands & albums to select & that should keep me going for a month.
  • Well I'm currently into watching Initial D lately and the theme songs they used were very exciting.. I listen them when I'm on my way to school.

Rex77's idea is quite true. Listening to radio can be much fun than cd's well who knows you might end up listening to some music that you are dying to find it's cd in the store. :D
  • These days I am listening to Country or heavy metal from the 80's and 90's.
    And watching video's on my 600 watt sub woofer music system on my PC :devilish: :ph34r:
    Love my kick butt PC system......

Worf
  • Trivium
    Lacuna Coil
    Metallica
    HIM
    The 69 Eyes
    Moonsorrow
    She wants Revenge
    Rammstein
    Depeche Mode
    Slayer
  • At this very moment, while I toil away doing meaningless tasks known as writing a story, I am listening to Korn - Korn, and the song is track 4 - Clown.

Edit 5:41pm: Lacuna Coil - Swamped
  • with the best part of 80 Gb of ripped music on one of my harddrives (much of it put there by the missus) its possible that i could listen to a 12 different genres in an hour, i have just had Joss Stone, John Lee Hooker, Elvis Presley, Dubstar, Enigma, Daft Punk and right now Bill Haley and the Comets.

God knows what i will be hearing next!!

Oh fug, its Billy Ray Cyrus!! :censored:

• Most recent thing I listened to was the Myst IV soundtrack. Astoundingly good, but a bit geeky. :blush:
  • QUOTE(Kentucky_Fried_Hippie @ Apr 18 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]61284[/snapback]

Radio can be nice, too! That way the songs that come up are less predictable.

^^

[/b]

Sometimes I find the radio to be, maybe not predictable but they play the same songs over and over till the song is dead.....

I'm in the middle east at the moment, the radion stations suk and the CD in the rental car doesn't work :censored: Need to get some speakers for the PSP and blast some mp3's.
  • Lately I have been into the John Mayer, Jack Johnson, and Dave Mathews style. I like a lot of underground rock too. My sister made me a mixed cd with a lot of great songs on it, but I don't know who they are, lol.
  • Richard Cheese - Lounge Against the Machine! :59:

I love Dick! :tongue:
  • Well, since my PC has a limited amount of space, I am restricted to some albums, which all of them, I think are great. They consist of:

- Kamelot: The Fourth Legacy, Dominion & Epica
    - Hellsing OST Raid & Ruins
    - Dream Theater: Train Of Thought & Metropolis Part. 2
    - Godsmack: Full Discography
    - Iced Earth: Burnt Offerings & Horror Show
    - Lacuna Coil: Karmacode & Unleased Memories
    - Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction
    - Pantera: Cowboys From Hell
    - Slayer: Reign In Blood ( 28 Minutes of Pure Ownage ;.; )
    - Sonata Artica: For The Sake Of Revenge
    - System Of A Down: Full Discography
    - Arch Enemy: Full Discography

And that's abou it. If only I could find some other albuns, I'd be happy. ;D
  • Lately, whenever we get together, a friend of mine who always has the best obscure, low-profile music out there has been bringing the same CD over and over again and -dayum- is it good!

So, to anybody who is willing to try something out of the ordinary, try...

Mogwai!

Good band. Album I'm listening to is called 'Mr. Beast'.
  • In heavy rotation...

Aborted - The Archaic Abattoir
    Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life
    Carpathian Forest - Strange Old Brew
    Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
    Emperor - In the Nightshade Eclipse
    Gorgoroth - Full Discography
    Immortal - Battles in the North
    Marduk - Full Discography
    Napalm Death - The Code is Red... Long Live the Code
    Zyklon - World Ov Worms
  • Mudvayne- Happy
    Korn- Twisted Transiser
    Gorillaz- something inc ( can't remember the name)
  • Godspeed You Black Emperor - "Yanqui Uxo". Also using it as soundtrack to TS3. Labelled as ProgRock but is a fusion of gentle rock and ambient, with a touch of Floyd thrown in for good measure.

Also on my playlist of late has been Talvin Singh - "OK".
    And of course, Voltaire, who is never off for very long!
  • HIM - my mate laura and carl went to see them in newcastle on monday (after i had sold her the tix coz they changed the date and we couldnt make it) and she was rinigning ALLL night so i could listen :crybaby: So now i been listening to them in the car

Oh and scott mills and chris moyles on radio 1! Funny buggers!!!
  • Gods help me, I am becoming an uber-geek. I can't get away from game soundtracks!

I downloaded the first Silent Hill OST which is amazing - very industrial in places, but very melodic and melancholic in others.

And The Longest Journey OST, which is being offered as a free download on the Funcom website, is OUTSTANDING. It's a mixture of beautiful ambient sounds (think Orb circa Little Fluffy Clouds) and modern classical. With a bit of panpipes thrown in for good measure.
  • QUOTE(hangoverqueen @ Apr 28 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]61838[/snapback]

Gods help me, I am becoming an uber-geek. I can't get away from game soundtracks!

I downloaded the first Silent Hill OST which is amazing - very industrial in places, but very melodic and melancholic in others.

And The Longest Journey OST, which is being offered as a free download on the Funcom website, is OUTSTANDING. It's a mixture of beautiful ambient sounds (think Orb circa Little Fluffy Clouds) and modern classical. With a bit of panpipes thrown in for good measure.
    [/b]

Downloaded Silent Hill soundtrack? ooooo you naughty girl, should pay for Akira's works, SH3 soundtrack is very good as ringtones. I've got a good collection of the SH soundtracks & just downloaded a mega file worth of sound effects taken from the gamesv along with the .pdf comics
  • I just keep my iPod on shuffle songs, and let it play through the 1500+ songs I have on there, I have such a wide taste in music though, there really is a bit of almost everything on there I'll listen to.

Example: last 3 songs are:

Eminem - Guilty Conscience

Prodigy - Out of Space

Phil Collins - Easy Lover

:59:

The Gnarls Barkly song Crazy is very popular on my iPod right now though, just brilliant.

Could happily spend all day listening just to music, I'd happily turn off the TV and just bop along to some tunes!
  • I typically listen to a mix of songs on my iPod shuffle, but the past five songs have been the following:

Le Disko-Shiny Toy Guns
    Puttin' on The Ritz-Shiny Toy Guns
    Coin Operated Boy-The Dresden Dolls
    Beverly Hills-Weezer
    Don't Say You Love Me-M2M
  • Am getting in the mood for donington so

Soil - Scars
    Metalllica - St anger
  • Well, I have been on a real country kick as of late, and I will play this song 3 times before I get to work in the A.M.

Kiss my country @$$ by Rhett Akins :devilish:
  • I got given Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals by a friend today.... hasn't left my ears.

QUOTE(oddish182000 @ May 8 2006, 02:24 AM) [snapback]62507[/snapback]

Metalllica - St anger
    [/b]

I think this is the cr@pest work they have ever done ! What the he!! happened to Kirk's originality and speedy fingers all over that axe ?!?!?!? Seems he may have visited the bathroom to powder his nose a few to many times.

• Bah, I can't stand Manson. He seems to be the type of person you either like or hate.

Right now I'm listening to some Sublime. They have some pretty good tunes.
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ May 9 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]62626[/snapback]

I got given Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals by a friend today.... hasn't left my ears.
    I think this is the cr@pest work they have ever done ! What the he!! happened to Kirk's originality and speedy fingers all over that axe ?!?!?!? Seems he may have visited the bathroom to powder his nose a few to many times.
    [/b]

I do agree, but don't. St. Anger song writing wise was spot on! It was the production values that let it down. Lars snar-less drums? No guitar solos? (but on tour they do have solo's in the St. Anger sessions) But after over 15 years of Bob Rock producing, 95% of the Metallica fans (and Metclub members) have totaly aggreed that there new producer Rick Rubin, YES RICK F**KIN RUBIN MY GOD & SAVOUR!!! will have some hard work with the boyz as they set the standard 20 years ago with Master of Puppets and since then they been changing there style every album. They got the style that works very well now that Bob picked up on after the Justice album, but I know that rick will turn them back into Arena Gods again. Come on! the Load tour?? (as seen on Cunning Stunts DVD) I was at one of those gigs, right at the front & still think that was one of the best gigs I've been to apart from Metallica - Justice Tour & Rammstein - Reise, Reise tour........

My bit done!

Listening to.....

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam (mint!)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium (brill!)
    Soil - True Self
    Godsmack - IV
  • I cannot wait till donington to see if they pull out some new tracks that they been working on - Am taking thwe loo roll coz i will p!ss myself!!
    I wanna get up front this time - closest i was when i saw them in london - NOT CLOSE ENOUGH!!!

St Anger stands alone as a great album - Am glad theyve booted rock off tho as think they were getting a bit lazy in that department. Christ its He!! of a lot better than Reload!!!!

Kirk wasnt in the bathroom buting his face on :censored: He was busy, thinking of me!!! Is it only me that realises he is the one for me lol!!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ May 10 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]62718[/snapback]

St Anger stands alone as a great album - Am glad theyve booted rock off tho as think they were getting a bit lazy in that department. Christ its He!! of a lot better than Reload!!!!
    [/b]

I kinda liked Reload <_< <br />
    What about Megadeth.... they used to totally ROCK ! The albums after Cryptic Writings got so lame.... Dave Mustane alway's singing (b!tching) about how his girlfriend dumped him, so sad. They should all go back to the old days of 'Kill em All' when Dave was part of Metallica.

I'm still listening to M Manson today, love his music..... he's such a whack job !
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ May 10 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]62729[/snapback]

I kinda liked Reload <_< <br />
    What about Megadeth.... they used to totally ROCK ! The albums after Cryptic Writings got so lame.... Dave Mustane alway's singing (b!tching) about how his girlfriend dumped him, so sad. They should all go back to the old days of 'Kill em All' when Dave was part of Metallica.
    I'm still listening to M Manson today, love his music..... he's such a whack job !
    [/b]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Metallica's works. Hell I'll get the living crap beated out of me from another forum (and not to mention Jane as well) when we all meet me on June 10th. The Load sessions are brill bits of work & goes to show that after hard work you can turn a bit of crap into something polished. Jane & our song from the session is "King Nothing" Pity they don't play much from the Load Albums live very much.

Your right about Megadeth, went all MTV Rockpop after Cryptic Writings & the less said about Risk the better. I do like "The World Needs Another Hero", Return to the Hanger is just classic early stuff :punk: I've only seen them once live when they did the album So far, So good, So What. and missed there last ever European gig last year at Download 05, but there back in the studio, in England of all dumbass places recording new stuff. WHY? Dave has his own studio!

Listening to -

Tool - 10,000 Days
  • Shock! I have relaxed the constant flow of blinding savage metal coming from my speakers over the last few days and have been chowing down on practically anything that is on my computer. I have media player set on random with "All Audio" selected so Im getting techno, punk, rock, classic rock, metal, country, comedy stuff. Absolutely everything. I need a break from pure metal sometimes, I know I will be back there sometime soon though. :punk:
  • ferry corsten - its time (radio edit).
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 11 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]62825[/snapback]

I need a break from pure metal sometimes, I know I will be back there sometime soon though. :punk:
    [/b]

Happened to me a while back. I spent some time at a place called "Dino's Beach Bar" in Mozambique. Amazing place, very chill. They play chill tech jazz and that sort of thing, Cafe' del Mar etc. Got me totally hooked on that.

Metal will alway's be the root of my music taste tho so always go back to it :punk:

Listening to Drowning Pool now.......
  • It's starting to look like no-one is going to be able to relate here, but I've been on a total Latino kick the past few years. That's all I listen to!!

Juanes
    Luis Fonsi
    Alex Ubago
    La Secta Allstar
    La Oreja de Van Gogh
    Chayanne
    Los Lonely Boys

Those are just some of my current favourites. :blush:
  • I recently got a copy of a local metal bands promo LP. Their name is Imminent Psychosis and they rock!... HARD! Anyway, thats who I am listening to.
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ May 15 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]63217[/snapback]

It's starting to look like no-one is going to be able to relate here, but I've been on a total Latino kick the past few years. That's all I listen to!!

Juanes
    Luis Fonsi
    Alex Ubago
    La Secta Allstar
    La Oreja de Van Gogh
    Chayanne
    Los Lonely Boys

Those are just some of my current favourites. :blush:
    [/b]

Oh speedie. I LOVE Los Lonely Boys. My boyfriend plays Volverte a Ver occasionally when it's time to say goodbye. :) Never actually heard Juanes, but my cousins rant and rave about how awesome he is.

Currently I'm listening to the Soundtrack to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I love those songs. :wub:
  • Have today been on a Retro U2 kick with

- Achtung baby!

One of the best albums ever !!! :clap: I sang along ALL the way too work!!
  • Who mentioned retro?

These are the ones I listened to on the ride home from the train station...

Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Hit me with your Rhythm Stick

Concrete Blonde - Joey

Jason and the Scorchers - White Lies, Golden Ball & Chain

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Angel City - Take Me Away to Marseilles

The Blasters - Marie, Marie
  • QUOTE(RedKenny @ May 15 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]63233[/snapback]

Oh speedie. I LOVE Los Lonely Boys. My boyfriend plays Volverte a Ver occasionally when it's time to say goodbye. :) Never actually heard Juanes, but my cousins rant and rave about how awesome he is.

Currently I'm listening to the Soundtrack to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I love those songs. :wub:

[/b]

Volverte a Ver is by Juanes. That's the only one you've heard from him? Yeah, he's got style alright!!
    Love the song that he does called Tu Guardian. It's on the same cd as Volverte a Ver, cd titled Mi Sangre.
    That song, Tu Guardian, is sooooo beautiful!!! I'm guessing that he wrote it for his child, 'cause the way it's worded sounds like a lullaby... However that's just a guess, 'cause I don't even know if he's married or has kids.
    If you want to see what he looks like, click on me to check out my profile, that's a pic of him as my "Personal Photo"! :wub:
  • QUOTE(WreckinBall @ May 20 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]63506[/snapback]

Who mentioned retro?

These are the ones I listened to on the ride home from the train station...

Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Hit me with your Rhythm Stick

Concrete Blonde - Joey

Jason and the Scorchers - White Lies, Golden Ball & Chain

Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Angel City - Take Me Away to Marseilles

The Blasters - Marie, Marie
    [/b]

Must be Retro weekend as at work some bright idiot dropped the radio & only could tune into a small station, but WTF? Sham 69, The Jam, The Kinks, Toy Dolls, Pink Floyd & The Who!!!!

My break was over due a little bit! :D

• Well, it seems surprising, but I'm actually starting to know Depeche Mode a lot better...for some stupid reason I cast them aside back when I was only listening to Nirvana and Mettallica! They rock!

Apart from them, I'm taking a better look at Korn, Moonspell, Tool and Alice in Chains...for the next 2 days I will be listening live to them along with Placebo and Deftones at a raging concert!!! WEEEEIEEEEEEEEE!!!

Then later it will be Depeche's turn...and early September...the eternal PEARL JAM!!!!!!!

• For some reason people love giving me CD's and believe me I don't complain.

So I got given Sean Paul. Had never heard this before and it's quite cool. Funky Jamaican Reggae.

• i m listening to hip hop and all that stuff rap u know

• At the moment am listening to colin and edith on radio 1 because RICHARD HAMMOND is gonna be on!!!

*swoon* :wub:
  • I am back to pure old Metallica! Hell yes, and some Slayer on the side.

Major pride goes out to my thrash roots!
  • I have actually not been listening to anything at all for a while now.
    Just background music, and the girlfriend is usually the DJ (eeew, Eros Ramasotti :ph34r: )
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 29 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]64318[/snapback]

I am back to pure old Metallica! Hell yes, and some Slayer on the side.

[/b]

Listening to Slayer on the side?? Then please do this! 06-06-06 National Day Of Slayer
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 29 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]64318[/snapback]

I am back to pure old Metallica! Hell yes, and some Slayer on the side.

[/b]

This is why i LOVE you lethal - you have such great taste!!

Did i tell you IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TILL I AM IN THE SAME FIELD AS METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will take lots of piccies for you brother lethal!!! :devilish:

Rock on!! :punk:
  • Holy crap that would rock oddish, get heaps of pics! Tiff, I will do the National Day of Slayer! Ill will wear my Slayer "God Hates Us All" flag as a cape all day for hells sake!
  • the bloody milkshake song...damn sister
  • Listening to some Israeli band........ don't understand a word they're singing and have no idea what they're called :bag:
  • Had the zen micro on random this morning on walk to Kat's (tiff has my car)

Kaiser cheifs - I predict a riot

Metallica - Fade to black

David Bowie - JeanGenie

Green Day - Holiday

all featured!! Had them buzzing round my head at work all day!
  • QUOTE(Ms Marshmallows @ May 30 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]64471[/snapback]

the bloody milkshake song...damn sister
    [/b]

Ahahaha, thats a classic there. Glad I wasnt hanging out at yours at that particular time. *HATE* that song with a passion.
  • My current listening consists of the CD collection of Weird Al Yankovic- I have all of his main studio albums on my iPod mini (makes for good listening going to or from that place I dare not mention that begins with "w" :censored: ).
  • I am currently listening to several albums by Fat Boy Slim in the car. Great driving music !
  • i can hear the TV i nthe background and the sound of my typing ^^
  • I am in a lighter mood and I am listening to one of my girlfriends favourite bands, Def Leppard. I must admit they do a good ballad.
  • Currently listening to "Take a long line" by The Angels... just changed to Fatboy Slims "Song for Shelter". Both songs are on my workout playlist I listen too when doing weights. :flex:
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 31 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]64703[/snapback]

I am in a lighter mood and I am listening to one of my girlfriends favourite bands, Def Leppard. I must admit they do a good ballad.
    [/b]

Have you heard their song called "Pour Some Sugar on Me"? It's awesome! I have that song for my boyfriend's ringtone on my cellie phone.

Right now I'm listening to (don't hurt me) country music. I'm partial to the Wreckers. I suppose it's because one of my favorite musical artists is part of that band now. But anywho..here's the songs I've been listening to lately:

Leave the Pieces-the Wreckers
    The Good Kind-the Wreckers
    Kryptonite-3 Doors Down
    Coin Operated Boy-The Dresden Dolls

Those are the last four I've heard.
  • Just browsing through the various threads and seeing this one again reminded me I'm posting in silence... just a minute.... There! Now currently listening to Insomnia by the Nightwatchers :punk:
  • Currently listening to:

Dirty Diana - by Michael Jackson
  • Not seen this thread before

Currently listening to (as i type)

Leftfield - Leftism

Also on my ipod

Depeche Mode (Every song / remix they have done, yes there are a LOT)
    PWEI
    Metallica
    System Of A Down
    Pantera
    The Doors
    Pink Floyd
    P.I.L.
    The Stranglers
    Buzzcocks
    The Fall
    Frank Zappa
    Ministry
    Senser
    and last but not least...............Smell The Glove by SPINAL TAP!!!!

You could say i have eclectic tastes!!! LOL
  • Working class hero - by Green Day
  • hmmmmm...well i've been lestining to :

Linkin park-Enth E Nd
    Tupac shakur-only god can judge me
    basshunter-dream girl
    eminem- loose your self
    WC(west coast)-voodoo
    Ice cube-gangsta rap made me do it
    tupac ft.linkin park-nothing 2 lose
  • I'm currently listening to M.I.A - Paper Planes
  • snoop dogggggggggggggggggggg
  • ... is that mario?!
  • General Red said:
    ... is that mario?!

Pffffft.....kids. :eek:
  • Hold on hold on I know I can connect him to a character from something... OK never mind... I have nothing to connect Jimmy Hendrix too

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion