Alternative Music For Games
  • Reading the "What is your favourite game soundtrack thread", got me wondering how many of us actually play other music when we are gaming? And if so, what?
  • The only time that I play other music during games is when I am doing an endurance race in Gran Turismo. I can only listen to the same music for so long before I get bored. I try to listen to something upbeat that keeps me going throughout the long race.
  • We've found that Yanqui Uxo by Godspeed You Black Emperor is an excellent compliment to Timesplitters 3! :D
  • GTA - Liberty City allows you to play your own mp3's while playing.... It so rocks going on a rampage listening to 'Drowning Pool - Let the bodies hit the floor'

D@mn I had to put it on just thinking about it :punk:
  • Most of the time I prefer in game sound and music for my gaming. I feel that I can play better if I have the sound on, anyone else find this? Or maybe you are the opposite?
  • I play better with the game music, especially in shooting games. I can't concentrate with music blasting.
  • Generally, I can't seem to concentrate when I am playing games and listening to music other than its soundtrack. That usually happens in RPGs, Racing Simulators, etc. However, when it comes to beat 'em ups a good portion of some Heavy Metal, mixed with one hell of a beating and concentration makes one hell of a combo. ;x

Still, it's a pity other Beat 'em ups like Guilty Gear X2 #Reload do not possess a Heavy Metal Soundtrack.

Rock On. :w00t2:
  • I agree that the majority of in-game music suits it but every now and then I fancy a change. I prefer to keep the effects and speech on (most games allow you to adjust the volume levels of dialogue, SFX and music) but there are some games (such as GTA: SA) where the music is an abomination to my ears (despite the fact that you can change it)!

• QUOTE(THE Lola @ Apr 27 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]61769[/snapback]

I agree that the majority of in-game music suits it but every now and then I fancy a change. I prefer to keep the effects and speech on (most games allow you to adjust the volume levels of dialogue, SFX and music) but there are some games (such as GTA: SA) where the music is an abomination to my ears (despite the fact that you can change it)!
    [/b]

Actually, GTA is one of those games which it's soundtrack is just too vast. But indeed, GTA: San Andreas' soundtrack is just as you said, an abomination, it's just plain rap, rap and more rap, taking out the other radios which surely aren't that great too. In my opinion, I'd say that GTA III and Vice City's Radio's were much better.
  • QUOTE(Laharl @ Apr 27 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]61782[/snapback]

In my opinion, I'd say that GTA III and Vice City's Radio's were much better.
    [/b]

I agree - especially Vice City! Pets Overnight.com! LOL!

• There actually is, or was a petsovernight.com and I also think they made a pogothemonkey.com as well.