• I think they are great!!!!! Dont have any myself because im a big fraidy cat!! PLus i cant decide between having a zero (of NBX) on my shoulder of a metallica ninja star on the base of my spine. Think i should wait till after the wedding so theyre not poking out over my bootiful dress lol!
  • I think tattoos in moderation are okay. I personally do not have any but I've seen some really cool ones. What I think is in poor taste are the homemade tats you see some people sporting. The ones that are obviously amateur and look ridiculous. I've got a friend who is covered in them and he is hard to take seriously sometimes. He said they were done with a guitar string. Yeeouch!

The funny thing is, tattoos are illegal in the state I live in. Meaning, you can have one, you just can't have one done here in the state. There are some undercover places around (people doing them in their garage or in the back of their shops) but no legal parlors here. You have to go to Texas or Arkansas if you want a legal tattoo in these parts.
  • Tattoos rock ! I have 2. One on my right upper arm and one on my back. Each about the size of my hand and the only regerets are that they're not big enough. Been wanting to have the 1 on my arm enlarged for some time now, just to get good work done can cost allot.

Got some peircings done to but tattoos are way more addictive.
  • Belive it or not but I've got a Jokers head on my lower back.
    I've drawn it myself and the plan is/ or used to be/ to build on that via the sides of my back (arms) and cover the upper back/shoulder area.
    Unfortunatly I'm a bit too seriuos about my designs, been doing sketchs for the top part (strawberries and thorns) for 4 years now. I don't know if I ever get pleased or find the money to have it done.
    As for piercings I have three holes in my right ear, but I usually only use one of them for my big (about an inch in diameter) gold ring.

My girlfriend has a raven on her left arm and a wolf on her right.

• I see no problems at all with body art if it's done well and tastefully. My personal opinion is a tatoo shouldn't be seen unless you choose to expose it. If it can't be covered with a t-shirt and pants then it can be a detriment. Try applying for a job and when you leave and shake the persons hand he notices "HATE" written on your knuckles, or a naked woman on your forearm.

I served a customer in the bar whos face was covered with a homemade tribal, the only place this cat's getting a job is in a caol mine.

I have a tatoo over my heart and nobody needs to know unless I show it or am topless, and trust me unless you are a topless dancer or lifeguard there aren't many jobs out there that require you to expose that part of your body.

Just like most things in life, I believe tatoos are fine in moderation. :g:
  • I have one listed in my intro post on my right arm. The full name is Stephen P. Nobles IV, so I have no real originality in my name being a 4th generation of said namesake. I decided to embrace that 4th and a buddy of mine drew up a nice pattern of sorts. The design is made to be seen the same way, upside down or rightside up, so that was an added bonus to the tattoo.
  • I have and inverted intertwined pentagram between my shoulderblades and an inverted cross that runs from about an inch below that almost to the base of my spine. I also have my families scots clan symbol on my left arm and which is a hand holding a dagger upwards and the word 'Fortiter' which means "Bravely". I have plans for more but no $ at the moment. I also have a peirced eyebrow that rejected, and an Industrial peircing in my left ear.
  • QUOTE(Lethal aka LI @ Apr 30 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]61963[/snapback]

...an inverted cross that runs from about an inch below that almost to the base of my spine.
    [/b]

*manneman looks up human anatomy and finds that the spine ends in the pelvis*

Wow, you have a cross in your buttcrack!!! That must have hurt. :D

;)
  • I have paid for mine, just haven't got it yet. A buddy of mine does tattoos and he is trying to design one of my kids names that will flow together in a band around my upper arm. For years I have wanted one but just couldn't decide what I wanted. I wanted something totally original, so I figured it would have to be somewhat my own design/idea. I didn't want to pick one out of a book and find someone with the same tat. :(
  • QUOTE(manneman @ Apr 30 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]61968[/snapback]

*manneman looks up human anatomy and finds that the spine ends in the pelvis*

Wow, you have a cross in your buttcrack!!! That must have hurt. :D

;)
    [/b]

Lol, ok, so its more a few inches above my waistline. Thanks for the biology lesson manne.
  • QUOTE(jdm1108 @ Apr 30 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]61955[/snapback]

I see no problems at all with body art if it's done well and tastefully. My personal opinion is a tatoo shouldn't be seen unless you choose to expose it. If it can't be covered with a t-shirt and pants then it can be a detriment. Try applying for a job and when you leave and shake the persons hand he notices "HATE" written on your knuckles, or a naked woman on your forearm.

[/b]

I used to have the very same opinion but as most things do, things change. So many bad things happened to me 4 years ago that made me realise life is way to short. If someone doesn't want to give me a job because I like ink on my body and they dont...... they can stick their job right up where their pompus attitude came from find someone else to do the job.

Must say tho..... inking "HATE" on your knuckels is quite a statement.
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ May 1 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]62008[/snapback]

If someone doesn't want to give me a job because I like ink on my body and they dont...... they can stick their job right up where their pompus attitude came from find someone else to do the job.

[/b]

Totally true there shagger, in the words of Mel Gibson in Braveheart... garn get fu**ed english pigs FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!
  • I want to get a tattoo so bad, but I can't. My Dad told me if I get one he won't pay for my college tuition anymore. That would make it be one hell of an expensive tattoo!
  • QUOTE(SpeedDemon @ May 1 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]62035[/snapback]

I want to get a tattoo so bad, but I can't. My Dad told me if I get one he won't pay for my college tuition anymore. That would make it be one hell of an expensive tattoo!
    [/b]

Wait until you have finished college, then get a nice big (fake) tattoo that says THANKS DAD across your back ;)
  • Well,you all talk about getting them,just DO IT!! I have two myself. One wraps around my ankle and the other wraps around the top of my arm. Both in places that can be covered if need be. Thinking about getting one on lower back just not sure what yet. :harhar:
  • Got 2 of them myself

A tribal phoenix on my right arm and a Icon/Glyph of bondage on my back.

I've done some design work for others & looking towards my 3rd one which will be the pumpkin king Jack Skeleton & Zero and his grave tomb on my left arm. When I get sorted out with the artwork due to it being all black/monochrome with zero's pumpkin nose being orange, I've got to sort out another bit for Jane's friend as she wants Jack as well

Where's Lucifer in all this? I love his tattoos!
  • The one on tiffs back is soooo cool!!! - Will have to try and post a piccie of it!!
  • Wouldn't ever get a full blown tattoo, although I have had several henna tattoos on my lower back.

All were Chinese Symbols:
    The first I got meant "Tiger"--which goes with my Chinese Birth Year
    The second was the same.
    The third one I got meant "Beautiful"
  • :bag: Hummmmmmmmmmmm..... I know we have this topic around here somewhere :g: but it has been two or three years now ..Lol

I have three different tacks on my arms, now for almost 30 years...WOW that sorta dates me huh??

Well way back when, I was a lad of about 20 and sorta foolish. Me and my buddy had a few beers and went to a tattoo parlor..... he chickened out but I went ahead and got my first one! It is yosemite sam with the words: Crazy man <_< above his hat. Back in those days I was a wild and crazy guy....it's on my lower right arm.<br />
    Later on I got a small cross on my left forarm and the last one is a panther on my right upper arm.

Tattoo's have become so populer these days and everyone seem to be getting them!

I have a lot of thoughts about this but I will keep them to myself......

I am going on vaction over sea's in june and I am going to look in to having mine removed by lazer.

It is much cheaper to having this done where I am going..

Worfsonofmog