Whats The Story
  • Its been weirs finally being able to put faces to names by seeing these personal pics on the profiles just wondered if anyone wanted to divulge a bit of info about them. Am sure lynny is sick of explaining in live chat why the hell he is stood next to a big silver trophy lol!!

Mine was taken yesterday (21/05/06) at Whitby - we went to get tiffs wedding ring and he always insists on taking pics there even tho hes got hundreds!! I hate having my pic took and it was freezing!!!
  • I've had a few people asking about mine in the chat so figured I may as well put it here.

The trophy in the picture is the Stanley Cup, awarded to the winner of the National Hockey League playoffs. Back in the 2003-2004 season the Tampa Bay Lightning were the big winners (made for a couple of days of less sleep than usual for work but was worth it to see). Anyhoo, each member of the team gets a bit of personal time with the cup to show it off in their hometown- one of the players happens to be from a community mere minutes from where I live so when his turn came up I (along with quite a few others) took the day off from work to join in the local celebration and get a picture taken with the holy grail of ice hockey.

• Wow. I was actually intending on changing my profile picture before this...but I guess I had better keep it there anyway. It's one of the few good pictures of me. So anyway...story is here:

One night during a LiveChat session with oddy and Lethal, Lethal was checking out my profile to see the other beagle I have (Tifa) and the picture I had there was at least a year and a half old...to which Lethal remarked:

"Red, you have a 70s style haircut."

Which isn't true. It was layered and if I hadn't been so under the weather on the day that picture was taken I would have had it straightened so it looked nice..but it wasn't straightened so it looked about like Ashton Kutcher's hair from that 70s show.

So I told Lethal that my hair was longer and he didn't believe me...so I took a picture to proove it.

Me being really creative I decided I ought to take a picture with several "puppies" of mine...those which I consider the Elite few if you will. So I grabbed my fleece doggie blankie I got for Christmas and sat down on the couch with my elite four which consisted of:

Bandit-(the beagle in my hands) I made this guy at Build a Bear in memory of my old pal whom we had to put to sleep shortly before APi was down. The doll looks pretty much like him...except it's about 1/4 of his size. He was a big guy.

Snoopy-(the beagle who's not looking at the camera) The only reason why I wanted to work at Knott's Berry Farm. I loved that Peanuts beagle and while working at Knott's I thought since I got a discount on merchandise...why not buy myself one.

Maugrim-(the husky on the other side of my lap) I got this guy at Build a Bear shortly after the release of the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...and decided I might as well name him after the main wolf it. I almost got his picture taken with the White Witch at Disneyland.

Ein-(the welsh corgi on my armrest) Any Cowboy Bebop fans already know where this guy comes from. One halloween I dressed up as Edward from Cowboy Bebop and I knew that the costume couldn't be complete without an Ein...thus I got myself one!

And then there's me and my much longer hair now...and it looks good thank you very much! :punk:
  • I alway's seem to miss the live chats........ Thought I'd comment on my pic here anyway tho :)

The pic was taken about 6 months ago at Kangaroo point in Brisbane City Oz. A day's rock climbing with 2 amazing ladies I met from Colorado who were at Uni in Oz. Every other time we went climbing there it was in the eve so those pics didn't come out very clearly.
  • Well, its a picture of me that I took when I had my dreadlocks. Thats basically it really. Nothing special about it, I dont have my dreddies anymore though, had to get rid of them after about a month. My hair is about medium length now and I doubt I will get dreddies again, but I am growing it.
  • My picture is me with my shirt off. I have worked hard to get into shape over the last few years so I like to show off now :harhar: . I enjoy flexing :flex:
  • The pic in my profile was taken the night of our wedding, October 13th 2001. I am the one on the right, my wife is on the left. There was some confusion in the chat one night. <_<
  • Just got around to getting up a personal pic - so there you have it that's me. :59:
  • :D Nice pic Fluff, have you kept the same haircut for 3 years (I remember you describing yourself for my portraits).

My picture, at the moment, is a picture I took the other day. I remembered that I had this old military hat and thought that it would be cool to set up a pic that realates to the ongoing war-game.
    Also it is a bit spooky how similar the avatar I use is to me.
  • The hair's grown a lot longer than it was - used to keep it shorter but since literally all my family (Dad, Grandads, Uncles) all suffer from going shall we say thinner on top I'm keen to keep as much as my hair as possible. :laugh:

Loving your pic Manne - very apt!! :D Agree on the similarities to the avatar aswell SPOOKY!
  • Mine was taken at a pub in London while we were on vacation. The name of it was Henry's and it was across from Green Park, about 1 block from the hotel we stayed in. I'm the one holding the Guinness, so there's no confusion, with my wife on the right. She would not drink the beer. <_<
  • About my pic? Welllll... One day about 2 or 3 months ago my son came into the living room where I was and stopped to look at me. I, of course, wondered what he was looking at, did I have something hanging out of my nose? He said, "Ya know, you're having a particularly good-looking day today, can I take a few pictures?" (he's really really 'into' photography and stuff like that). So, we set me up in the dining room in front of that painting that you see behind me and got a few different angles. This one is my favourite of the bunch, but quite frankly I don't think it turned out very good, I'm not very photogenic. :bag:
  • My pic is a result of trying and finally succeeding on getting my PS2 Eye Toy cam to work on my PC. Got there in the end.... B)
  • mine was taken for an audition 2 years back. and thats pretty much it
  • QUOTE(chargerfanchs @ Jun 1 2006, 02:28 AM) [snapback]64780[/snapback]

Mine was taken at a pub in London while we were on vacation. The name of it was Henry's and it was across from Green Park, about 1 block from the hotel we stayed in. I'm the one holding the Guinness, so there's no confusion, with my wife on the right. She would not drink the beer. <_<<br />[/b]

Not drink Guinness ?!?!?!?........ Bet you had to have a few pint's there on her behalf :D
  • Ok, I have finally taken a new Pic, wow! Since I dont have the dreads anymore I suppose you should see what I look like without a big tangly mane of hair. So, go check it out. It is me, in my room, just a picture I too with the Webcam. Enjoy!... I guess.
  • Well GOSH Lethal, you sure do have a nice face, what the heck would you want to hide it for!?!?!?!?
    :D This look is much much better!!!!!!!!
  • Yeah Lethal is a bun! :wub: if I wasn't a sucker for ladies you were the one!

About the picture...I'm that kind of person who thinks he gets he's soul stolen...kidding, I never really liked people taking pictures of me...but I always liked to take theirs!

Still, as we don0t know each other personally (and probably never will!), I think we should get our picture on the profile just so we know each others faces...so I'll get a (coff coff) reasonable one!

It's a promise!...than I'll come back and explain it!
  • QUOTE(Chaos' Neo Angel of Death @ Jun 4 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]65154[/snapback]

Yeah Lethal is a bun! :wub: if I wasn't a sucker for ladies you were the one!

[/b]

Good thing ya clarified that Dude, ya had me worried for a small minute there! :blink: heh heh
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ Jun 4 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]65152[/snapback]
    Well GOSH Lethal, you sure do have a nice face, what the heck would you want to hide it for!?!?!?!?
    :D This look is much much better!!!!!!!! [/b]
    Yep, your a Mom of teenage boy. I had to listen to that after I cut my long hair off. Now I have to listen to it about my goatee. :angry2:
  • QUOTE(Rex77 @ Jun 5 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]65174[/snapback]

Yep, your a Mom of teenage boy. I had to listen to that after I cut my long hair off. Now I have to listen to it about my goatee. :angry2:
    [/b]

Sounds like you have some issues there rex. I have issues now, mainly based around the fact that for a few seconds I thought Chaos' Neo Angel of Death fancied me. :blink:

Thanks for the compliments sus :flex:
  • My Personal Piccy is from the Sunderland Wall, The Climbing Centre that me & Janeybobs go to. Photo is taken from the start of the boulder wall & was slimmer back then, now I've got hair, face stubble & a Guinness Beer belly realy for the music festivals.

Other photos of me tend to be me looking drunk, silly faces, stroking my goatee in a wise way or dancing around like a prat :bag:
  • Yes, somewhat like the picture from the day you and jane first met in front of the metallica flags eh tiff? Heh heh... *mumbles something* drunk...f*** *mumbles something* *cough*
  • QUOTE(Tiff @ Jun 5 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]65186[/snapback]

My Personal Piccy is from the Sunderland Wall, The Climbing Centre that me & Janeybobs go to. Photo is taken from the start of the boulder wall & was slimmer back then, now I've got hair, face stubble & a Guinness Beer belly realy for the music festivals.

Other photos of me tend to be me looking drunk, silly faces, stroking my goatee in a wise way or dancing around like a prat :bag:
    [/b]

Oh yeah B) Climbing pics always have a tendency to look totally whicked ! That gym looks huge compared to the gym I used to work at...... :notworthy:
  • Well folks, I changed my personal picture again. It's a picture of me and my boyfriend at Disneyland on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. I lost terribly to him. The lucky guy got placed in front of several targets. :D

I need to take a new picture, and until I am able to take one that I like, this will have to do. ^_^
  • QUOTE(Rex77 @ Jun 4 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]65174[/snapback]

[/b]

HAHAHAHAAAA, yes I am, how could you tell!?!? ;) My son has a goatee as well, but I love it on him, would never dream of suggesting that he shave!!!!!!!! Hubby looks great with a goatee too, too bad his employers require a clean-shaven chin and above-the-collar hair cut! grrrrrrrrr!! He used to have his hair halfway down his back (if he were a woman, it'd be past his bra-strap. heehee) and I loved it!
    Lethal is a good-looking guy, long hair or no, it's just nice to see his handsome face. If his hair were long (even down to his butt) and away from his face, he'd look just as wonderful, but is it so wrong to enjoy seeing a good-looking face? :g:

Red, that new pic is adorable!!!!!!!!! Too bad we can't see you any better, but it sure looks like you're having fun there!!
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ Jun 5 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]65191[/snapback]

Oh yeah B) Climbing pics always have a tendency to look totally whicked ! That gym looks huge compared to the gym I used to work at...... :notworthy:
    [/b]

It's the biggest in Europe at the moment. When we first went we had to have a little instruction before joining the club, the guy who showed us around & told us the rules is flippin' mental. He climbs in ripped shorts & a huge padded jacket.

Hey Lethal, I've got a photo of a rather passed out Jane on the grass in the afternoon after we had our Metallica fan club moot. ...........and she said she was resting her eyes! :rolleyes: I think alot of those photos of me are either "YEAH!!!" stances or "MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beer!" pose
  • QUOTE(RedKenny @ Jun 5 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]65195[/snapback]

Well folks, I changed my personal picture again. It's a picture of me and my boyfriend at Disneyland on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. I lost terribly to him. The lucky guy got placed in front of several targets. :D

I need to take a new picture, and until I am able to take one that I like, this will have to do. ^_^

[/b]

Hey Red, I liked the pic you had before this one, with the beanie baby next to your face. Your hair looked cool :P
  • Thought I'd change my shot too. Taken in our 2nd lounge/study where our PC resides :blush:
  • Time for a change...... This one taken on a 5 pitch climb in 'Mount Everest National Park'. Was really cold and windy but man what a view. A 4 hour accent to that point.
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ Jun 5 2006, 04:49 AM) [snapback]65201[/snapback]

Hey Red, I liked the pic you had before this one, with the beanie baby next to your face. Your hair looked cool :P
    [/b]

That wasn't a beanie baby!!

It was a stuffed hamster whom goes by the name of Boo. He's from Baulder's Gate! That little hamster that Minsc carries around!

That stuffed hamster though is the rendition of Boo from a webcomic series called MegaTokyo. He was my companion as I was relentlessly fragging the AXIS. He squeaked everytime I fragged. :harhar:

I might change it back. Just saw my profile pic and realized how terrible of quality it came out.
    :huh:
  • Yeah, it is pretty shoddy, looks like psx graphics lol. Maybe cut out the middle of the pic (with your faces) and put that in? :)
  • PSX?!? I love the PSX! That's precisely what I was going for Lethal! :harhar: hahah, just kidding of course. I did crop it.

..and it's a little better...and by a little I literally mean only a little. :blink:

I say forget it. I'ma gonna change it to another picture as soon as I find another one I deem worthy of the personal photo function. :D
  • mine quite a simple picture its just me getting the shopping ;)
  • And ya don't look too happy about it either, Monk! :tongue: Guess shopping isn't your bag!? LOL!! I just crack me up!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Red, actually, I see a big difference in the pic, now we can see your cute little face!!!!! :clap:
  • My pic was taken well over 2 years ago, I really need to update :blink:
    If only to include the current length of my hair :g:
  • Monk goes shopping? That doesn't look like you're shopping there monk. It looks to me like you're ready to shoot the bloody camera. :D Or is that the face you wear whilst in the midst of fragging everyone? ;)
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ Jun 8 2006, 02:51 AM) [snapback]65392[/snapback]

mine quite a simple picture its just me getting the shopping ;)
    [/b]

Yeah those are intersting credit cards you have in your hands there Monk :blink: And for everything else theres - UZI - Accepted everywhere.
  • My photo came from last year about this time. Our Scouting Council hosts a summer camp (this is the 20th year) which runs over a 5 week period, a different batch per week. There are approx. 65 cub aged youth(8-10 yrs), 8-12 Venturer aged youth(14-18 yrs, who actually run most of the camp and for the most part do a great job) and a handful oldies around to make sure any bumps are smoothed out. Every year has a different theme and of course last years was pirates. We dress up for arrival and for the Friday which is always a theme activity day. Had a real sword too. Going again in 2 weeks.
  • I thought it was time for a change in my picture and decided to take a picture with me with short hair. I also had my dogs in there. Tifa and Maddie really didn't cooperate and this is actually the best picture I got of them and me. So there you have it.
  • Mine is from the Transformers Generations series. I like the transformers and I wanted my pic to be different from everyone elses.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion