World Cup '06
  • With now just a little over 3 weeks 'til the Football World Cup 2006 kicks off in Germany who's getting excited?! I sure am! World Cup fever is getting everywhere and I can't wait.

England's chances have taken a blow with the loss of Rooney - but what do you fellow English supporters think of the inclusions of Walcott and Lennon - both hot talents but are they ready?

How do you rate your country's chances? I think England should make it to the quarter finals - beyond that who knows. Even without Rooney we still have the likes of John Terry, Stevie Gerrard and Frank Lampard on the form of their lives. Should be in with a chance still.

This is THE thread for your World Cup discussion!!

:clap:
  • Thank god I'm going to be busy over the world cup, mainly drinking beer & listening to loud music.
  • Is it only thee weeks left!? Were does the time go?

Sweden will most likely win their group, got Trinidad&Tobago, Paraguay and an other second rate team in their group. :D
  • I dont really follow football - apart from occasional games of wigan Athletic.

Good JOb realy because when Englands first game is on we will be at donnington either watching alice in chains or hanging with our buddies from the UK torn!
  • When did the time pass did not even no
    I am sure this 1 is goin 2 be a blast..........*prays*
  • Just got this extremely important advice and recommendations to be passed on to wives, girlfriends, fianc
  • So take it your watching the matches then Majik??

We just got a memo round work that we are allowed to wear england colours, put flags up and have a radio to listen to listen to the matches - All in the name of skiving off work for 90 mins - think i mite watch them!!
  • Of course I will be watching the matches, I have my own tv (ok its only 28" WS) in the playstation room ;)

Last time out we got opportunity to watch both the England and Ireland games (equality) and there is no putting up of flags and wearing shirts as its against the flags and emblems act.

so i think it will be skive to the snooker room at work and put in a tv ;)
  • I am such a lonely footie fan, no one 'round these here parts could tell a pitch from a switch, so I stand in a corner at work babbling about corners, red's and bends to the sheet of plywood that will listen.

....my wife does deal well with my obsession....since we have been married for a lil' over 2 years (do the math), we will see how that marriage holds up through a "cup month"

:w00t2: vs. :unsure:
  • Dan, send her over here and we will go shopping while you watch the match - Thats what i do if Tiff is watching anything sporty on the TV!!
  • Aussie, Aussie Aussie!... Oi!, Oi!, Oi!... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!... Oi!, Oi!, Oi!... Aussie!, Oi!, Aussie!, Oi!... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... OI! OI! OI!

Oh yeah, Aussies are finally in the world cup and we are going to come down like a pile of bricks. Anyone interested in making a bit of a friendly bet around here? Choose your side, early bird gets the worm. Im going to be patriotic and back my Aussie fellas. :clap:

Bring it on!
  • Got my money on Sweden (as usual - country of origin).

QUOTE(Lethal @ May 21 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]63564[/snapback]

Oh yeah, Aussies are finally in the world cup and we are going to come down like a pile of bricks. Anyone interested in making a bit of a friendly bet around here? Choose your side, early bird gets the worm. Im going to be patriotic and back my Aussie fellas. :clap:

Bring it on!
    [/b]

Went to an "A" legue match in Brisbane last year and was so dissapointed...... My son's U15 side could have run circles around both teams. Nice stadium tho'. Stick to Auzie rules and Rugga mate.

• its pretty poor that everybody thinks the only way we will win the world is down to one man ,wayne rooney
    we might get to quarter finals or even semi but never finals well never win we never do
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ May 22 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]63620[/snapback]

Got my money on Sweden (as usual - country of origin).
    [/b]

*high five* :D
    Oh yea!
    Didn't know you started your travels in Sweden shagger!
    Sweden will totally win. And if they don't somebody put something in their water.

I'm betting Paraguay and Sweden will advance from their group.
  • QUOTE(manneman @ May 22 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]63677[/snapback]

I'm betting Paraguay and Sweden will advance from their group.

[/b]

:laugh: Don't think so, England are good enough to qualify, and I reckon Sweden might nick the second place, but it'll be close. :harhar:

Monk, I agree it's nonsense that without Rooney we have no hope, because of course we do, we still have Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Terry etc... we have world class players - but of course our chances have taken a dent without him, because he is a player who can win a game for you with just one moment of pure class..

Majik, :laugh: love it, will pass onto my girlfriend, it'll be very helpful LOL.

• Germany's FIFA World Cup 2006...

PORTUGAL!!!

Well, I think that everything's been said, were not we Vice-Champions of the Euro. <3 Mexico, Iran and Angola can start praying, for Cristiano Ronaldo is gonna make them wish they never met him.<br />
    Putting this aside, this World Cup is sure going to be a blast as much as all the previous ones were. You can expect Portugal to do the same thing that they did in the Euro such as kicking England and Holland out of the cup. Oh, and except them to do the same. Are we not one of the favourites to the title. <3 <br />
    Edit: Well, Things are going to be tough for Portugal's group, for both Iran and Mexico are demonstrating to have a lot of potential and ability to advance onto the next stage.
  • HAHA!!!...someone who understands me here!!! Didn't know you were a fellow countryman!!!!
    Everyone will have to bow down to the greatest Soccer nation in...Europe! eh,eh! PORTUGAL RULES!!!!!...You'll see, I think they definitely have what it takes to reach the final!! (unless they get cocky like at the latest World Cup...didn't even pass group stage!).
    Apart from the best team on the Cup (naaa...we got to also give cheer Brasil, they've always been the best...I heard the rumor that pregnant brazilian women have a tougher labor, they say the ball comes attached to the kids' foot! :blink: ).
    Other than this, the cup will totally rock the world...I know I'll be watching every match in a giant screen with loads of other coach wannabes!!!
    Well, you just got to wait know...'till then...
    PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bah, just found out am down to work for Englands first World Cup game - sod that! If I can't book it as holiday, a sickie it shall be!!

England B vs Belarus - not going exactly fantastic. Only two plus's really, the fantastic Aaron Lennon - looked a real threat and gives us a great option, would be a fantastic sub to throw on late in a game. Also Peter Crouch is a real asset - won everything in the air. Sad news for Rob Green, real shame for him.
  • 5 DAYS TO GO!

It's getting exciting! I can't wait!! England just demolished Jamaica 6-0, with Peter Crouch looking on excellent form, with his football and his dancing!!! And Wayne Rooney is back kicking a football, I'm really excited about our chances this year!

ENG-ER-LAND NA NA!!! :clap: