Eurovision Song Contest
  • Just got to say that this is for the metal heads in Euro!!

Winner - Finland with LORDI!!!!!! - Hard Rock Hallellujah! :devilish: :punk:

They won by a massive points count!!!!

• The missus wasnt well so we stayed in and watched it - i had to vote for LT and FIN - that Vote for the Winners was soo punk and that Lordi tune had me singing along - now i dont remember much about Euro Song Contest except being forced to watch it as a child, and i never recall singing along to a song!

and the song about the stilletto? WTF?
  • Ok you two - go out now and get yourselves lives!! Next you will be telling me youve been watching 24 hour big brother covergae!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ May 21 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]63511[/snapback]

Ok you two - go out now and get yourselves lives!! Next you will be telling me youve been watching 24 hour big brother covergae!
    [/b]

"Day 36 in the Big Brother house and things are not what it was. The house have taken away the beer & the chickens after the 'quite one' got drunk & started to think he was Ozzy Osbourne & bite the head of a chicken" :devilish:

Don't worry love, I'll keep you up to date with Pete the tourettes guy :blink:
  • You loser!!

If i come home again and you have been watching desperate housewives -DIVORCE is on the cards mate!
  • Jane, are you seriously telling me that women would prefer their men out on the town, with the possibility of accidently snogging some bird, rather than sitting at home safely ensconsed on the sofa with them watching what ever godawful crap women watch? :g:

Tho Tiff, I do have to agree with her on the BB bit, sort it out son FFS!!
  • If this wasnt bad enough - he will readily admit to watching EVERY episode of the salon when that was on

And trust me - what this lad cant do with hair straightners isn't worth doing! :59:
  • that song was a load of rubbish bunch of nutters wearing halloween masks screaming and shouting about something religious it was a joke just charvs and stuff voted for them
  • Im going to agree with monk, but probably for different reasons. Yeah, they completely sucked, they were a disgrace to metal, in fact they arent even metal. I reject them in the names of real metal bands everywhere. I dont think trash or rock or any other genre would take them either. They are a crappy pop band with rock overtones and a gimmick.

They should have been on the childrens eurovision song contest.

They were -monsterously- bad, Im sorry to all those that liked them but they were disgraceful and I never want to see or hear of them again.

I cast you out!
  • Should had Slipknot on as they could have done the "Jump the F**k up" in from of the judges. :devilish:
  • Slipknot would have sucked just as bad, no offence, but Im not a big fan of Nu-metal. I would have preferred someone like Carpathian Forest or Marduk on there... really mess with those peoples heads.
  • hey guys i found a video of them check this out if u missed them
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/135809/lordi...urovision_2006/
    cheers,monk
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 21 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]63574[/snapback]

Slipknot would have sucked just as bad, no offence, but Im not a big fan of Nu-metal. I would have preferred someone like Carpathian Forest or Marduk on there... really mess with those peoples heads.
    [/b]

They may not be one of the many good Metal bands out there, but they did show that Metal won over numerous pop-singers, and bands. Not to mention that if there really was a Metal Contest such a the Eurovision, I highly doubt that any pop-music or even hip-hop/rap would get so many points as Finland did with Lordi. We're talking about 292 points, with an advantage of nearly 50 points, one of the highest in Eurovision history.

Thing is that Lordi did make themselves heard this year. We'll probably see much more Metal-bands at Eurovision Song Contest more often. We may get to see Iron Maiden or even Moonspell there.

Oh, and talking about Marduk, I've listened to it and it wasn't that good. I'd say Epica would obviously do a much more outstanding show at Eurovision. But that's an opinion. You can't just argue with that. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

• What the F***** is this?!!??! EUROVISION?!!?!?!? I thought I'd seen it all, guess I was wrong!...This really reached a major "top bottom" in Human History!...I can't even imagine myself speaking about it...you see, Portugal has a history of sucking really hard on bad contests! :harhar:

Jesus...I'm still shocked! :blink:
  • wow lordi have had quite a few songs i just searched for them in youtube and loads of songs came up all pretty bad part from hard rock
  • Lordi are playing at donington!!!! Cant wait!!
  • there gonna be on channel 4 this morning at 10.25 dont miss it