Batman Vs Superman
  • With the new Superman movie coming to theaters soon I was wondering which superhero do you believe is the best.

I think Batman is the best. He destroys his enemies with normal human powers. He is doesn't have any powers like superman does to help him. All Batman has is a belt with gadets on it.

What is your opinion?
  • I was gonna vote for Batman - because he is a lot more darker than superman - hes doing things for revenge!!
    Plus He doesnt have that stupid farty Lois Lane mithering around him!!

But then when i saw Jim B as a option - im voting for him - Just because i wanna see him wear his underpants on the outside!!! :punk:

FLY JIM FLY!!!!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Jun 24 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]66234[/snapback]
    But then when i saw Jim B as a option - im voting for him - Just because i wanna see him wear his underpants on the outside!!! :punk:
    FLY JIM FLY!!!!
    [/b]

:laugh: The laugh from that made my day... then the image of that almost ruined it! :blink:

Although I am much more a Marvel fan than DC, Batman would have to get my vote. The Dark Knight uses fear and intimidation to strike at villians and criminals. He is in touch with the darker side of humanity and is not afraid to use that darkness to get things done. He is a self made hero using natural talents, unlike Superman who is actually an alien and gets his powers from our sun.
  • Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound....anyone who can do that out-heros a vindictive rich kid with a tool belt.

Batman struggles to clean up Gotham City. Superman saves the planet.

Get over your dark knight and bow down the the baddest illegal alien ever. Superman rules!!!

• Wow this topic brings back memories. I remember arguing about Batman vs Superman when I was about seven or eight at lunchtime in the school playground not too long before my family moved to Australia

Now as an adult, I voted other. Wonder Woman does it for me. Can't beat those high heel boots, laso and long legs :blush: Erm... She's also a great super hero too :devilish: As a kid however, superman did get my vote due to imortal like qualities :flex:

Batman movies however win hands down in my opinion. Superman is too imortal like and there too little that can go wrong for him (with the exception of Kryptonite). Batmans mortality definatly adds to a movies story line in terms of getting in and out of trouble. Michelle Phiefer IMHO makes the best Cat Woman.
  • As much as I'd love to see Jim in tights and wearing his underwear on the outside :wub: , I had to go for Batman. IMHO, there's just nothing better, in a Super Hero, than being not "human" "not inhuman", but SUPER Human. He's not only got physical strength, but emotional strength as well; To have taken what could have been (and for a while, was) a completely devastating situation and turned it around to, not only *his* advantage, but the advantage of those around him as well shows SUPER human strength, to me.

That and, no-way no-how would I vote for an "Illegal Alien"!!!!! WB, you should be ashamed of yourself!!! :bash:
  • Hahaha. I voted for Jim. I think it'd be pretty hilarious to see a cartoon Jim flying around the forums. Besides, Jim already has his LEAGUE of Extraordinary People (BUDDY-SQUAD AND MOD-SQUAD) and that's not even the half of what else he has to help him out.

I didn't vote Batman or Superman because of a story I've heard with women picking their favorite super hero. The choices were Spiderman, Superman and Batman(Personally I like Cyclops from X-Men more than all three of those guys :tongue: )But the story behind the choices was this:

--Women who chose 'Superman' had an impossible standard for their man to fulfill and typically were single whenever they answered the question of who's best?
    --Women who chose 'Batman' liked men who were very smart. Typically their men were brainiacs when they answered the question.
    --Women who chose 'Spiderman' liked men who were jokers. These women had class clowns for men as they answered this question.

So here's my conclusion!

FLY JIM FLY!! ^_^
  • nice one - we will have Jim in those tights by the end of the week!!!!!

*simple things are really cheering my life up at the mo :D
  • QUOTE(RedKenny @ Jun 25 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]66284[/snapback]

Hahaha.
    --Women who chose 'Batman' liked men who were very smart. Typically their men were brainiacs when they answered the question.

[/b]

Hahahahahahahaa, boy, *this* one couldn't be any more "off" if they tried!!! :blink:
    (meet my husband some time! heehee) :laugh: While he's quite a shrewd and smart cookie... 'brainiac'!?!?
    Naahhhh!!!!!!!

We need to get Manneman to start working on a caricature of Jim in his tights!! :clap:
  • I would have to give it to Jim, since he has such a great name.
    For those that haven't read it, the original Batman Dark Knight series of comics ( a 5 issue mini series which I can' believe DC comics even let Frank Miller do) finishes off with a major punch up between Bats and Supey. Vigilanteism had been frowned upon by the government causing caped crusaders to go into retirement. Batman ends up working again and eventually the government has to send in their boy to convince him to stop. Supey gets pretty banged up and the main reason Bats loses is because he's over 60 years old and his heart gives out. A most excellent comic series. Also, for anyone who may have enjoyed the V For Vendetta film, check out Alan Moore's Watchmen series (I believe it was called "the Minutemen" in the UK). It was a 12 issue series with an amazing amount of depth for a comic series.
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ Jun 26 2006, 03:24 AM) [snapback]66302[/snapback]

Hahahahahahahaa, boy, *this* one couldn't be any more "off" if they tried!!! :blink:
    (meet my husband some time! heehee) :laugh: While he's quite a shrewd and smart cookie... 'brainiac'!?!?
    [/b]

LOL...speedie. Reread what I wrote. I said "typically" not always. There are exceptions I'm sure. :D