• Which is your favorit movie?? mine is " Ali G Indahouse"!! keep it real dude :punk:
  • my favs are monty python specially life of brian :clap:
  • Hmmm.......favorite film.

Of alltime?....................

This week it seems to be One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest .
  • Originally posted by WreckinBall@Sep 13 2003, 12:44 AM
    Hmmm.......favorite film.

Of alltime?....................

This week it seems to be [b]One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    . [/b]

And that's because that One is you!!! In all actuality, you'd just flown out of it!! :P

Currently for me it's LOTR: Two Towers.

Just got the dvd and watched both of them this evening after work..... can't wait for #3!!!!!!!!! :woot:
  • I just rented a tape few days back and It just became my favorite movie...

So Close

Its a chinese movie (I think) so I have to read the subtitles....

But Its so Damn Awesome!! I say ten thumbs up :helpme:

Well there are rentals of the two towers but they are always out..... is it really that good?
  • As I've posted before, my alltime favorite is Scarface with Al Pacino.

However when Return Of The King comes out I have very little doubt that the combined trilogy will topple it from it's pedestal. :peace:
  • My favourite movie is The Matrix. The Matrix Reloaded was brilliant, but the first one is still the best, as it was the original, and it's just pure brilliance!! Ali G Indahouse as hilarious too though!
    :lol:
  • Hmmm...my all time favorite has to be...

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!!

i just LOVE that movie!!! Johnny Depp is :drool: ! I can't wait til they release it on DVD (dec 2!)
  • Waking Life, if anyone's heard of it ...
  • I have to agree with Susan B that lord of the rings is a good movie. My favorite part is the ending battle. That is what watching movies is all about :fight:
  • The best couple of movies I have seen in the last 12 months would have to be:

1: Crash

2: Batman Returns

Most dissapointing movie would be:

1: Saw 2 (apart from the clever ending)
  • Saw is one of my fav films along with Shaun of the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're coming to get you barbara!!!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Apr 14 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]61014[/snapback]

Saw is one of my fav films along with Shaun of the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/b]

I loved Saw 1, but the second one made the acting in the first one look good :blink:

There are some great moments in Shaun of the Dead... the woman in the garden and the bit with the music from 'Queen' are both classics !
  • I'd have to say among my favorite films are the 2 X-Men movies, I thought they did a great job translating over to film. Looking foward to X-Men: Last Stand in theatres next month! :)

One more thing- welcome back oddish!! :hug: :wub:
  • Thanx Lyn - its soooooooooooooooooo great to be back!!!!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Apr 14 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]61014[/snapback]

Saw is one of my fav films along with Shaun of the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/b]

Hey Odd!!

SotD ranks very highly as one of my all-time favourite films. For ages, I couldn't say "again" without shouting it (for example, at work - "the photocopier is out of paper... AGAIN!") and I seem to be calling every idiot I'm come into contact with a "prink" (from the extras on the DVD).

Gotta love a Pegg/Wright combo. Hot Fuzz (currently filming round these parts) should also be excellent.
  • I had to make oddish watch both seasons of Spaced to really understand some of the loss ended jokes in SotD! we watch it quite a lot with the surround sound up full blast & have the soundtrack on our CD changers in our cars!

I have a lot of favs

Star Wars Trilogy (none of that crappy pre stuff)
    All Kevin Smith films (except Jersey Girl) p.s. watch out in the fall for Clerks 2!!! the trailers are soooo funny :)
    Shaun of the Dead
    Nightmare Before Christmas (got the film, books, stuff, soundtrack, video game & jane gets mad when I go into song)
    All Tim Burton Films, yes even planet of the grapes!!
  • How dare i - How could i forget about nightmare before christmas - Jack is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!

TOtally awesome film and loved the corpse bride too!!!!!

And how could i forget wallace and grommit - good film of last year

LOTR trilogy ranks pretty high too!!
  • I have to agree with you Jim about Saw, very original movie. Saw 2 seemed to just be a money grab, the syringe trap was pretty cool.

All time favourite movie, The Empire Strikes Back. I love a dark movie and if the bad guys win at the end it's all the better. I have always liked the bad guys a little more than the good guys. :devilish:

• QUOTE(Tiff @ Apr 15 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]61117[/snapback]

Shaun of the Dead
    Nightmare Before Christmas (got the film, books, stuff, soundtrack, video game & jane gets mad when I go into song)
    All Tim Burton Films, yes even planet of the grapes!!
    [/b]

A man after my own heart, if only we were both gay (Jane, stay away, his mine i tell ya!)

Tim burton is a god among men, but saying that, its not just Mr Burton who rocks, but the scores of music by Danny Elfman. Nearly all of Burton's films have Elfman soundtracks, and Elfman also did the singing voice in NBX.
    I also have the film, the book, the stuff, the soundtrack (in english and in french!!) and various other bits and bobs.
    As for SotD, all i have to say is:
    You got red on you!

As many of you have said Saw is a great little film aswell.

As for other fav films:
    Robin hood men in tights, brilliant film!
    Full Metal Jacket if you dont like it, i have a simple question for you, 'What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!! Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!'
    And lastly that i can think of right now, the usual suspects the twist at the end is great, and certainly on a par with saw
  • Matt - i worry Tiff IS gay - He straightens my hair too well to be straight!!!!!!!!!

Also ive never known a 'real' man wanna wear red thong before
    heehee

Im gonna be killed now :devilish:
  • Got to be GOODFELLAS !

Shaun of the Dead up for best comedy...... LMAO ........

"Look.... She's SO drunk"
  • Dogma's always been at the top of my list, but I think after some of the more recent movies, Lord of War has to be the winner.

Who can help but love Nicholas Cage?
  • Rosenkrantz & Guildernstern Are Dead
    O Brother Where Art Thou?
    Asoka
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Amelie
    Delicatessen
    Sleepy Hollow

To name but a few :)
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Apr 17 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]61205[/snapback]

Matt - i worry Tiff IS gay - He straightens my hair too well to be straight!!!!!!!!!
    Also ive never known a 'real' man wanna wear red thong before
    heehee
    Im gonna be killed now :devilish:
    [/b]

Well it doesn't beat our friends Ade's obssesion with SPANDEX!!! (we've seen the photo's of him on another forum!)

and get things right Jane! it was a black thong to match my outfit for the evening also you know girl that GHD's are the only way to straighten hair!
  • This week? It's gotta be The Searchers. John Ford was a freakin' genius

At any given time, the top 5 are:

Casablanca
    Citizen Kane
    One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
    The Searchers
    The Quiet Man

But, they change around a lot and swap places with others in the top 15.
  • Ooooh, hard one... its a toss up between these few >>>

Bad Boy Bubby (Classic Cult Film, check it out!)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Braveheart
  • Heres my list:

Boondock Saints
    The Last Samurai
    The Matrix
    Anchorman
  • 3 years on and still the Matrix IMO can't be beaten, still my favourite film. Seen many good films still though, currently loving Rounders (it's a Poker movie) and Football Factory too is pretty funny!
  • It's been ages since I last went to the cinema to see a good movie, but ertainly there are those that we can just keep watching and never get tired of. ;x My favourites are:

- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith
    - The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
    - Matrix: Reloaded
    - Tomb Raider
    - And lastly, Police Academy (No matter how old this one is, it still packs some great laughs)
  • die hard the best action
  • I'm really surprised I never posted here.

But my favorite movie of all time would have to be

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
  • I have to put in two that I can watch over. The top two on my list would be Princess Bride and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Best Python line ever - strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. RE the LOTR trilogy, I've been mulling it over but will have to do that in the rant section. Am a huge Tolkien fan but the films, overall quite good also had much that disappointed me. We just watched Corpse Bride last month. Wow. Great job Mr. B.
  • Hmmm, my all time favourite movie would have to be Gia. Sometimes funny, sometimes sexy and erotic, sometimes very very sad, all around very poignant. I could watch that one over and over and over, every single day of the week.

As for complaints about movies, I don't have too many about any of the LOTR movies, but Hitchhiker's Guide really left me flat!! Grrrrr!!! None of Douglas Adams' works should be put on film ever again, IMO. Since he is no longer around to over-see the film-making process, I just don't see how anything of his could come to any good on film. He's much *much* better in print. Again, IMO.
  • RE Guide to the Galaxy, I am with you there.
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ Jun 21 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]66152[/snapback]
    As for complaints about movies, I don't have too many about any of the LOTR movies, but Hitchhiker's Guide really left me flat!! Grrrrr!!! None of Douglas Adams' works should be put on film ever again, IMO. Since he is no longer around to over-see the film-making process, I just don't see how anything of his could come to any good on film. He's much *much* better in print. Again, IMO.
    [/b]

Yes ma'am speedie! Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy could have CERTAINLY been a lot better and actually followed a lot of the book. I read that book in high school and really didn't picture any of the characters looking the way they did except Arthur himself.

Really very irritating to me. I feel that if they were to transpose the book to a film they should do it like all other books have been done. BY THE BOOK! ^_^
  • James - I LOVE the holy grail - i have seen that film easily 100 times!!!!!!

That will be one to watch again when we get home after our break!!

• QUOTE(Fluffster @ Apr 29 2006, 07:08 AM) [snapback]61866[/snapback]

3 years on and still the Matrix IMO can't be beaten, still my favourite film. [/b]

The Matrix is one of my all time favorites too. Didn't mind the last two Matrix movies but they didn't come close to the first Matrix.

A few of my favorites include:

The Good the Bad and the Ugly
    Excalubur
    Matrix
    Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrells
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Zulu
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Enter the Dragon (Bruce Lee classic)

and a few others. Also like most Jakie Chan movies. It's hard to pick just one movie.
  • I liked the matrix when it came out, it was revolutionary, now personally I feel it sucks.
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ Jun 21 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]66152[/snapback]

Hitchhiker's Guide really left me flat!! Grrrrr!!! None of Douglas Adams' works should be put on film ever again, IMO.[/b]

And this is why I love you.

That movie is the foulest pile of shizzle to stink up a movie theater since "Yor-Hunter from the Future." I'm not kidding. I fell asleep twice, and when I awoke from my second "nap" I realized that I'd lost my place in the storyline, BUT DIDN'T CARE! I didn't care about any of the characters, so I walked out and asked for my money back, and they gave it to me. I told the manager of the theater just what I've written here, with some profanity thrown in for flavor, and she told me that she'd had a lot of complaints about that film. Not only should Douglas Adams' works not be put on film ever again, I don't think any of those actors should be put on film again...even Sam Rockwell. Eeeechhhh!

As for the rest of you, I don't think I've ever read a more sophomoric, deluded, and ill-conceived list of films in my life. You are all surely on medication, as sober people don't enjoy such drek. Your taste is obviously in your mouths.

Film Snob out!

Ps. Seriously, I'm just playin'. :D
    Pps. But really Laharl, Police Academy?

• QUOTE(WreckinBall @ Jun 25 2006, 04:42 AM) [snapback]66242[/snapback]

As for the rest of you, I don't think I've ever read a more sophomoric, deluded, and ill-conceived list of films in my life. You are all surely on medication, as sober people don't enjoy such drek. Your taste is obviously in your mouths.

Film Snob out!

Ps. Seriously, I'm just playin'. :D
    Pps. But really Laharl, Police Academy?
    [/b]

Now come on, we all know your a closet Barbie "classics" movie buff, ie Fairytopia, Rapunzel etc :devilish: and who did you say is giving out free medication.
  • QUOTE(Digger065 @ Jun 25 2006, 05:09 AM) [snapback]66248[/snapback]

Now come on, we all know your a closet Barbie "classics" movie buff, ie Fairytopia, Rapunzel etc :devilish:
    [/b]

So, what? I was in college, and things were different then. :D

I just saw a movie that I left off my list, and it's great. "Cool Hand Luke."

GREAT movie!
  • There's a lot to be said for films that have enough plot for the entire movie, which has always been a problem with motion pictures (is that an archaic enough description). For some that don't quite aspire to that - I also used to watch all those bad monster movies when I was a child, and have seen pretty much every zombie movie ever made. Also thought Army of Darkness was a real hoot. Is the game any good? Also saw a Jackie Chan movie called the Fearless Hyena where they choreographed a whole sequence just like a fight scene with Jackie trying to eat a piece of meat with chopsticks while his uncle/mentor used his own set to keep it away. It was awesome.
  • Also thought Army of Darkness was a real hoot. Is the game any good? [/b]

That was a great movie. I haven't played the game but I believe it rated reasonably well. From memory, about 7 or 8 out of 10 in the Australian Playstion 2 mag (a few year back now) :g:

Not sure I want to admit this, but I have never watched Pulp Fiction. I've watched a number of Tarantino's movies including Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Dusk till Dawn but never got around to watching Pulp Fiction. The reason I mention this is I had a few people at work today commenting along the lines of "What, your kidding me Darren, you haven't seen Pulp Fiction yet". Will do so this weekend. :clap:
  • Pulp Fiction was really good. You have to check out Reservoir Dogs as well. Much craziness. Also really enjoyed David Lynch's Blue Velvet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion