Out Of Work
  • Well I had a great week last week doing our wedding stuff. A few minor things ironed out but all suss'ed by the time Friday evening came. Woke up on Saturday & popped down to the post office & collected my lovely new Metallica backpack, which I've been searching for for a couple of years & got it off E-bay for a
  • Oh Tiff, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Man, that is truly bad news indeed, what with all the Wedding stuff going so swimmingly!!
    While it may seem to be not much consolation at the moment, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise? Who knows what may come to you along the line, maybe even something better than what you have now!

Maybe, since you two don't have any kids yet, maybe that "funky shift" job may not be so bad, if you can handle the shift-changing stuff. Personally, if I were single, (and young like you are) I would be able to handle that ok. Guess it's worth a shot, eh?

Meanwhile, you've got friends here who will help you keep your chin up (and *hold* it up for you when necessary), and who will drown in those beers for you, in your name!
    :hug:
  • Tough luck there Tiff. :(

Speaking as someone who does shift work, it really isn't too bad once you get used to it. I do 12hr. shifts where I work but it's either days or nights, not both. We do 3 months of days then 3 months of nights. Switching back and forth during one week is too hard on the body and messes with your sleeping patterns. You might end up spending two of your 4 days off just recovering from work. However, you do get your 40+ hours in during those 4 days, and you are probably young and fit enough to only need 1 day recovery time. That would still leave you three days to yourself!

We also had to go through a temp agency before we were put on full time with benefits, but I think that is mostly to weed out the good from the bad workers. If they like your work you might get put on faster than 3 months. If the job has good pay and benefits, it might be worth the three months of crappy pay to get on full time. Plus you should be getting some severance pay from the old job, right?

Either way, best of luck to you! If times get too hard, let me know and I'll send you some beer money! ;)
  • We had an idea it was gonna happen - but nowt prepares you for it. So now we find us in this same position for the 2nd time in as many years as tiff was made redundant last year when he worked for LG Phillips.

Couldnt have come at a worse time really - what with the wedding all booked and the bills pouring in!! Just keeping things crossed one of the agencies will sort him out when he goes on tuesday.

I will sell him to go and pick beans in the fields if i have too lol!!!!!

And there was me gonna book myself into the hair dressers to have my colour stripped put and some nice colour and lites put in it for the wedding haircut but cant afford it now :crybaby:
  • Hang in there Tiff and try to stay positive. A new chapter in your life is about to open.
  • Lordy!! That is a very devastating blow. :(

Sorry to hear about that Tiff. Really is bad timing I'm sure. I'll for sure keep my fingers crossed that you can find yourself another job as quick as possible so that way you and oddish won't have to worry too much about aside from the wedding itself.

Try and keep your head up.
    I'll pray for you two.
  • Woah, that really blows and seems like terrible timing!

On a lighter note, heres a suggestion... sell all of your rare metallica stuff and the like for really cheap... to me... Ill take that backpack for say... 2 pounds?
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ Jun 26 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]66300[/snapback]

Woah, that really blows and seems like terrible timing!

On a lighter note, heres a suggestion... sell all of your rare metallica stuff and the like for really cheap... to me... Ill take that backpack for say... 2 pounds?
    [/b]

Have you seen the price for some of the rare sh!t? guitar picks are gold from the S&M concert along with the t-shirt (yup! I have THAT pick & Jane nabbed my S&M T-Shirt) just only a few days ago a g'tar pick went for
  • "postman tiff, postman tiff, postman tiff and his black and white..."

I could really see you as a postie. Back in bed by lunchtime and just think of all of that money in the birthday cards !

On a serious note, I am really sorry to hear about the job. It really couldn't have happened at a worse time. I have this weird feeling that this will somehow lead to bigger and better things for you.

Keep the faith, and you know we are always here for you.
  • One must remember that the cream always rises. But no money for ale or lager, egad! I would definitely lose a little from the middle in that situation. Best wishes from the colonies.
  • Well having been in your shoes many times Tiff-a-licious, and have come out better each and every time, I will give you the cliche, "keep ya chin up" but most importantly you and Jane keep positive, that more than anything will get you through all.
  • QUOTE(Jim B STAFF @ Jun 26 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]66313[/snapback]

"postman tiff, postman tiff, postman tiff and his black and white..."

I could really see you as a postie. Back in bed by lunchtime and just think of all of that money in the birthday cards !

[/b]

Why I oughta.......... If I get the job I'll make sure that any parcels address to you I'll shake real hard! <_<