• Hey folks, I need your help if you don't mind. I recently purchased a "dual shock" type controller for my PC. It is as close to a PS2 controller I could find. Thereby I want to start gaming on my 'puter. I need to know some titles which are reasonably priced but still woth playing. I'm not looking for MMORPGs as they require to much time and devotion. I need game titles which are similar to PS2 games, play for however long I choose, save and go do something else.

Anyone who can help please do, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction in my newest gaming venture. :punk:
  • Far Cry (FPS) would be a decent one to start with, its about 18mths old now so should be got for handy money, but your machine needs big specs to be able to play it with every thing maxed. Older Half Life games are always worth a call, but they are also FPS

generally there is always a PC version of the PS games, so if there was something you fancied for the PS byt never got, check to see if you can get it for the PC - often they were
  • There's plenty of PS2 games which also get released for the PC. Usually they're a bit fiddly with the keyboard but having a controller makes them play just like the PS2 versions.
    For instance, sports games, e.g. the FIFA series, play really well when played with a controller on the PC versions and, like the PS2 versions, you can play a couple of matches then save and turn off the computer.
    Same goes for racing games like the Colin McRae (spelling?) series.
    Er the Tomb Raider series are pretty decent ports aswell.
    What else? Just basically the games which you like playing on the PS2, and are ported to the PC, are playable with a controller.

• Thanks guys, Half Life is one I was looking into actually. As for the Tomb Raiders, the only reason I got the controller was to get TR 1+2 Gold editions which are only on PC. I'm a TR junkie, got all of the others on PS and PS2, but NEED to play the other levels on the PC versions.
  • Soldiers of Fortune 2 is a top game along with Call of Duty. Both of these FPS games are a little long in the tooth but still hold thier own and can be found in EB's budget bins. SOF2 is only $9.00 aud. Far Cry as previously mentioned is a top game. I purchased this game for $20.00 AUD. :punk:

I have also heard Deux-Ex is a superb game also. I haven't played the game myself but after reading a number of good write ups I'm considering buying the game. This game is also a few years old and at a budget price.

As for the Tomb Raiders, the only reason I got the controller was to get TR 1+2 Gold editions which are only on PC. I'm a TR junkie, got all of the others on PS and PS2, but NEED to play the other levels on the PC versions. [/b]

Wow, you're not wrong about being a TR junkie. That's dedication....

• I have Deux Ex, and to be honest it doesnt hold up well today. Sure it may have been the work of the gods 5 years ago, but they havnt been kind since. On a high spec modern PC things move far too fast, enemies are all over the top of you in seconds and its so gritty (ie dark dark dark, too dark to see the action most of the time!).

If you want Deux Ex that badly you can have mine!!
  • QUOTE(Majik @ Jul 18 2006, 04:35 AM) [snapback]66993[/snapback]
    I have Deux Ex, and to be honest it doesnt hold up well today. Sure it may have been the work of the gods 5 years ago, but they havnt been kind since. On a high spec modern PC things move far too fast, enemies are all over the top of you in seconds and its so gritty (ie dark dark dark, too dark to see the action most of the time!).

If you want Deux Ex that badly you can have mine!!
    [/b]

I'll probably give that one a miss then. Having bought an overpriced PC I seemed to have turned into a "graphics wh0re" due to trying too justify my spending too much by buying games with decent graphics. A far cry (no pun intended :D ) from the old Amiga days playing Pools of Radience.