Where You Are?
  • This Kinda goes along with our location on the Frappr map.

What is the general population of you area?

What is the make up of your area? (Urban or Rural)

....Feel free to add any other interesting facts about your "neck of the woods".

Chinook, WA

Chinook is in Pacific County.

The community was named for Indian tribe

The community is in the Pacific Standard time zone.

The latitude of Chinook is 46.273N. The longitude is -123.944W. Elevation is 13 feet above sea level.

The population, at the time of the 2000 census, was 457.

Income snapshot
    Median household income
    Chinook $30,417
    National $41,994
  • YAY, first to reply :clap:
    ok, here goes

I live in Otley, West Yorkshire, England, UK
    The timezone is GMT
    The Latitude is 53.90534946159289 and the Longitude is -1.6941261291503906

If you want to find out more about my little town then visit the About page.

• Little ol' Prince Edward Island is located on the east coast just above Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. The place is probably best known for the lobster as well as potatoes. There also is a very big (for here) tourism industry and is considered one of the best places in canada for golf.
  • Seaham, County Durham is a small town located on the North east coast of the UK.
    Hmmm what is Seaham famous for....... Seaham Hall - Big Spa thing (v posh and i cant afford to go), Around here was a big mining district in days gone by,
    Easington (5 miles down the coast and where i work) was were they filmed scenes from Billy Elliot.

It is that interesting living up here!! Come back Wigan - All is forgiven!!
  • My town (won't say the name for obvious reasons): has a population of about 62,000 as of 2005.
    holds five of the most scariest places to be in California.
    Is made up of both subarbs and ghetto.
    Carries the wonderous Children's Museum (which I remember fondly as a kid)
    Holds a Festival called the Corn Festival in a local park around here every August.

I don't know too much about income. Don't really care for the longetitude and latitude either.
    Oh also, my city is almost ALWAYS under construction.

I believe I've said enough here.

• I live in Minot, North Dakota, USA. Our population is roughly 37,000. Here are some little tidbits about my hometown. We host the Norsk Hostfest which is rumored to be the largest Scandanavian festival in the USA. We have a military base which has 32 B52 bombers, there are only two US bases which still have them. We have over 100 nuclear missiles planted in the surrounding farmers fields just because. In 1992 ( I believe it was ) we were recognized as an All American City. The highschool I graduated from was ranked in the top 50 nationwide ( at the time, over 20 years ago ). We are only 1 hour (roughly ) from the Canadian border. Minot lies in a valley, and we kind of have a river. The Souris ( or Mouse ) river flows south from Canada through Minot and then turns north and returns to the great white north. I guess aside from myself, that's all that's interesting about Minot.
  • I live in VancouverB.C. Canada. We're located at the mouth of the Fraser river and the area is referred to as the lower mainland. There is quite a bit of farmland in the outlying areas but the pressure to build on agricultural land is ever increasing,as the river delta is surrounded by mountains. In fact, most of the province of B.C. is quite mountainous, with the greatest annual amount of snowfall in the country yet quite dry and desert like in the summer. The population of the city as a whole is about 2.5 million. The main areas of employment are fishing, logging and tourism. Our climate here in the lower mainland is fairly mild, and with the mountains so close you can ski or play golf on the same day. Globally speaking, I'm actually pretty close to Mr. E and jdm1108 and probably about 16-20 hours north of Red Kenny (driving at highway speed). Something else that Lyndon should've mentioned, Prince Edward Island (the other side of Canada, about 3 full days driving at highway speed) is actually connected to the mainland by the Confederation bridge, which has a span of 13 kilometres!
  • QUOTE(oddish182000 @ Jul 28 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]67384[/snapback]

Seaham, County Durham is a small town located on the North east coast of the UK.
    Hmmm what is Seaham famous for....... Seaham Hall - Big Spa thing (v posh and i cant afford to go), Around here was a big mining district in days gone by,
    Easington (5 miles down the coast and where i work) was were they filmed scenes from Billy Elliot.

It is that interesting living up here!! Come back Wigan - All is forgiven!!
    [/b]

Same specs as Janeybobs, but she forgot to mention these famous things about Seaham

The opening scenes of ALIEN 3 were filmed on Seaham's old beach

The opening scenes to Saving Private Ryan were suppose to be filmed on the old beach (would be better as they do look like your in Normandy), but the councils & MP's were greedy and asked for more money & Steven Spielberg went to Ireland instead

The Poet Lord Byron Lived in Seaham Hall (now a very lush Spa & Hotel)
  • I am from Camp Verde Arizona. Its quit rural. Its mostly sand out here. A giant desert that comes with poisonous snakes and scorpions. Sorry for not posting. Its kinda hard to get on the pc cause I have terrible monsoons here. Yes, there has been a few power failures thanks to mother nature.