Death Of A Playstation 2
  • Yesterday when I got in from work I wanted to bang on Lego Star Wars 2 to test it out & my PS2 of 6 years is starting to give up on me. The CD tray keeps spitting out for no reason & bad loadings. I've had this baby from the very day the console was launched & played countless hours of fun on it and I feel like I'm loosing a close friend.

Just in 2 minds whether to buy a new Slimline one or hold out till march for a PS3

It's just strange that it's doing this right near the launch of it's replacement & I remember right that my PS1 did the same when the PS2 came out.

SONY????
  • Hmm... very interesting. As i recall back before the PS2 launch my ol' grey PlayStation kicked the bucket also. Because I didn't expect to get a PS2 as early as I did i went ahead and bought a PSOne. So far so good with my PS2 (it hasn't had much use lately).

Taking into consideration the long wait to the PS3 launch over there I'd look into a used slimline to tide over.

• Well...I bought my slimline PS2 a year and a half ago in 2005. It was my first PS2. My old grey PSOne (bought in 1997) still worked though, and it still does perfectly to this day.
  • Yes i came home from work on monday to find tiff sat on the floor swearing at it and threatening it with a screwdriver!! It worked fine tho as soon as i came in :D

I want a pink one!!!
  • If my mum hadn't bought be a second hand limited edition silver slimline for Xmas last year (and I was a girl) I would most DEFINITELY get the Pink PS2 Slimline and Singstar bundle :clap:
  • QUOTE(Jay290783 @ Sep 13 2006, 09:21 AM) [snapback]68519[/snapback]
    If my mum hadn't bought be a second hand limited edition silver slimline for Xmas last year (and I was a girl) I would most DEFINITELY get the Pink PS2 Slimline and Singstar bundle :clap: [/b]

You have a sliver slimline? I hate you. Just kidding, I have wanted a silver Playstation ever since I first seen them.

As for your dilemma Tiff and Odd, if you think you'll get enough use out of a new PS2 to warrant buying a new one then go for it. If not, hold out for the PS3. Or you could just forget about it all and find new ways to "amuse" yourselves. ;)

• QUOTE(Rex77 @ Sep 14 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]68531[/snapback]
    You have a sliver slimline? I hate you. Just kidding, I have wanted a silver Playstation ever since I first seen them.[/b]
    So, I've had BOTH versions of the silver PS2, bulky AND slimline. Just thought I'd add that to rub salt into the wounds further :devilish:
  • QUOTE(Jay290783 @ Sep 13 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]68519[/snapback]

If my mum hadn't bought be a second hand limited edition silver slimline for Xmas last year (and I was a girl) I would most DEFINITELY get the Pink PS2 Slimline and Singstar bundle :clap:
    [/b]

Yeah I bought Singstar Rocks over a month ago & along with the 80's game. Janes Dad under my advice bought the Anthems Game pack & we were at here parents not long back for her Dad's Birthday & I took my games to add to the fun. We were fighting from 9pm to 2pm to see who would get on the mic next. I blew my throat out singing Offspring's Self Esteme. Half way through it all we switched to Buzz - The Musical Quiz and everyone was cheating to get points to try and knock me & Jane's Dad off the Top (we've played it that much we know it all, plus we have a good recorded memory of all ages of music)

Woolworths pack looks good & is a good price for the pack, but we just found out that 2 of our favorite bands are playing together in November & we want to go with a couple of friends to see them again as they f**kin' rule! Money looks like it's going towards a Wii as my threats with the hammer of Thor to the PS2 seemed to work for now.
  • I would probably wait for the ps3 to come out. Hopefully you have patience to wait.

After my ps2 went out I bought a ps2 slimline and works great. My daughter has the big ps2 and works fine. I had to buy the slimline cause she wont share the ps2 with me. At that time I had no patience to wait for a year for the ps3.
  • Hmm maybe we could wait till the builders come in and have an 'accident' and claim off them lol!!!

I would love a slimline one to go with our new slimline look living room!! but wouldrather save the money towards a PS3!
  • my playstation 2 is starting to deteriorate I call it PS2 alzhimers. Still plays games fine just takes alittle longer to load and every once in a while ill press button to open tray and it instanly close gotta keep doing that 2-3 times. But its almost time to put it out to pastore anyways (heres hoping to november release date for US)