It know its at least 6 months away for some of us....
  • ....but I am interested to hear what you would choose to be your first PS3 game.

Now I cannot say for certain that I will be getting one in March, but when I do get one my first game will be Ridge Racer 7. It wont matter to me if RR8 has been released before I can afford the higher spec model...RR7 will be my first disk to spin in it?

Why? Well the reason is simple - the first game I bought when I got my little grey box 10 years ago was Ridge Racer, the first game I bought when I got my black box 6 years ago was Ridge Racer 5, so the first title I will buy is the first RR for the new console.

So lets hear yours - what will you buy, and why?
  • Hmm, tough call here. For me it's probably going to be either Fatal Inertia or Warhawk. I've been a fan of futuristic racers since the first WipeOut game and this one looks interesting. Meantime, Warhawk would make a good way to play around with the tilt features of the controller as a bit of a show-off piece.

This is, of course, assuming I somehow manage to land one at/soon after launch (fat chance after hearing the launch numbers). If it turns out to be months after it will depend on what games are out then.
  • Hopefully by the time we have it over here come next March, there will be a LOT of games out.
    I definitely want Smackdown! vs RAW 2007. GTA4 is out around that sort of time, supposedly (fingers crossed). Oh and if GTHD is out by then then I will get that as well.
    Depends on what money, if any, I've got at the time :D
  • I had some real flashbacks while watching the Ridge Racer 7 videos in the members downloads area for the very same reason Rory.

The original Ridge Racer and Battle Arena Toshinden (sp) were the games I bought with my PSone (or just plain old PlayStation back in those days).

The feeling of having an arcade machine in my front room was so amazing !

I really felt like I should be popping coins into the side of it every time I played another game.

I really hope that Gran Turismo HD is a launch title in Europe as I never really played the last game on PS2 and I am about ready to go and buy a wheel and play the new version inside out.... properly.
  • Jim, before I saw the video I was getting the game, now I am wondering if the wife has anything I can put on ebay so I can get it on launch day.....
  • I am a gamefly subscriber, so whatever they have. So far they show

Resistance: Fall of Man
    Call of Duty 3
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
    Genji: Days of the Blade
    NBA 2K7
    Full Auto 2: Battlelines

They have some super cool screenshots. I was just on the thread about realism and this stuff looks pretty real.
  • Hi meadowlarks, thanks for the info...

check out this link and add your most wanted PS3 games to the list:
  • I don't know when it's going to be available, but the new Metal Gear Solid is definitely going to be on my "put it on the credit card and worry about it later coz i've got the game NOW!" list...
  • I agree with you there, kern; well about the game, not the credit card, as I don't have one. ANyway, the new MGS looks brilliant. You seen the trailer for it? If not I think we have it among the other downloadables. Just click on
    If you haven't already done so, then why not add which games you most want to play to the following topic: