Absolute Playstation Inside Edition - Our First Newsletter
  • I am interested to hear what everyone thought when they opened their email today to find a copy of our first newsletter in it. :D

What did you think of the newsletter? What changes would you make to it? What would you like to see us reporting in the newsletter?

Would you prefer the newsletter to have exclusive content? In other words what is published in the newsletter isnt available on the main sites.

Please feel free to add your thoughts below.
  • I do hate to dissappoint you here. I did not receive the newsletter. I am assuming msn chewed it up. I have no doubt you sent it. Msn has a tendency to be abnormal at times. I will keep checking my email for it.
  • I havent recieved it either. Im assuming its been sent to MSN account which means Msn must hate you!
  • Yeah, I didn't get one either and I'm not using MSN. I did get the e-mail asking me to confirm that I wanted to get it. But I didn't actually get the newsletter itself. Any ideas what happened, Rory?
  • Jim had to tweak something before i received my newsletter (which looked very good, really). Guess there are still a couple of bugs to work out in the delivery.
  • Dont know what the cause of the problem was. I know that mine arrived about 2 hours after i clicked the confirm email. And that was to an MSN account as well.

Hopefully all these problems will be ironed out by the time that the second edition - featuring the Charger and DC centerfold - gets around to being published.... :D
  • OK, so I'm not the only one with the problem of receiving the newsletter then? I replied on the Squad Forum but nobody answered me, as far as I know. I wasn't going to put anything on here, but seeming as other staff members did then I decided to as well.
    Anyway, I clicked on the confirm link. It said my staff email address though. Has it gone to some kind of site email account thingy that I have no idea whatsoever of how to access? I would've thought that, even though my site email address was the address registered, it would still automatically forward it to my personal email account. I checked in both my inbox AND my junk mail, but nothing. Sehr Veird if you ask me :confused:
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    Hopefully all these problems will be ironed out by the time that the second edition - featuring the Charger and DC centerfold - gets around to being published.... :D

Please tell me that DC stands for Detective Comics and the centerfold somehow involves Wonder Woman and NOT DC for DevilChild. :eek: (No offense, Dan!)
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    Please tell me that DC stands for Detective Comics and the centerfold somehow involves Wonder Woman and NOT DC for DevilChild. :eek: (No offense, Dan!)

Look at it this way Chris. Dan or DevilChild in this case, could be created as NightCrawler. Then all we need is the rest of the X-MEN gang. I nominate Jim Prof. Xavier, anyone going to second that? Maybe we could have Lyn as Storm as she's kind of the second in command of the entire X-Men gang :laugh:
  • I finally got my newsletter on Friday, only just seen it now. Think I must've got it 6pm onwards on Friday.
    Anyway, I've had a look at it now. I have to say, I'm not super impressed with the look of it. Looks a bit blah to me. In other words, it's not very fancy looking is it? I know it's only the first issue; I'm sure it'll get better the more issues that are released.
    Roroy, maybe you should take a look at those gaming newsletters again that I forwarded to you, maybe they'll give you an idea of what looks good. Just compare them to our newsletter and you'll soon see the difference.
  • Me as Storm? I think you need to have another look at those X-men books, Jason- last i checked Storm is a female you dipwad! :frown: I think Cyclops would be better for my character.

I do agree the newsletter was looking a bit plain but still pretty good for a first edition- with a few tweaks it'll look great!
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Look at it this way Chris. Dan or DevilChild in this case, could be created as NightCrawler. Then all we need is the rest of the X-MEN gang. I nominate Jim Prof. Xavier, anyone going to second that? Maybe we could have Lyn as Storm as she's kind of the second in command of the entire X-Men gang :laugh:

I can honestly say.........I am more like Henry (Hank)(Beast) McCoy.:eek:

As for the Newsletter, top notch, I liked it.....and I received it the first time.
  • i got mine aouple days ago. It worked fine for me
  • I got mine the other day and i really liked it. There was enough to tweak the interest but not too much that you get bored halfway down if you know what i mean. I think its a job well done Majik.

Lyn - you wanna be psyclops? Whos at the front of the queue to poke one of your eyes out then :eek: :p
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Me as Storm? I think you need to have another look at those X-men books, Jason- last i checked Storm is a female you dipwad! :frown:

Well exsqueeze me. Yes, I know Storm is a female, but she was practically second in command because she's one of the actual originals and she's closer to Prof. X than a lot of them. I guess it depends where you look and whatnot really. The cartoons have kinda ruined it in a way because they end up making Cyclops and Gene Teenagers at school. Granted they're like in the last year at High School, but still school kids none the less. A bit confusing really :confused:
    I guess you could always be Beast; even though Dan wants that one. Oh, maybe you could be Gambit; he's pretty cool. I think Jane could be Gene and Mel could possibly be er...either Rogue or even what's her name...the one who can ghost herself through walls and stuff...forgot her name :huh:
    Dunno bout myself though. Maybe I could be like Ice-Man, he's pretty cool :laugh:

Anyways, as for the newsletter itself, let's see some more graphics, possibly even some flash on it. Make it less, well, static looking.
    I agree, it wasn't boring in the sense that you read half then that's it, but still needs something to make you actually want to read it. Maybe change the colouring as well?
    What d'you all think?
  • Wow. Look what got started. Oops.:huh:

Jason F Staff said:
    Well exsqueeze me. Yes, I know Storm is a female, but she was practically second in command because she's one of the actual originals...

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but Storm WAS NOT an original X-Man. Cyclops was along with Beast, Ice-Man, Angel and Jean Grey. Storm was actually one of the new X-Men. Oh, and the girl who can phase through walls, her name is Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat).

Lyndon, you'd make a perfect Cyclops. You're a natural leader.
    Dan, with your wrestling background and superior intellect, Hank would be an obvious choice.

As for the newsletter (sorry, this thread got hijacked) I did finally get mine and I thought it looked good. I didn't quite understand what a pair of boots had to do with cheats but other than that it looked pretty good. It seemed to remind me of a mini version of the website, which I thought was clever. I also liked the review links. Overall, for a first effort, I think it was top notch!
  • If im being jean grey can i be the evil one? Because she is so dull when shes good!!

I used to lurve Gambit!!! - and what about wolverine!!!
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    If im being jean grey can i be the evil one? Because she is so dull when shes good!!

OH, so you wanna be Phoenix girl instead of just plain Jean? Someone has an evil side to her :devilish:
    Chris S STAFF said:
    Hate to add fuel to the fire, but Storm WAS NOT an original X-Man. Cyclops was along with Beast, Ice-Man, Angel and Jean Grey. Storm was actually one of the new X-Men. Oh, and the girl who can phase through walls, her name is Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat).

Well you learn something new every day. I didn't realise Storm wasn't an original. In that case Lyn will have to be Cyclops then.
    Can I still be Ice-Man? As I've already said, he's cool! :cool:
  • I still haven't got one yet.
  • I finaly got one. Its a nice letter. Is it a weekly or monthly letter? Its pretty nice thanks. ;)
  • I would say it's prob gonna be monthly.
    A weekly newsletter takes a lot more time and energy, plus a LOT more people. I seriously doubt we have the man, or woman, power to pull off a weekly newsletter that be even half-decent.
    I think a monthly one is good enough to start off with. Maybe down the line it will increase in frequency to like fortnightly, maybe, but right now I'm going with it being a monthly newsletter.

BTW kremzeek, what do you think about the whole staff members as X-Men? Do you think it's a good idea, funny idea, or just plain stupid idea? Maybe if we get good feedback on the idea then it'll be put into practice.
    Then we can have tags like Ice-Man (For myself), and Cyclops etc...
    Read the posts before your to see what I mean, ok? :)