error message (80028EA5) when trying to log on to ps3 network..
  • I have logged on and played Call of Duty 3 online with my PS3 a few days ago. But today when I tried to log on, it would not let me login and sent an error saying, "you have been signed out of PlaystationNetwork. (80028EA5)". I have double checked all the highspeed connections, login and passwords, and everything is correct, but it won't let me sign in. I have done nothing to the PS3 or login information since last time I played online. Can you help me figure this problem out? Thanks
  • You aren't the only one, Terry- there have been posts around a few different forums wondering what's up. Sony seems to be either having technical problems with their servers or maybe they are doing some upgrading to their equipment. It's nothing that can be fixed on your end. Just relax, wait a bit and try again later on.
  • And dont forget the service is Free.. :-) and remember that Sony stands for "Soon Only Not Yet"
  • I have the same problem, and it happened as of last night. I was actually booted from a Resistance deathmatch and haven't been able to sign in to PSN ever since. I certainly hope it gets fixed soon... Did this happen to anybody else but can sign in now?
  • It has been happening to a number of people- the problem stems from Sony's network not being able to take the demand of all the PS3 owners going for the firmware update. The same thing happened when they first put up the Gran Turismo HD demo.

This is something that has to be fixed on Sony's end- all we can do is wait it out.
  • I appreciate the reinforcement. I was able to sign on yesterday night but now I can't again as of this morning (GAAHHH). It's all right - gives me time to finish Resistance on hard mode.

OT, I was really disappointed in the GT HD demo. I was expecting it to blow me away, but it seemed mediocre at best.
  • wow youre the first person ive heard of that thought the GTHD demo was mediocre. Ive shown it to a tonne of people and they all respond the same way with jaws scraping floor type shock.

Granted its a bit limited to play but at 1080p it looks something special and handles wonderfully to say the least.

Ive been more disapointed with the lack of volume of games available (and the variety) and whats on the playstation network. My two biggest peeves are I cant play my own music in RR (have to wait till they make music available to buy which is a bit of a con) and that it has no home media inreconnects as yet.. have a nice NAS here full of music and piccies and I had hoped ala XBox media centre that the PS3 being touted as a home media control base would interface with other storage mediums over a network.

All that being said at least they didnt make you buy games with the unit as a pack. Id be really choked if id had to buy games and picked up some of the clangers that got released at launch.
  • Honestly, i wasn't too impressed with Gran Turismo HD either. Sure, it looks great but the cars locking on the brakes at any amount of a turn just put me right off. I'll stick to Ridge Racer 7 for the racing fix (until Motorstorm gets out).

The game selection is lacking but that is nothing new for console launches- us early adopters should be used to it by now. Considering what is coming down the pipeline i think it is well worth the wait.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    ...I'll stick to Ridge Racer 7 for the racing fix (until Motorstorm gets out).

Just wait until October, Lyn. GTA IV will be out then. Racing, kind of, plus blow things up and shoot people for no particular reason, just because you can. Be great fun!!!!! :D
  • In all honesty I could care less about GTA- I have yet to play any of the games in the series, mainly because of the "blow things up/ shoot people for no good reason" bit. That, to me, would get boring quick.
  • Just felt like letting everyone know that the network is letting me play online again. =))))))))))

GTA4 will likely be a 50/50. I couldn't stand San Andreas and GTA3 got really old, real fast. But I enjoyed a great fraction of my life playing GTA2 on the computer, so I have no choice but to check the new one out and hope for the best.

IMO, GTHD seems more like GT4 and less like GT3, which to me, is a bad thing. I can't exactly pinpoint what I loved about the one and hated about the other, but hopefully that statement will help justify my distaste for HD (as of now).
  • natestfu said:
    IMO, GTHD seems more like GT4 and less like GT3, which to me, is a bad thing. I can't exactly pinpoint what I loved about the one and hated about the other, but hopefully that statement will help justify my distaste for HD (as of now).

Officially, GTHD IS GT4, just with improved graphics. That's what it was supposed to be anyway. However, from what I've heard, it's basically just a demo with limited tracks and cars etc. :frown:
    Just wait for the REAL PS3 version, which will, obviously, be GT5! :D
  • I think GTHD was a great demo, just takes a little while to get use to the driving. At least it did for me.
  • welcome natestfu its good to see new people here
  • I have been having the same error message for 3 days now (user name can't connect to server), but i haven't changed any settings on my PS3 or my connection. Is it my connection? Or is it Sony's servers?

Does any body else have this problem?
  • I have also experienced that problem, and it is sony's servers, unlike microsoft that actually organized their servers (which is why they charge, its guaranteed to never disconnect on you), sony somehow didnt equally distribute the server and it just overloaded, which caused all the network problems, but sony is currently working on it though, so we just have to chill until they do, hopefully its soon cause it p****s off!