Staff Titles Explanation?
  • Hey again,

I've noticed the different Moderators/Administrators titles of "Buddy Squad", "God Squad", things like that.

So, what do those different titles mean exactly?

Also, are there staff openings? Because I'd love to join the staff someday, and am experienced with Forum moderation.
  • Buddy Squad members are the moderators of the place, answering questions about the site and helping new members with any problems.

Most of the others (Site Squad, Cheat Squad) deal with working on content for the site itself- news items, release dates, cheats/ codes, reviews and feature articles.

As for God Squad, that is Jim's idea for the site administrators. Along with doing main site duties we can take care of profile problems (as I did with your name change) and, when necessary, giving the permanent boot to spammers and troublemakers (which have been very few lately).

One bit that pertains to all squad members is helping with the game- and hardware- related questions in the lower sections as well as the Customer Service here.

We're always on the look out for extra help, particularly for site squad- related items (always more games than people to do them). If doing things like writing reviews and feature articles sounds like something you would like to try feel free to try writing a sample or two and post them in your blog (another perk of the place). You can check out some of the recent reviews put up to see the style and scoring system we use. The final decision is Jim's on this sort of thing (he does own the place, after all ;) ).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    ...The final decision is Jim's on this sort of thing (he does own the place, after all ;) ).

Yes, and he rules with a 24 carat Gold, 10 carat diamond encrusted, fist as well. And he tells us he's poor, honestly :laugh:

Seriously though, sure it'll be great have an extra staff member. So go get a review written for a Sony console game, ok? :cool:
  • Hi mcwhammer... at the moment we are looking for people who can answer gamers PS2, PSP, PSP questions in the EXPERT HELP areas of the forum... is this something you could do ?
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    Hi mcwhammer... at the moment we are looking for people who can answer gamers PS2, PSP, PSP questions in the EXPERT HELP areas of the forum... is this something you could do ?

Honestly, maybe I'm not right for the job :redface: . I certainly like starting up discussions (As you've probably noticed on the forum), but when it comes to PSP and PS2 questions, I don't have a PSP, and I don't have a ton of games for the PS2. It would be hard for me to answer questions about individual games, if I have not played them.

Now if you needed me to help with the PS3, I could definitely answer questions about it, as it is my primary focus at the moment ;). Also, I can post Playstation News, and I'd be a good general moderator for the forum. Let me know what you think. If I'm not right for the job yet, that's OK.
  • To be honest, MC, most of the time I'm looking up the answers for games I haven't played on the web (Google is your friend ;) ). There's no possible way I'd have the time to play the majority of the games I've answered questions on.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    To be honest, MC, most of the time I'm looking up the answers for games I haven't played on the web (Google is your friend ;) ). There's no possible way I'd have the time to play the majority of the games I've answered questions on.

lol, OK, I did not know that. I thought you guys were just swimming in video games!!

Well then, I know how to use Google! I could definitely do that :p.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am pretty good at making graphics, so I could make some neato ones for the forum, if ya'll ever needed anything.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    lol, OK, I did not know that. I thought you guys were just swimming in video games!!

Well that's true. Have you seen Ducktales with Scrooge McDuck, Donald's Uncle, where he swims in all that money? That's us, except it's PS2, PSP, and PS3 games instead, lol :laugh:

Seriously though. It's like Lyn said, it's easy to find answers to peoples games questions. They mostly just want a little help getting past a certain boss or area. Walkthroughs are great if you can find them online. Usually you can just put the bit of the walkthrough they want in your own words. However, sometimes you might have to copy the walkthrough directly if it's quite a long bit. Example, if they need to collect tree different keys to open a specific gate then you'd probably have to copy the walkthrough directly as it would be alot easier than putting it all into your own words.

Just make sure you give the person who wrote walkthrough the credit, and make sure you emphasise than in now way did you write the walkthrough. Unless of course you did write the walkthrough then make sure you put that because that's quite an achievement :D

Er, I think that's all I needed to put about that really :huh:

Jay

p.s. Oh I forgot about cheats. Some games have them, others don't. They usually take quite a bit of searching if they exist.
    Also some games have Action Replay codes, or GameShark codes. You can post them, as far as I know, just make sure you state clearly which cheat disk is needed and that the codes only work with that cheat system. Oh and obviously state which region they're for as US NTSC codes don't work for UK PAL games and vice-versa, obviously :)