Your Dream Game?
  • [CENTER]What would that be? Your dream game would probably be of your favorite genre, so what would that dream game be like?

Mine would have to be the original San Francisco: Rush video game re-made from the ground up, in "True HD" for the Playstation 3. Online play on that game would be truly amazing, considering all of the available shortcuts/flying cars/hills that made the N64 game the greatest.

Unfortunately, they tried to bring back the franchise on the PS3, but it was disappointing to me. It didn't even feel like "Rush" at all. Ah well, that's just me. How about you?
    [/CENTER]
  • Does it have to be a particular game? Or can I just give you things I would like to see applied in my dream game?

If it's a particular game: Final Fantasy VII remade for the PS3 would definately be an awesome game I'm sure. I remember my friends and I would make fun of the games blocky looking characters...but the story and love triangles..there's nothing that can beat that game in my opinion.

Dream Game Attributes: Multi player RPG which has a great story. Character depth is a must as well as music and love pairings is a must. No relationships between characters in a RPG just simply bugs me. But maybe that's the "girl" part of me speaking out.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    If it's a particular game: Final Fantasy VII remade for the PS3 would definately be an awesome game I'm sure. I remember my friends and I would make fun of the games blocky looking characters...but the story and love triangles..there's nothing that can beat that game in my opinion.

I completely 100% agree. I wanted them to release it on the PS2 originally. And I would certainly love to see it remade on the PS3. It would have to have two settings though. The "normal" game mode for us poor people without a HDTV (graphics would be like high-end PS2 graphics) and then a "HD Mode" that had the game in HD. So the normal FMVs would be the equivalent of near HD quality (think Advent Children if you've seen it) and the "HD" FMVs would be like a "True" HD Movie cut into bits.
    Melinda S STAFF said:
    Dream Game Attributes: Multi player RPG which has a great story. Character depth is a must as well as music and love pairings is a must. No relationships between characters in a RPG just simply bugs me. But maybe that's the "girl" part of me speaking out.

I agree with majority of that. But what do you mean about the "relationships"? You want the sexscapades of the San Andreas mod...in a Final Fantasy type game? :o
  • i agree too, but, i think it would be a lot cooler released for the *ahem* wii! then you could swing and nunchaku your way thru to sepheroth with that kick ass sword!! woooooo baby! COME ON SQUEENIX! HAND IT TO NINTENDO! XD
    *sexcapades optional* ;)
  • I wouldn't mind a re-make of Quake for the PS3, much better than the DooM 3 abortion of a few years ago, even Hexen is long overdue a facelift.

Another would be Carmageddon, brutal Deathrace 2000 type game and should be a HD one at that with real cities instead of made up maps
  • Jason F Staff said:
    I agree with majority of that. But what do you mean about the "relationships"? You want the sexscapades of the San Andreas mod...in a Final Fantasy type game? :o

What do you think I am? A pervert?;)

I mean the ways Final Fantasy hooks them up...(or at least...used to hook people up. Haven't see any relational stuff since FFX-2..) Nice little love talks and kissing and all that mushy stuff. Both characters telling their feelings for one another. Not the whole sexscapades you'd see in GTA. No thank you there.
  • Chris N STAFF said:

Another would be Carmageddon, brutal Deathrace 2000 type game and should be a HD one at that with real cities instead of made up maps

Oh yeah Chris, that'd definitely be a good idea. There was a really good destruction derby game for PS2, although I can't remember the exact title. Also, that makes me wonder - What the heck happened to TWISTED METAL? those games WERE Playstation. That was like Spyro or Crash to playstation. I'm gonna have to go wikipedia that, I miss the old twisted metal franchise, as annoying as it was at times. :D

EDIT: I wikipedia-ed it. (New word maybe?) News about the franchise: In November 2006, reports in the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly say that a new Twisted Metal has been in development for Playstation 3 and PS2 which will feature huge online worlds. (Which is odd, I get EGM mag, and I don't remember seeing that in it anywhere. But, it's cool to hear. It will be awesome anyway you look at it).
  • A Lord Of The Ring game, 14 playable characters, 40 weapons to aqcuire, 250levels to play, with six hours of movie cutscenes. That would be so nice..

But a dream game is always a non-existant one. We can just keep on dreaming:(
  • Ring Wraith said:
    A Lord Of The Ring game, 14 playable characters, 40 weapons to aqcuire, 250levels to play, with six hours of movie cutscenes. That would be so nice..

But a dream game is always a non-existant one. We can just keep on dreaming:(

Aw, don't give up hope on your dream game. Many of our dream games wouldn't be a stretch to make, they are all just taking a used idea One step further. I like your idea, except for the six hours of movie cutscenes! :D, Cause you know, whoever develops a game like that will block you from fast forwarding through those long cutscenes. They gotta be stupid like that.

In a dream world, maybe game developers make smarter decisions... who knows.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Aw, don't give up hope on your dream game. Many of our dream games wouldn't be a stretch to make, they are all just taking a used idea One step further. I like your idea, except for the six hours of movie cutscenes! :D, Cause you know, whoever develops a game like that will block you from fast forwarding through those long cutscenes. They gotta be stupid like that.

In a dream world, maybe game developers make smarter decisions... who knows.

6 hours of cutscenes, sounds like the last 2 Metal Gear games.

Metal Gear Solid with action & no plot to get into. e.g. a FPS game! even get to steal a Metal Gear (Rex or Ray were the best ones) fly around & take out ships, planes, buildings, even little squirels hiding nuts etc......
  • I would like to play some sort of RPG game where you are evil and try to take over the world instead of saving it. I always liked the evil characters better than the good ones. i.e. Sephiroth, Seifer, Lord Seymour, Albedo (the guy in my avatar), Ansem and some others.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I would like to play some sort of RPG game where you are evil and try to take over the world instead of saving it. I always liked the evil characters better than the good ones. i.e. Sephiroth, Seifer, Lord Seymour, Albedo (the guy in my avatar), Ansem and some others.

That actually sounds quite good. Especially playing as Sephiroth. It would have to start pre-FFVII though when Cloud first joins and they go to Nibbelheim (Cloud and Tifa's home town) and Sephiroth first discovers Jenova (his mother).
    Then just play on through FFVII but as Sephiroth instead, then you get to change the ending where Sephiroth succeeds in destroying the planet with Meteor.
    That would be mondo coolio :cool::D

Could be like an alternate reality/parrallel universe where evil triumphs over good instead of the other way around.
  • I would like to see an RPG style wrestling game. Totally fictional characters completely customizable from looks to moves, a true Heel/Face system that effects fan and locker room interaction.

Picture a Fable/KOTOR/Smackdown/Sims kinda thing.....:P
  • my dream game would be a Sims/ Grand Theft Auto/ Toontown, sort of game. were you can walk around, pick anything in your sight up,from dog to ashtray, but if you walk into a store youhave to pay for it, or you could try to steal it if it is not for sale, but if you get caught, they call the police, and civilians, may try to chase after you, or you could be good and help try to get the bad guy, or a house you have to knowck to get permission to get in, and you could also try to steal, like i said you can pick anything up in your sight, and you have to get a job, you have to walk your dog, or you could not get a job and dodge taxes, and get evicted, or your power cut, and if you have enough money you could design and build your own house, you can get a wife have children, raise them, or the exact opposite, you can carry a gun shot poeple if you want, seal cars, or you could go to a dealership and buy your own car, i think thats enough, of my dream game i think you get the point!
  • Melinda S STAFF said:

Sorry for the multiple posts but i read this a little later, buuutt

A relationship is fine, don't get me wrong i own a copy of FF7 bought in 98, and i was at the gamestore as soon as school was out to get my copy of Advent Children, that i had reserved about a little over a half a year before it came out, but wene a game and a movie is base completely on a relationship it does kinda of get annoying, its hard to watch a bad ass break down over a girl!, and while he is with another girl that he has spent pretty much his whole life to get her attention, and he finally gets her attention, any normal girl would have said screw it i gave him a chance. which that goes into most of this generations chick flicks, guy likes girl, girl finaly gives in, guy pisses her off, guy fells bad, guy does something miraculouse, girl comes running back. i guess my point is the first hugantic relationship is alright, but i dont think i could make it through another game based on a relationship, a little relationship is alright, like some were inb the middle of the game the main character finally gets the girl of his dreams, and a part of a game were you do something with that girl.