PS3 Audio problems....
  • Okay.. I have a Gateway flat screen HD monitor for my PC that I am using as my gaming monitor for the PS3. I have the Component AV cable connecting the PS3 to the monitor, then I have the audio cables going to two female RCA adaptors, which is then going to a RCA audio two into one cord, which is plugged into my Boston Acu. PC speakers. I then have the Boston Acy. speakers plugged into my "line out" on the back of my Gateway PC. The sound works when gaming, HOWEVER, it's FULL volume only. I have no way to turn it down. When I attempt to turn it down on the speaker volume dial (on my speaker) it doesnt work. The only way I have been able to turn the sound down, is go into the PS3 audio settings for the game and turn it down. However, once the game is not in game play mode, (movie parts of the game) it goes back to FULL volume. I have taken several photos to show my set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Just throwing this out there (still sorting out what's plugged where) but have you tried adjusting the speaker volume on the PC? Considering you have them plugged into your line out it's worth a shot.
  • Yes, I have tried that. I have also tried using the "line out" and still no volume control.
  • why don't you have it plugged into your tv?
  • I'm not sure what you are asking... We do have a plasma television in our family room, however it isn't HD. Therefore, I am using this HD monitor to game. On this HD monitor there isn't a RCA connection for audio inputs.(There are no speakers on the monitor itself)
  • Cop, try plugging the cable you have going from the PS3 to your speaker into the line in on your computer. This should get the sound going through the sound card to your speakers and allow you to change the volume on the PC (hopefully).
  • Okay.. I'm gonna give that a try now.. Thanks. BTW here are a few more pics from the rear of my monitor. As you can see no connection for the audio rca jacks.

• Unless there were speakers built into the monitor I didn't expect there would be any.

One thing I thought of after suggesting that is you may have to fire up something like Windows media Player or another audio player and set input as the line in.
  • So far nothing has worked... There has to be a way to do this!! lol
  • In one of your pictures you show an audio input in the back of one of your speakers with no cable plugged in... was this always like that or did you just pull the cable for the picture?
  • I pulled the cable for the photo. :)
  • you don't need a HDTV to hook up a ps3 mines hooked up to my regular tv and it works fine
  • You're missing the point here, dancer. He's using his computer monitor to play on as it had component hookups and wants to get his sound going through his computer's speakers. We know you don't need it in Hd but it looks so much nicer when it is. :p
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You're missing the point here, dancer. He's using his computer monitor to play on as it had component hookups and wants to get his sound going through his computer's speakers. We know you don't need it in Hd but it looks so much nicer when it is. :p

Thank you for explaining that to dancer... Lyndon.... :laugh:

Thanks for everyone’s help. However, I have the problem fixed now. I now have a Gateway HD monitor FPD2485SW, along with Altec Lansing speakers that have an input, and rca jacks for an external devise. This thing is huge and works AMAZING! My old speakers were from the mid 90's, when I purchased a previously Gateway pc. I'm sure there was a way to get them to work, but... I got fed up making countless trips to Best Buy trying to get it to work. My old monitor (Gateway HD FPD2185SW) was recently purchased and still within the return policy dates. I had thought it was 1080p, when in all actuality it was only 1080i. So now I have true 1080p! :w00t2: (now if the will only make 1080p games... lol)

Thanks again for trying to help. :cool:

I'll post some pics of the new setup after my camera battery charges.