• Just got a PS2 and a memory card. Put in the card but can't save the game. Is there something i need to do to save a game? Instructions are not real clear. Thanks
  • Don't shoot me for asking but is this a PS2 memory card that you got? If it is then it could be possibly not pushed in all the way or maybe even something wrong with the card or the slot. If it isn't then i'll let you in on the Magic Gate conspiracy. Sony though of this great new feature for it's Memory Cards that they called Magic Gate which allows the data to be encrypted on the card and it also kept game saves from being messed up too easily. Well, the only problem with that was that PS2 games were told to look for the magic gate when saving, which meant other card makers(Interact and Nyko to name two) had to pay them for using the technology on their cards. All in all it was a good idea but it doesn't allow for PSX saves on PS2 cards and vice versa. If it's neither of those then it could be that there's a problem with the connections so maybe try the MC in the second slot to see if it helps. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting, have fun gaming, and have a very happy New Year. :thumbsup:
  • It is by interact. I did not install the Memory Manager Software. I got another memory card by sony that works fine. I will try and install the memory manager later. It came in a kit with an extra controler. It says it will store 10 times more data than any other card, but the software must be installed every time the PS2 is reset. Is this something worth using?
  • I'd recommend sticking with the Sony card-that InterAct one sounds like it's too much trouble to be bothered with.
  • You should actually be able to save it to the card which also works with Sony cards. It will compress the data on the card UP TO 10x but not always at that much. For the card, you don't need the MCM installed to use the card. It's just like a normal card up until then. If anything then there's something wrong with the card as Interact has been known to delete it's contents, usually after you have many important saves on them. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting, have fun gaming, and have a happy New Year. :thumbsup:
  • I have a friend who bought a interact memory card, and all of his important saves were deleted. I have a sony card and would reccomed that you get one, as they are the best.
  • I had an Interact card when I was along way through GT3 and one day I went to load it up and hello there was no save data, not a happy camper.