• Hi....I searched and couldn't find anything about this so I thought I'd ask everybody. I have my PS3 hooked up on a wireless connection. My router is a Netgear Rangemax 240. The PS3 has a "G" wireless adapter according to its specs. I understand that "G" isn't as fast as any wired connection and its not going to be as fast as my computer which is hooked up to an "N" adapter (its great! Just as fast as a wired connection!), but it is just REDICULOUSLY SLOOOOOW!

I'm in the process of downloading this update (1.54) and its been about an hour and a half and its only 80% done. The game demos I have downloaded also take between an hour to two hours. When I've played Resistance online, the other people disappear and reappear a few feet away constantly.

I just wanted to know if everybody elses is this slow and they experience these issues with Resistance.
  • Part of your problem, I would say, is the router. The wireless N routers out there now are not based on any final specifications but on early concepts (they are still fighting over some of this stuff) and the wireless card inside the PS3 may not be working quite right with it.

If your router is close enough you could try doing the download via a wired connection or download the firmware from Sony's site on your PC and transfer that over to a memory card to update. I've written up a how-to for that in the sticky at the top of this section.
  • I know the ps3 is slow when downloading when i download demos it takes like a minute to go up a percent. Hey jvordtriede have you ever not finished when downloading a update,like it says error server could not connect,or the server could not establish a connection.
  • dancer said:
    I know the ps3 is slow when downloading when i download demos it takes like a minute to go up a percent. Hey jvordtriede have you ever not finished when downloading a update,like it says error server could not connect,or the server could not establish a connection.

No....fortunately, I've never had that problem. Its never lost a connection and I've never interrupted it. But it sounds like you experience the same slowness. Maybe someday I'll check to see if its any different when I connect it with a wire and see if its any faster.

BTW...FYI....MLB 2K7 is pretty darn good. There's definitely a learning curve though. I'm currently getting my ass kicked bad. Looks really good though.
  • i havw a wired connection
  • what do you do if after a long download you get a message saying error server couldnt connect? Start again?
  • That's about all you can do- if the server lost connection with you it may have been too busy at the time. Try it again in an hour or so.
  • dancer said:
    I know the ps3 is slow when downloading when i download demos it takes like a minute to go up a percent. Hey jvordtriede have you ever not finished when downloading a update,like it says error server could not connect,or the server could not establish a connection.

i have that problem.
    can someone give me the link to download the update